Best Macross 7 toys to buy?

rewooh

Buy the two that are on sale now at HLJ, IMO. The VF-17S and VF-19 Fire Valk both have pretty good detail. These "reissues" have the details painted on and are selling for very cheap right now by comparison. At least a 17 if you don't have one. The originals are kind of hard to find, and can go for 80 or so from what I've seen, especailly the VF-19S Blazer, if not more, since that one unfortunately didn't get reissued.

Buy the two that are on sale now at HLJ, IMO. The VF-17S and VF-19 Fire Valk both have pretty good detail. These "reissues" have the details painted on and are selling for very cheap right now by comparison. At least a 17 if you don't have one. The originals are kind of hard to find, and can go for 80 or so from what I've seen, especailly the VF-19S Blazer, if not more, since that one unfortunately didn't get reissued.

how many dollars does 3400 yen convert into?

Here are the links:

$30.80 US each + shipping.

VF-19 Fire Valk

VF-17S

These 50% off sales generally don't last too long, so act soon if you want one.

Edited by Anubis

so it wouldn't matter which one i get?

they're just the same?

I'm pretty sure they're exactly like the original Fire and 17S, except for the packaging and the painted on stuff Anubis mentioned.

Right, they are the same just where the originals had stickers the newer ones have the details painted on. The 17 has intake stickers to put on but that's it.

'

I definately recommend the VF-17 at least. The 19 maybe if you need a holdover until the new Yamato YF-19's come, or you like the red scheme.

Ooooooooh-K.......

I know it's not a Macross 7 toy, but I'd recommend buying a YF-21 FP. You could always customize it into VF-22, or pretend it is one.....

Hi people... just curious to know whether is there any difference between the vf-17s in fighter mode and the one in battroid mode??? Both are manufactued by bandai but the pricing seems to be quite different.

Are you referring to the small scale models? The really cheap ones (1/14 I guess) come with a Battroid and a fighter, non-transforming of course (VF-11, 17,etc.) Then there are the 1/100 scale models of the VF-19S and VF-19 Fire Valk, transformable. Then, there are the 1/65 transformable toys of the 17S and 19 Fire Valk, which is what we are talking about.

Hi people... just curious to know whether is there any difference between the vf-17s in fighter mode and the one in battroid mode??? Both are manufactued by bandai but the pricing seems to be quite different.

The one in battroid mode in the packaging is (edit:) either a bootleg or the original release by Bandai. The fighter mode ones are the reissues. Read above for the slight differences between the original and reissues.

Read this thread for differences between the originals and bootlegs:

http://www.macrossworld.com/mwf/index.php?...=ST&f=12&t=2430

Edited by tom64ss

Wow, once again, Agent ONE manages to make some sort of horrifically offensive comment. Hooray for him.

Huh? :blink:

I assume this is in the wrong topic.

Anyway....yeah, what tom said. The VF-17S/D, Fire and Blazer were originally released in generic boxes in battroid but only the VF-17S and Fire were re-issued in Fighter mode packaging. Of course I probably just regurgitated what was in tom's link but on well. I'm too lazy to click on links....but obviously not too lazy to type this out. Go figure. :blink:

Wow, once again, Agent ONE manages to make some sort of horrifically offensive comment. Hooray for him.

Huh? :blink:

McBride forgets... if he plays nice I will let him feel my muscles at the next con. :lol:

In case you're tempted by bootlegs, you should chose carefully. I have the red shouldered valkyrie, the better bootleg with grey shoulders and the Bandai. (It's my own varied Emerald Force. :D ) The bootleg with grey shoulders is pretty good but the Bandai is still the best. All around I think it's worth getting the original unless you're low of funds.