VF-19 vs VF-22 poll

one_one

55 members have voted

1. 1. VF-19 vs VF-22 poll

• VF-19
    • VF-22

He did all that?

Wasn't he still shooting at the Ghost after the whole Guld fight?

Yup. Isamu was shooting at the Ghost after the dogfight(both movie and OVA versions.) Also Guld was the more reckless of the two when it came to firing off weaponry. More missiles, more gunpods shots, more property damage...etc. If you re-watch that episode Isamu was on Gulds six when they were heading into the city and during part of the city chase. Why didn't he shoot down Guld?

For the most part Isamu was flying defensive against Guld. He was there to fight the Ghost, not Guld. Oh, and Isamu losing his gunpod and head laser was because of debris from when Guld crashed through that building. I very much doubt that that effect was calculated by Guld.

That sounds right. As I watched it, Guld was the one firing dozens of missiles. And they were pretty much even with the whole "knocking off fast-pack" thing. Guld may have shot the headlaser off the 19, but did land one nasty double fisted punch on the 21, Daedalus Attack style.

G's aren't the ultimate measure for manueverability, it's more like "maneuverability at speed". (It's really a measure of structural strength if anything)

A 6g turn can easily evade a missile that's doing a 30g turn. G=speed X rate of turn (basically). I can't do real calculations without looking up some stuff, so this'll be all fake numbers but will illustrate my point:

Turning 10 degrees per second (thus 36 seconds to make a full circle) at Mach .7 is like 2 g, while 5 degrees per second at Mach 5 would be like 20 g. Same turn rate, but more G's due to more speed. (Thus an equal turn rate---but greater radius of turn for the latter).

Turning's complex, btw. :)

He did all that?

Isamu did somehow regain his gunpod one scene later (one of the many continuity errors in episode 4). But if you watch everything before it it's quite clear Isamu lost his gunpod (you can see Guld grabn it and throw it away while they're fighting in the city, and afterwards it's gone for the rest of thier fight).

Another thing is that supposedly Isamu lost his gunpod while fighting Guld, and when we see the underside of the 19 after Guld's final attack, we see that the 19 lacks its gunpod. However, later when the Ghost comes around, Isamu starts trying to gun it down with his magically appearing gunpod! :D

Wasn't Isamu using his wing lasers against the ghost?

Another thing is that supposedly Isamu lost his gunpod while fighting Guld, and when we see the underside of the 19 after Guld's final attack, we see that the 19 lacks its gunpod.  However, later when the Ghost comes around, Isamu starts trying to gun it down with his magically appearing gunpod! :D

Wasn't Isamu using his wing lasers against the ghost?

I'll have to double check, but I think he was using his wing lasers. Remember, even when stripped of optional weapons, the YF-19 is still equipped with two lasers in the wing roots, and one in the head.

Now Guld shooting at the Ghost after the Ghost dismembered the 21 is odd to me... Looks like I'll have to watch Ep 3-4 all over again...

He did all that?

Isamu did somehow regain his gunpod one scene later (one of the many continuity errors in episode 4). But if you watch everything before it it's quite clear Isamu lost his gunpod (you can see Guld grabn it and throw it away while they're fighting in the city, and afterwards it's gone for the rest of thier fight).

I don't see it. I see Guld coming through the building and Isamu drops the gun.

I think the whole point of this fight was to show that neither is better than the other. They have different styles but in the end, they're equal. Guld shoots off Isamu's FP, then Isamu does the same. Guld shoots off Isamu's headlaser and makes him drop his gun, then with his next punch Isamu break Guld's gun in two dodges his next attack then sends Guld's 21 flying with a punch.

And since this thread was originally about the planes, it could also be said that if the 21/22 was truly superior to the 19 then maybe it was Guld's lack of skill that kept him from being able to kill Isamu outright.

Edited by imode

I don't see it. I see Guld coming through the building and Isamu drops the gun.

I think the whole point of this fight was to show that neither is better than the other. They have different styles but in the end, they're equal. Guld shoots off Isamu's FP, then Isamu does the same. Guld shoots off Isamu's headlaser and makes him drop his gun, then with his next punch Isamu break Guld's gun in two dodges his next attack then sends Guld's 21 flying with a punch.

And since this thread was originally about the planes, it could also be said that if the 21/22 was truly superior to the 19 then maybe it was Guld's lack of skill that kept him from being able to kill Isamu outright.

Guld takes Isamu's gunpod and subsequently throughout the rest of the fight he is without it (Isamu's gunpod is conspicously absent in through the rest of the scene). Guld however still had his second gunpod, head laser, arm lasers, and plenty of missiles. There is a scene with Myung between when the Ghost first attacks Guld and Isamu and when we see Isamu use his gunpod again, so it is conceivable the he was able to retreive it.

G's aren't the ultimate measure for manueverability, it's more like "maneuverability at speed". (It's really a measure of structural strength if anything)

A 6g turn can easily evade a missile that's doing a 30g turn. G=speed X rate of turn (basically). I can't do real calculations without looking up some stuff, so this'll be all fake numbers but will illustrate my point:

Turning 10 degrees per second (thus 36 seconds to make a full circle) at Mach .7 is like 2 g, while 5 degrees per second at Mach 5 would be like 20 g. Same turn rate, but more G's due to more speed. (Thus an equal turn rate---but greater radius of turn for the latter).

Turning's complex, btw. :)

I love how David provides us with technical information without committing himself to an answer! :lol:

What about Docker? He was flying a VF-19s, it blew up, and he didn't die.

Don't argue with me on this, I don't feel like taking screen caps.

Someone correct me but could someone confirm whether Docker was killed at the end of M7 ?

rgds

What about Docker?  He was flying a VF-19s, it blew up, and he didn't die.

Don't argue with me on this, I don't feel like taking screen caps.

Someone correct me but could someone confirm whether Docker was killed at the end of M7 ?

rgds

he was, final episode of M7, Gavil killed him.

Actually in the end credits you see him being pulled from wreckage quite alive.

He kind of pulled a Gamlin, like when Gamlin was supposed to die, but didn't.

Edited by Anubis