Why would you get rid of your old 1/60's?

sqidd

just a copy and paste from a previous thread...

i started with a 1/60 because i didn't want to shell out for a 1/48. the main reason i picked up the 1/60's is because of its diecast content giving it the feel/weight of a real toy. its pretty much why i haven't sold any of them even after hearing the news of the newer 1/60's. i prefer diecast toys in general and i already own several versions/scales of the VF-1 in plastic.

i'd also like to add that the original 1/60's are the first transformable VF-1 toys made since the 1/55's. its like owning a piece of toy history in my eyes. while the price may drop after the PT 1/60's, these will still be valued by fans for years to come. and just because something is newer doesn't make it better as far as a from collector POV. its same reason why people pickup the bootlegs(galaxy defender anyone?) and other weird varients(joons, TRU CF, etc).

OK so I just saw the new larger pics of the 1/60v2 VF-1s that Charger69 posted and am thinking that I will have to sell my milia 1/60 at least, as soon as possible before the general public gets the 411 on the v2, put that money aside and save it for a year down the line when they release the v2Milia.

WHAT!?!? Are you nuts??? You can't sell yourself off like that. You LOVE Milia...You LOVE LOVE LOVE Milia. :ph34r:

Hey Sqidd, what do you mean hijacked? No, seriously, I do not know what it means to hijack a thread. Whatever it is, no hard feelings.

I don't know what that means either. But, we all know Sqidd is a SUPER DUPER good guy.

I don't know what that means either. But, we all know Sqidd is a SUPER DUPER good guy.

To hijack a thread is when you post a topic not covered in the original post and people start responding to it.

In other words If I posted a topic on the new 1/60 YF-21 and for some reason someone else came along and said yeah you see the hands on that guy its much better than the hands on the YF-19 and suddenly it became a topic on the hands of various Yamato's nto about the YF-21 at all.

Sorta like this post responding to your post in a thread about non of the above :p

To hijack a thread is when you post a topic not covered in the original post and people start responding to it.

In other words If I posted a topic on the new 1/60 YF-21 and for some reason someone else came along and said yeah you see the hands on that guy its much better than the hands on the YF-19 and suddenly it became a topic on the hands of various Yamato's nto about the YF-21 at all.

Sorta like this post responding to your post in a thread about non of the above :p

Ahhhhh I see.... ;)

:ph34r:

WHAT!?!? Are you nuts??? You can't sell yourself off like that. You LOVE Milia...You LOVE LOVE LOVE Milia. :ph34r:

I know, I just looked at my collection display again and decided that for now I am not going to sell any of them, especially milia. I really love my collection for now so I am going to keep.

Yes, I do know that Sqidd is a SUPER DUPER good guy. Good friend he is!

Thanks for the explanation. Now I understand.... you hijacker! :lol:

I have the 1/60v.1 milia and the 1/48 milia, and of course the super deformed milia (thanks Mysterryno) and I want the bandai re issue milia too. If they do come out with a 1/60v.2 milia then I will just get that in addition. May even have to get a takatoku and a joons milia too. Oh and I would love the highcomical milia as well but those go for a bit much (actually about the same as the reissue bandais!).

So yeah, having different versions is nice.

I have the 1/60v.1 milia and the 1/48 milia, and of course the super deformed milia (thanks Mysterryno) and I want the bandai re issue milia too. If they do come out with a 1/60v.2 milia then I will just get that in addition. May even have to get a takatoku and a joons milia too. Oh and I would love the highcomical milia as well but those go for a bit much (actually about the same as the reissue bandais!).

So yeah, having different versions is nice.

Your welcome you sexy beast ^_^

And yes different virgins I mean versions are nice......I have a few different Versions of my M&M's and plan to continue that crazyness(spelling)

:ph34r:

Edited by misterryno

You are a silly man! .... and thats why I love you!

EDIT: yes, I know, "get a room" and "this is totally off topic" and so on and so forth!

I wish more people loved me like you do :D

I know I know.....we should get a room....LOL....just kidding.....unless it's one for the MW Con 08....then I am not kidding....cause I want someone REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY cool to share a room with.....and that is you Miriya.

Sorry for all the interuptions guys....I do not own any old 1/60's so I will stay on topic if I can :ph34r:

good points DnD.

Hey Sqidd, what do you mean hijacked? No, seriously, I do not know what it means to hijack a thread. Whatever it is, no hard feelings.

It's a forum joke thing. It's when you jump in a thread and change the topic. :)

It's a forum joke thing. It's when you jump in a thread and change the topic. :)

So what do you think of the star wars Mighty Muggs? I want to strip down the storm trooper and paint it up as milia in DYRL meltraendi flightsuit style.

EDIT:

</hijack>

Edited by miriya

I only have one, being the 1/60 VT-1 Super O. And i love it. It's beautiful.

My first Yamato and Valkyrie collected since i was a youngin. My first 1/48 (Hik 1S plus Strike pack) was a month after or so.

Would never sell it, coz of sentimental value. And it looks great the way i have it posed in FP'less Gerwalk (ala cruising earth Hik and Misa style) but am relishing the opportunity to bring in the new super O version with better poseability.

If i was so unfortunate enough to aquire more 1/60's before the 1/48's i would sell them off, only if they were one seaters. This talk about 2 seaters not being included in the new line is strange. Soon as they bring them out in a year or less we'll feel better.

I believe if it's an inferior copy then sell it and get the better one. Unless your loaded then sure, why not collect it, but both lines? <_>

I was considering grabbing a CF-1A 1/60 old line way back, but glad i didn't, only to get a Gunpod was a bit silly.

1/60 new version for the win!

Edited by ruskiiVFaussie

So what do you think of the star wars Mighty Muggs? I want to strip down the storm trooper and paint it up as milia in DYRL meltraendi flightsuit style.

EDIT:

</hijack>

Millia, are you crazy. Have you seen some of the Tigger Space Suits stuff! I'm painting one that way.