Hasagawa Macross Models!

VF-7000 THUNDERHAWK

Which VF mecha do you want made by Hasegawa?  

41 members have voted

1. 1. Which VF mecha would you buy?

• VF-4 Lightning III
    • VF-9 Cutlass
    • VF-11 Thunerbolt III
    • VF-14 Vampire
    • VF-17Nightmare
    • VF-5000 StarMirage
    • VA-3 Invader
    • VB-6 Konig Monster

I don't know if any of you can help me with this. I was wondering why Hasagawa does not make other Macross Variable Fighter model kits. I know they make the VF-0, VF-1, YF-19 and YF-21 model kits and at one time they released for a limited time the VF-19 and VF-22 from the Macross VF-X2 game. For me personally, I would like to see other VF models kits from this company.

I would like to see them release model kits on

VF-4 Lightning III

VF-9 Cutlass

VF-11 Thunderbolt III

VF-14 Vampire

VF-17 Nightmare

VF-5000 StarMirage

VA-3 Invader

VB-6 Konig Monster

It would be cool if they brought back the VF-19 and the VF-22 as well.

So what Macross VF model kits would you like Hasagawa to produce?

All comments are welcome on this topic!

I don't know if any of you can help me with this. I was wondering why Hasagawa does not make other Macross Variable Fighter model kits. I know they make the VF-0, VF-1, YF-19 and YF-21 model kits and at one time they released for a limited time the VF-19 and VF-22 from the Macross VF-X2 game. For me personally, I would like to see other VF models kits from this company.

I would like to see them release model kits on

VF-4 Lightning III

VF-9 Cutlass

VF-11 Thunderbolt III

VF-14 Vampire

VF-17 Nightmare

VF-5000 StarMirage

VA-3 Invader

VB-6 Konig Monster

It would be cool if they brought back the VF-19 and the VF-22 as well.

So what Macross VF model kits would you like Hasagawa to produce?

All comments are welcome on this topic!

I think only these 3 are possible for hasegawa to produce

VF-4 Lightning III

VF-11 Thunderbolt III

VF-17 Nightmare

I'd say that the VF-4, VF-11 or VF-17 (my vote) are the most likely to be produced by Hasegawa at some point, given that they are the most well known and liked of the poll choices.

The other choices listed in the poll are just too obscure or not popular enough for Hasegaw to bother with IMO.

However, the emphasis for the next few years will probably be on Macross Frontier kits.

Whether the Frontier kits will be produced by Hasegawa or Bandai is anybody's guess at the moment though.

Graham

Speaking of Hasegawa kits, does anyone know if their kit of VF-0s with reactive armour is any good? I'm tempted to buy it but I've also read that Hasegawa kits aren't the greatest quality or easiest to assemble. I've been building Bandai Gundam kits for so long that I'm afraid I'll be disappointed.

Anyone have any advice?

I can't imagine anyone putting in print that the latest Hase kits have poor quality. Maybe they were complaining about accuracy to the line-art...They're hard to put together if you're like 7 years old. Hasegawa is as good or better than Bandai. I like my reactive armor vf-0s. I've been building models for the past 30 years so I've built a kit from most every injection-molded manufacturer...yikes! I'm getting old.

Speaking of Hasegawa kits, does anyone know if their kit of VF-0s with reactive armour is any good? I'm tempted to buy it but I've also read that Hasegawa kits aren't the greatest quality or easiest to assemble. I've been building Bandai Gundam kits for so long that I'm afraid I'll be disappointed.

Anyone have any advice?

Edited by THOR

Excellent topic!!

My vote is for VF-17Nightmare.

That's because ie VF-4 and VF-11 was already made it for other companies. Hasegawas should be better, but the VF-17 simply doesn't exist.

Anyone have any advice?

Umm, Hasegawa kits are pretty well the top end of the quality scale for model makers.

The difference between the two makers models is the markets they intend to service. In some way its like comparing apples and oranges. Bandai may have good quality, but they aren't really "models." Gunplas more playable figures that you construct than anything else. They are designed to be easy to build; no glue or paints are needed to make a decent model, just some panel lining. Hasegawa models are different... you need paint, glue, and putty to make a good model. However a hasegawa is a better "model," they are unrivaled in their level of detail. You see all the panels that a real aircraft would have, which gunplas don't. Even if you compare a PG Gundam to a Hase VF-1. It might not have the posability or all the movable parts, but if built correctly, the Hase model will always beat a gunpla for detail and realism hands down.

You should take a look at this threads by WM Cheng if you want to see how hasegawa models are built and the difference between them and Bandai gunpla.

http://www.macrossworld.com/mwf/index.php?showtopic=5881

http://www.macrossworld.com/mwf/index.php?showtopic=7956

Umm, Hasegawa kits are pretty well the top end of the quality scale for model makers.

The difference between the two makers models is the markets they intend to service. In some way its like comparing apples and oranges. Bandai may have good quality, but they aren't really "models." Gunplas more playable figures that you construct than anything else. They are designed to be easy to build; no glue or paints are needed to make a decent model, just some panel lining. Hasegawa models are different... you need paint, glue, and putty to make a good model. However a hasegawa is a better "model," they are unrivaled in their level of detail. You see all the panels that a real aircraft would have, which gunplas don't. Even if you compare a PG Gundam to a Hase VF-1. It might not have the posability or all the movable parts, but if built correctly, the Hase model will always beat a gunpla for detail and realism hands down.

You should take a look at this threads by WM Cheng if you want to see how hasegawa models are built and the difference between them and Bandai gunpla.

AMEN! ;)

Yeah

Toys vs Models that age old war between good and bad, salt and vinegar etc

The Hase VF0 GBP kits sold like hot cakes. When I was in Japan the local shop to me got some in and they were sold out by the end of the day again, that was months after they were released so demand was still high.

Edited by big F

If it came down to it and all the VF mecha could not be modelled, I would like them to produce the VF-11 Thunderbolt III, VF-17 Nightmare and the VF-5000 StarMirage. The VF-1 Valkerie, VF-11 Thunderbolt and the VF-5000 StarMirage are my top three favorite VF mecha, they have alot resemblence to each other.

But the ultimate VF mecha is the VF-22 Sturmvogel II, but sadly Hasegawa doesn't make it anymore.

I'd say that the VF-4, VF-11 or VF-17 (my vote) are the most likely to be produced by Hasegawa at some point, given that they are the most well known and liked of the poll choices.

The other choices listed in the poll are just too obscure or not popular enough for Hasegaw to bother with IMO.

However, the emphasis for the next few years will probably be on Macross Frontier kits.

Whether the Frontier kits will be produced by Hasegawa or Bandai is anybody's guess at the moment though.

Graham

Maybe or maybe not, but it would be cool to see Hasegawa produce and sell all the different Variable Fighting mecha in the Macross Franchise. Some of us have are favorite VF mecha and others like me who like all the VF mechas would like to have a model of each one of the VF mechas in there collection.

Whats a VF-171 ?

:blink: Unbelievable! A Macross World member who still haven't seen the premiere episode of Macross F. It's the cannon fodder unit for the new Macross TV series.

This is your homework for today. Read, watch and leach, and then watch again. :lol:

http://macrossworld.com/mwf/index.php?showtopic=24559

http://www.macrossworld.com/macross/Macros...ross_F_Pics.htm

I voted for the VF-11 (any kind B,C,D, MAXL, whatever) It's the most versatile model of all.

Edited by TSP

:blink: Unbelievable! A Macross World member who still haven't seen the premiere episode of Macross F. It's the cannon fodder unit for the new Macross TV series.

This is your homework for today. Read, watch and leach, and then watch again. :lol:

http://macrossworld.com/mwf/index.php?showtopic=24559

http://www.macrossworld.com/macross/Macros...ross_F_Pics.htm

I voted for the VF-11 (any kind B,C,D, MAXL, whatever) It's the most versatile model of all.

Thanks for answering the question from my last post. :wacko: Yes, I'm aware of Macross Frontier and I have seen Episode-1.

I've seen the VF-17 Nightmares in the episode and I just didn't realize the VF-171's was a squadron of VF=17's.

I Agree with you there! The VF-11's are one of the most versatile Variable Fighters in Macross history. In the hands of a Veteran combat pilot it still can be a deadly weapon to encounter. I never get tired of seeing all VF-11 versions as well (A thru MAXL) :D

THanks for all your replies on taht topic. I guess I'm an advid model kit builder but I'm not a very good painter hence i always try to opt for the kits that require the least amount of paint or no paint to look good. That's why Gunpla is more me, isn't totally accurate but at least there is enough paint and with some black-line marker it can look really good. I've never built a Hasegawa kit before so i had no idea how much pre-paint it had etc.