World of Warcraft OR Guild Wars etc...

kung flu

WoW is fun. I have 2 70s and a 61 (my old Main; Millia) but now I use my warlock Gorefiend(PVE affliction) and my paladin Milliatres(PVP holy). My wife finally got around to hittin 70 so she pvps with me on her druid. Its fun, but like... just remember when to call it a night etc.

Dude, I thought you retired. Can't stay away from Azeroth?

WoW DJ, thats crazy. I don't think I would like it on a private server, simply because I think that WoW is too easy already. Solo Black Temple? yawn. Run it with 25 people and throw in unpredictability into the mix = win

lol. yea, some private servers are too easy. i used to 2 man kara with my rogue cause the custom t8 armor, swords and bows (plus a rogue's head enchant) gave rogues 93% dodge. i would just stand there and tank all the bosses with my rogue. i think he got rid of the 95% dodge for rogues 'cause all the other classes complained about rogues bein' impossible to beat in pvp.

he also got rid of haste 'cause hunters, mages and warlocks had spells (like a mage's pyroblast with its 6-8 sec cast time, been awhile since i played my mage) with 0.25-3 sec cast time 'cause off the 500+ haste that the armor/weapons gave them.

i sux at pvp. i play on the blizzlike server and even that server is too ez. 6 toons at level 70 and strangers would say i had no life 'cause i had so many toons at level 70. yea, right, i could hit 70 in a day or two if i would stop doin' quests that gave me no exp.

i want to get on retail but that would take alot of my free time. i should be workin' on my production/dj skills anyways. i may try retail one day once i get some equipment and i see how much free time i have for retail wow.

OK, so I've been playing RF online, not sure what I'm actually ment to be doing, so far I've gone about killing monters, I have not encountered any players from other factions.

why the f**k does rf online say "FREE to PLAY" but there is NO WAY to play it for free. i've signed up on 3-5 websites tryin' to get my "free" play but nothin' works. i thought rf online was goin' to be a tite game but so far it suxs. at least wow has a WORKIN' free game trial for ppl to play. i google for private servers and it seems that rf online has been hacked, i found 300 private servers for rf online. but i won't even bother tryin' them. it probably end up like silkroad online, conquer online and 5-8 other mmorpg's that won't work on my pc (i need to upgrade my pc, silkroad and conquer used to work before i had to install an older backup motherboard of mine). but for some strange reason, wow works (and so does cs 1.6, i haven't bothered to install sims to see if it will work) and the other mmorpgs have lower quality graphics (heroes or martial heroes work, i can't remember which one works, but i can't access my silkroad and conquer online accounts) than wow.

why the f**k does rf online say "FREE to PLAY" but there is NO WAY to play it for free. i've signed up on 3-5 websites tryin' to get my "free" play but nothin' works. i thought rf online was goin' to be a tite game but so far it suxs. at least wow has a WORKIN' free game trial for ppl to play.

I downloaded my free copy of RF online from their official website www.rf-onlinegame.com, it didn't say anything about it being a trial. So far I've not been asked to pay anything.

:lol: Finally got RF online working, just wondering, do all the races get to control robots, I've created my character associated with the Accretia.

Bellato is the only race that controls Mechs, which stands just a little taller and wider than an Accretian. Corites (Cora), is the only race that summons monsters to help fight. To compensate for the Accretians (since they are living robots) not using another giant armor or summons, they use giant cannons that cover their entire body... becoming like a walking one barrel Koenig.

I downloaded my free copy of RF online from their official website www.rf-onlinegame.com, it didn't say anything about it being a trial. So far I've not been asked to pay anything.

the free download is not on their website anymore. it keeps misdirectin' me back to the same page over and over. then, a link takes me to filefront but you have to be a payin' member to dl the game and get a serial number. but i found a free website to dl the client and patches.

so i then try to sign up for a rf account on their website but it keeps askin' me for a serial number. the sign up/account is handled by cog codemasters and i've been everywhere on their cog codemaster's website, the codemaster's website, rf online's website and filefront's website lookin' for the free 30 day trial serial. so i canceled my dl 'cause it makes no sense to dl it if i can't even get a free trial serial.

so my question is STILL why the f**k does rf online says free to play when it doesn't even exist?!? it either misdirects me to the same rf index page over and over or it takes me to a third party website that tells me that i have to BUY the game.

sorry but shiet like that only drives ppl away from the game. why the h*ll will i pay $15 for a subscription and serial for a game that i have never played? at least wow has a workin' free 15 day trial for their mmorpg so that i can see how the game's graphics look, if the game will work on my pc or not and if i like the game or not. my impression of rf online is that it is buggy like a motherf***er and that it isn't even worth playin'. if i can't even receive their free advertised game play serial then i can only imagine how terrible the actually game play is.

i expect the official game to have WORKED THE BUGS out of their system, website and game. private servers are expected to be buggy like a motherf***er and anybody who doesn't like the bugs should go play the official game.

Regards to download issues for DJ... check out this site as an alternative to download the client.: http://www.gamershell.com/download_21484.shtml

Here's the info I located in regards to the download page.: http://community.codemasters.com/forum/sho...ad.php?t=233142, I have tested out the link to filefront, and I had no problems starting the download for free.

Good luck.

the free download is not on their website anymore. it keeps misdirectin' me back to the same page over and over. then, a link takes me to filefront but you have to be a payin' member to dl the game and get a serial number. but i found a free website to dl the client and patches.

Sorry, I should have said their website gave me links for the downloads. When I click to download my free copy, they gave me a seial number and several links to get the download, like filefront, gamershell and bittorrent etc....... I used bittorrent since its quite a large file to download and I can't leave my PC on all day for it to finish.

Regards to download issues for DJ... check out this site as an alternative to download the client.: http://www.gamershell.com/download_21484.shtml

Here's the info I located in regards to the download page.: http://community.codemasters.com/forum/sho...ad.php?t=233142, I have tested out the link to filefront, and I had no problems starting the download for free.

Good luck.

Sorry, I should have said their website gave me links for the downloads. When I click to download my free copy, they gave me a seial number and several links to get the download, like filefront, gamershell and bittorrent etc....... I used bittorrent since its quite a large file to download and I can't leave my PC on all day for it to finish.

thanks. i've been through all the links and it's still the same thing, no matter what i do it doesn't offer any keys for the free play. i tried ff and ie and it's still the same thing.

1. clickin' on the "free to player" banner

rf01.jpg

just makes the page refresh instead of givin' me a key.

2. clickin' on the "need a rf key online key"

rf02.jpg

takes me back to

rf01.jpg

3. i can't complete registration/subscription

rf03.jpg

'cause i don't have a key (not sure if that is needed but i've tried every link.)

4. and clickin on or typin' in "rf-onlinegame.com/freetoplay.php"

rf04.jpg

just takes me back to

rf01.jpg

the most frustratin' experience tryin' to get my free key to play the game, dlin' the game is ez.

Edited by DJ Loe Kee

thanks. i've been through all the links and it's still the same thing, no matter what i do it doesn't offer any keys for the free play. i tried ff and ie and it's still the same thing.

I clicked on the free to play link and it takes me to a page were you type out a word to generate a key, on the same page there are several download links below. I'm not sure what might be wrong with your attempt, but maybe it has something to do with your browser settings?

Once I installed the game, the launcher has a registration option where it takes you to the create an account webpage at codemasters. It opens with internet explorer instead of firefox, even though firefox is my default browser.

Edited by kung flu

Try the link again.: http://www.rf-onlinegame.com/freetoplay.ph...tory=EnglishUSA, instead of clicking the link... copy the posted url and paste into the URL bar.

Yes, I did click the link in this forum, and it did bring me to the main page for RF Online, and went into this continual loop of click here to gain key/main page.

You may want to clear your browsers cache, if you are still recieving the same problems.

Edited by Dangaioh

I clicked on the free to play link and it takes me to a page were you type out a word to generate a key, on the same page there are several download links below. I'm not sure what might be wrong with your attempt, but maybe it has something to do with your browser settings?

Once I installed the game, the launcher has a registration option where it takes you to the create an account webpage at codemasters. It opens with internet explorer instead of firefox, even though firefox is my default browser.

Try the link again.: http://www.rf-onlinegame.com/freetoplay.ph...tory=EnglishUSA, instead of clicking the link... copy the posted url and paste into the URL bar.

Yes, I did click the link in this forum, and it did bring me to the main page for RF Online, and went into this continual loop of click here to gain key/main page.

You may want to clear your browsers cache, if you are still recieving the same problems.

thanks, i finally got my key.

thanks, i finally got my key.

Thats great, let us know what you think of the game. I only started playing it last week, still learning the ropes, since this is my first ever MMORPG, still not sure what I'm actually doing apart from levelling up by killing monsters. Theres something called a chip war, not sure how to take part either.

I played WoW from beta to March 07...can't deny the fun I had. End game stuff was fun but waaaaaaaaaaaay too time consuming imo.

Never played Guild Wars...I am however playing LoTRO and its allot of fun. Graphics are amazing and the professions are similar but not facsimiles of WoW. Give the 7 day free trial a whirl. I'm on Landroval server, look for Dundalis!

Thats great, let us know what you think of the game. I only started playing it last week, still learning the ropes, since this is my first ever MMORPG, still not sure what I'm actually doing apart from levelling up by killing monsters. Theres something called a chip war, not sure how to take part either.

ok, i've been busy torrentin' some music that costs like $70 used on ebay and amazon so i haven't had a chance to dl it yet or play any online games (my torrent client slows down my internet connection for anything else.) i'm dlin' it now.

Never played Guild Wars...I am however playing LoTRO and its allot of fun. Graphics are amazing and the professions are similar but not facsimiles of WoW. Give the 7 day free trial a whirl. I'm on Landroval server, look for Dundalis!

I've got a bunch of characters in LotRO also, but all on the Firefoot server. My main is "Elrias" for those that go to Firefoot.

What's nice is that there's very large updates every few months, all as part of the normal, free patching. I was around to play the Evendim region before deploying.

What's your main character's class? Mine is a Lv45 Elven Champion.

During chip war, go to the mines. RF is a grinding game, both level and skill.

I've got a bunch of characters in LotRO also, but all on the Firefoot server. My main is "Elrias" for those that go to Firefoot.

What's nice is that there's very large updates every few months, all as part of the normal, free patching. I was around to play the Evendim region before deploying.

What's your main character's class? Mine is a Lv45 Elven Champion.

Is the game really that fun, how would you compare it to WoW?

Dude, I thought you retired. Can't stay away from Azeroth?

My wife made me start playin again. I just moved to a new town and haven't found a "real" job yet so yeah... lol. Once I get a position tho, I'll probably stop again.

Locks just mage/hunter? Pff... locks own both. Your experience on a private server is probably verrrrry different than how things are done on a live one, especially if you get into the endgame content.

Dude bein bored playin solo? Why wait for the same 5 people to do quests with? PVP, meet some new folks... join a guild... maybe you just made the best choice in quitting if you couldn't get into it.

My wife made me start playin again. I just moved to a new town and haven't found a "real" job yet so yeah... lol. Once I get a position tho, I'll probably stop again.

Locks just mage/hunter? Pff... locks own both. Your experience on a private server is probably verrrrry different than how things are done on a live one, especially if you get into the endgame content.

Dude bein bored playin solo? Why wait for the same 5 people to do quests with? PVP, meet some new folks... join a guild... maybe you just made the best choice in quitting if you couldn't get into it.

i'm not exactly bored. i just didn't feel like farmin' for gear. i tried a raid but i got owned. farmin' for gear is borin' to me, i'd rather level a new toon. i'm supposed to create two new mages so that i can see if i like fire or ice better. my mage is arcane/fire/frost spec and yes i know my build suxs but i like my build and i refuse to change it (that's why i need to make 2 new separate mages that are arcane/fire and arcane/frost.) i just got tired of havin' noobs in the game and on the forum flame me all the time for my spec. my ignore list will only hold so many noobs.

i may start my own guild or switch to another gm's guild. i'm in the admin's guild and most of the ppl in that guild are in it 'cause it's the official admin/gm guild (i'm not a gm, i'm just a forum mod for the admin) and they are in it for "special priviledges" and things like that.. they also mainly pvp, they don't raid. i sux at pvp and i'd rather start a raid (kara is fun but it sure is hard.) but somedays i'll be broadcastin' in lfg chat tryin' to get a raid started for like a couple of hours. yea, ppl tell me to use my guild for raids but they don't raid like i said earlier.

so i just went back playin' my ps2 and to actually doin' my mod job (he has a wow forum and a music forum... and i mod the forum forum... and i hadn't logged into the music forum in weeks 'cause i was busy playin wow.)

i'm tempted to to make a lock. but i have 4 n.e.'s and 4 b.e.'s... so makin' a n.e. priest, a b.e. priest and a b.e. lock will throw off my even sided faction (another reason why i haven't made two new b.e. mages yet.) plus, i heard that lock's pets are still bugged on the private server, hunter pets are bugged too... but that is pretty much any private serer that you go to since they all use the same emulation software.

plus, goin' to retail and havin' all 8 of my toons (i refuse to give up any of my toons except for my n.e. warrior) would take away from free time that i need to use for makin' beats instead. so i am currently anti-blizzard/retail. it's either sell beats for money or pay blizzard to play games, not a hard choice to make right now.

Edited by DJ Loe Kee

Is the game really that fun, how would you compare it to WoW?

I've never played WoW but I have tried other MMOs, and I've been away for months.

But LotRO I have found to be fun in the 2-3 months I was able to play before going abroad. I still had a myriad of quests to do, gear to acquire, buddies to help out.... though I probably need to get help when I come back since my friends would probably be maxed out by now. There's a 7 day trial I believe, so you might want to give it a try just to see.

Hehe, Kara isn't hard. It's like UBRS 2.0. I don't even go there anymore.

ok, let me rephrase that. i'd rather do kara than black temple. i'd even rather do tempest keep the eye over black temple. i guess black temple lost its charm for me after i was in a raid with no healers (don't ask why, bt was the first raid i ever did, i was still noobish back then and i only joined the group, i didn't create the raid group), i died, i released my spirit, my spirit spawns in the mountains which has no path out, the spirit healer disappears and i had to make a ticket and wait for a gm to rez me (i no longer go to bt w/o a priest in the group. pallies don't count 'cause their quest for rez power is bugged and they only get the spell if they open a tix and wait for a gm to give it to them.) lol, the joys and pains of private servers, things that y'all playin' on the retail server NEVER have to worry about.

yes, a warlock is a mage and hunter hybrid.

mage = fights with spells

warlock = fights with spells

hunter = can tame pets and have them fight by their side

warlock = can summon demons (pets) and have them fight by their side

i'm am NOT callin' a warlock weak by callin' him a mage/hunter hybrid (they own my rogue all the time), i'm just callin' it how i see it.

so a warlock is a hybrid of a mage and hunter 'cause blizzard likes hybrids. they already have paladins (a priest and warrior hybrid), druids (a priest, warrior, mage and rogue hybrid) and a shaman (fill in the blank, shamans don't interest me but priest and warlocks do, i've already learned how to play every other class.)

so i'll say it a third time, a warlock is just a mage/hunter and i already have a mage toon and two hunter toons.

Karazhan is amusing, its become one of thoese runs where you try to see how many bosses you can drop in under a minute.

A group from my guild ran BWL on Christmas Eve, and cleared it in an hour. I found it amusing that a few players can roll in there now and put out as much DPS as an entire 40 man raid used to. I'm happy out being out of the game, but I wish I had been there for that run.

Yet, how many of those WoW accounts are secondary, tertiary or trial accounts?

I can use this board as an example, how many Yamato valkyries did Macrossworlders purchase? Over 1000? How many purchased 3, 4, 5, or 100? Are they 1/48, 1/60/ or 1/72?

MMO franchises will tout their highest subscription numbers, but may not readily release information that would contradict their standing... I know I won't, if I owned a successful MMO enterprise.

Let's get back into the topic... fun w/PvP... I would like to boast that I PvP'd against Heroes playing (City of Heroes/Villains), as a Villain and knocked the wind out of those boasting, tight spandex, cape floppers as a little squishy MasterMind with my 6 piece robot army (kinda helps when I have 3 additional temp monsters that I picked up during missions) and trick arrows (so gratifyingly funny to see heroes fall down w/an oxymoronic [i guess that includes me] weapon) as my secondary.

For WoW's numbers, I have no doubt some of those numbers are due to alternate accounts. Some people may have 2-3 accounts. I've known some to have even more. The thing is, this applies to all MMOs also. Back in SWG's good days, I had 2 accounts. My Sister had 2 accounts also. I had a good friend that had 4.

So, even with WoW's numbers being cut down by half or even down to 1/3, WoW still has an insane number of subscribers. It's the MMO that has "quadrupled-quadropled" even the biggest dreams of MMO developers ever since Ultima Online came out in the late 90s. It's not the MMO I favor to play, but its success cannot be denied. The only other MMO that I know that comes close is Guild Wars. They've got 5 million last I read about in several magazines a couple months ago, and it's still millions behind WoW.

Since Dangaioh brought up PvP, the last game I regularly did PvP with fervor was Star Wars Galaxies before it went to hell. I played as a loyal Imperial... an Imperial Stormtrooper :ph34r: I had the regularly seen armor as well as the Scout Trooper version as well, with the armorsmith making them and my replacement suits as close as possible to balanced defense values. When I PvP'ed, I went in looking Imperial. It was too bad I didn't find any Imperial "Trooper" guilds on the Ahazi server.

I always strove to maintain a uniform appearance as a Stormtrooper back then. Going so far as to use weapons used by the Empire during the movies. I just had to go around harder to get high end versions of the weapons I favored: E11 Mk.II Carbine, T-21 Hvy Blaster, Scout Blaster, etc... and some only becoming good at certain points of the game's history. Even while lounging around the cantina, I had the dress uniform standing by. Edit to add: regarding the armor again, I remember still using Stormtrooper Armor when it had "30% resists" and tons of vulnerabilities while everyone was running around in "90% resist" armor with 1 vulnerability in stun damage. I was very vulnerable back then. But I got alot of credit from Rebel PvPers for wearing something that screamed Star Wars. More than enough, especially after getting my butt whipped in PvP, I got /salutes from the Rebels :)

It was fun, for several reasons: Imperials, in a funny twist of Star Wars canon, were outnumbered by Rebel players. After all, everyone loves the Rebels, right? Not me. SWG was also one of the extremely rare Star Wars game where you can play as the Empire, much less a Stormtrooper. Plus, guys like me and the "Trooper" guilds helped immerse people into the Star Wars setting, especially the new players. Very few things scream Star Wars than seeing a bunch of guys in Stormtrooper / Scout Trooper armor patrolling the streets of Mos Eisley. The role players went even further to have others in on the act, like someone being inspected for and being caught with contraband, only to be taken away by the Empire.

Like I said, it was fun. Until they screwed the game over. Then everybody left.

Edited by Warmaker

For WoW's numbers, I have no doubt some of those numbers are due to alternate accounts. Some people may have 2-3 accounts. I've known some to have even more. The thing is, this applies to all MMOs also. Back in SWG's good days, I had 2 accounts. My Sister had 2 accounts also. I had a good friend that had 4.

Seriously, but why would one needs more than one account(for Wow)? We certainly know each account can have 10+ alt.

The only reason I could think of having 2 or more accounts is to play account A with your left hand and account B with your right hand. Maybe account C with left foot and account D with right foot. But seriously why multiple accounts??

Thanks for any answers ^_^

btw any Shadowpriest in MWF? Or is there anyone who only Pvp out there?

Seriously, but why would one needs more than one account(for Wow)? We certainly know each account can have 10+ alt.

The only reason I could think of having 2 or more accounts is to play account A with your left hand and account B with your right hand. Maybe account C with left foot and account D with right foot. But seriously why multiple accounts??

Thanks for any answers ^_^

btw any Shadowpriest in MWF? Or is there anyone who only Pvp out there?

The reason you see multiple accounts by MMO players are for several reasons, but they're predominantly based on how the game designers approach characters and how many you can have on a server per account.

I'll use old SWG as an example, since I've never played WoW. In the old days, SWG only allowed 1 character per server, per account. You could have tons of characters, but they'd be scattered on different servers. Most people were fine with that. Some however become very involved with the server their character is in. Most of their in-game friends or there, their favorite crafters are there, etc. That's where they're established: They've called that server's community "home." Some people want an alternate character for various reasons but they want it on that same server their main character is on, to keep the same contacts and all that. So some of us got an extra account. I was one of them, so I had 2 'toons on SWG's "Ahazi" server. A few more went further.

Most people I have felt were content with 1 acct. A character requires more than enough time to work on.

why do people multi-box on WoW? Various reasons.

Some people set up an alt just to stuff like enchant or sew or what not and use their main to feed the alt.

Other people, using clever scripts, will make their alt a support class, like a priest and have them follow their main around, constantly healing, casting buffs or debuffing. Or vice versa.