Favorite Valk

drkstar00

VF-1S Joke-Machine (or Matchbox version). It was the only fully transformable perfect-change valk I was able to get as a child. With the transformation, solid construction, great articulation, rotating cockpit and full set of Fastpacks, I overlooked the chubbiness of it and loved the crap out of it. After it was broken by nephews and then lost I never saw another one until I obtained one through Macrossworld several years ago (thanks again usagiz!) and all of the love returned. It may not be the 'best' Valk toy out there, but it sure is my favorite.

Edited by eriku

Jetfire! I got one when it first came out, when I was 7-8 years old, and was amazed how awesome it was compared to the other TFers toys. Eventually my mother started renting the "Robotech" tapes from the local supermarket and here I was as a kid trying to understand why this other company was using the same exact design as the character I knew as "Skyfire"! :lol:

We used to keep all of my toys on our back porch, which was screened in. Back then I guess most didn't care about resell value or collectibility. Anyway, somone must have snuck onto our porch and stole my Jetfire one day! I had loads of He-Man/Gi-Joe/Transformers/Go-Bots/WWF stuff out there but someone obviously went for and only took Jetfire. This bugs me to this day as it must have been someone I was friends with who knew I had it. Apparently I wasn't the only one who loved that toy! They even went through all of my stuff and took the parts that came with it!

I'm definitely planning to buy another one eventually ... someday. :(

Would probably be my brothers Jetfire. It was the first Macross toy we ever had as kids even when I was 12 back in 1984 Id worked out that Macross and robotech were the same thing and that maybe Transformers had stolen the design. I`d based that on the fact that most of the TF`s didnt loock much like the cartoon characters anyway.

I now have an even older Jetfire and its minty white compared to the original one but I love them both.

The other one would be my First Yamato which is the Hikaru DYRL 1J. Which I bought on my first trip to Japan so it has lots of memories attached to it.

Edited by big F

I started properly collecting in my mid twenties, as anything i had of Macross when i was a kid was lame

(thought it was lame, and tried to mod it to look better), so i don't have fond memories. Only had a few Macross stuffs.

The best thing about growing up as a kid in love with Macross was renting the VHS's and watching them over the weekend

and after school. Seeing Macross for the first time as a kid whislt on a family holiday on a tv channel i couldn't get

from where i lived is my fondest memory, no toy at that time could ever beat that. A Jetfire might have though..

BUT! when i started to seriously collect after looking at RT.com's shop with their nicey looking Super'd VF-1 MPC line,

I got the itch. But luckily i ventured deeper and checked on Ebay, and finally my first time visiting MW here,

I made the right choice and went Yamato from the start. First Valk was the VT-1 1/60, my favorite Valk from all

the Macross series and OVA's & movies, but The real fun came with my first 1/48 VF-1S Hikaru. Good times.

The YF-21 will fix all that when she comes. Fav valk......

Edited by ruskiiVFaussie

I didn’t know what Macross was until a few months ago when I joined here. I was only familiar with Robitek. I’m glad I found this forum!

I remember RT from when I was a kid, but even after watching the real “Macross” over the past few weeks I can say I must not have seen too many of the first generation episodes. I remember the mecha (I had a Jetfire too), but I don’t remember 90% of the episodes. I remember watching the stupid Hovertanks and not understanding how that part of the series fit in. My favorite stuff was the “New Generation” stuff, or as it should be called, Genesis Climber Mospedia (I just got the DVD of this yesterday). I was an absolute nut for those episodes, so of course the toy that sticks with me the most would be the Cyclone. I remember there was a crappy second rate department store that was in the crappy second rate mall that had the Gakken Cyclones on the shelf. I had been to every toy store I could get my Mom to take me too and I never, ever saw any RT stuff, let alone a Asian market toy. For some reason I remember that the Cyclone was $36, which was a bit of change for a 7-8th grader. It’s a good thing I had a paper route! I think I had three or four Cyclones. It’s too bad I didn’t keep any.

Strangely enough though I can thank the Cyclone for getting me into Macross. For some reason this past summer I remembered that I had one as a kid and I jumped on eBay and searched one out and bought it. And that is all she wrote! I stumbled across the Toynami Mastercrap stuff and in a flurry of insanity I bid/bought all of them one weekend while I was at the track. While doing great harm to my Paypal account I stumbled across the Yamato YF-19 and picked one of those up too. When I got back into town the Toynami MP Foker was already at my house so I unboxed it and transformed it. At the time I thought it was great. Then the YF-19 showed up a few days later along with the rest of the MP stuff. I unboxed the 19 before un-boxing any more MP stuff and I am glad I did, the 19 blew me away. And there I went, I listed all of the MP stuff I had just purchased right back on eBay and went on a Yamato spending spree. Somehow I found this board shortly after.

Long story short, the Gakken Cyclone is the toy I remember. And I can thank it for getting me into Macross stuff now.

I know, it's not a Valk, but it's a good story B))

Edited by sqidd

1/60 YF-19. I wanted that baby even since '95, when Macross Plus came out in the US. I already had a Joons 1/55 VF-1J Hikaru type. But, I waited 13 years to get that valkyrie, and I just can't stop looking at it. :D I had gone out and bought the Bandai 1/65 Fire Valkyrie, because I was desperate. Then passed up the 1/72 YF-19 because I thought it could be done better, especially after the 1/60 VF-1, then they did the 1/48 VF-1. I waited patiently.

Having the YF-19 is just so satisfying.

Now for a 1/60 VF-11, and the certain 1/60 YF-21... :D

1/60 YF-19. I wanted that baby even since '95, when Macross Plus came out in the US. I already had a Joons 1/55 VF-1J Hikaru type. But, I waited 13 years to get that valkyrie, and I just can't stop looking at it. :D I had gone out and bought the Bandai 1/65 Fire Valkyrie, because I was desperate.

This account is remarkably like my own. My first Macross Valkyrie was a second-hand Jetfire (minus the armor) I got at a local comic book convention. On a trip to California in 1997, I purchased a Joon's Millia type VF-1J in "Korea Town" and paid somewhere in the neighborhood of $100 U.S. for a Bandai "Blazer Valkyrie" at the "Promenade" in Santa Monica, California. I also picked up a couple of green Joon's Valkyries on the same trip. Like Sumdumgai, I was desperate and bought up what I could afford at the time.

it would have to be a jetfire as well. Even though I knew about Macross my folks weren't well off and couldn't affored the pricier Bandai valks. So when I saw that jetfire was a repaint, I bugged my parents endlessly to get it for me. I got it as a birthday present and I loved the thing. I would fly it around the house doing barrell rolls and waging war against my other robot toys.

Eventually I played with it to death. The clips on the arm armor broke off, the rear tail fins snapped off and the whole thing yellowed from being left out in the sun too long. I still loved it though, and left it on my bookshelf, when I went away to university my parents threw it out, thinking it was trash.

That ended up being the primary motivation for me to buy my first yamato valk, as a way for me to regain a lost part of my childhood. Maybe one day I'll pony up the money and get a proper replacement for my Jetfire, but then again, sentimentality only goes so far for me.