Has anyone actually ever completed a Nichimo 1/200 scale model kit?

drkstar00

Sure! I've built a VF-1S fighter & an armored VF-1J. Quick builds with minimal articulation & detail but lots of fun! They look great with paint & decals. I think the Engrish was "sucker play and all that" :lol: referring to the capsule & suction cup display.

I gave the VF-1J to a friend but I'll try to dig up the VF-1S fighter to post. It'd still be neat to build up a chess set with these. :)

Here's a Defender...

HEAVILY modded VF-1S Super... (You can see a bunch of other Nichimos in the background...

Super CannonFodder

Glaug

Spartan with missile doors opened up by me

Please note that these paint-schemes are ANCIENT and really really bad, but they do prove that I once finished some of these...

Just to prove I'm not still as bad as I was back then, here's my last two completed models...

Tomahawk

Tiger I

Edited by promethuem5

hehehe...good stuff Promethuem5, hehe, those Nichimo seem like a seam line nightmare, uggg

hey! I really like your heavily weathered YF-19, I was looking at it the other day...good talent man! what other macross goodies you got there?

Edited by Valkyrie addict

this is the only surviving picture of about a year after they re-released..it's been a long time since then..they have been either sold out or destroyed by now...I do have a few still intact in their boxes tho..

the "big" 1/200 MKII is included

post-104-1192548415_thumb.gif

Nice stuff, promethuem5 & 007-vf1! Here's my VF-1S fighter, also painted long ago. They're quick kits that are fun though I'd recommend something bigger if one were to practice building & painting. I'd _like_ to believe that my modelling skill have improved since then... :) Sorry for the blurry shots - it's tough focusing on a 3 inch model.

post-1887-1192595596_thumb.jpgpost-1887-1192595617_thumb.jpg

post-1887-1192595656_thumb.jpgpost-1887-1192595639_thumb.jpg

post-1887-1192595673_thumb.jpg post-1887-1192595689_thumb.jpg

I'll be building a ton myself. I bought the whole collection and have about another 30-40 or so various kits for the Daedalus build. Personally I love the 1/200 scale kits. They were the smallest scale Macross mecha I could find and the detail is great for their size and period of production (the newer molds kick butt over the older sulpts). I just don't like the VF's in fighter mode. I'll be redoing an accurate nose section and other mods when I get to that point. Some of the 1/170 fast packs can be substituted too. - MT

" I just don't like the VF's in fighter mode. I'll be redoing an accurate nose section and other mods when I get to that point."- MT

haa..I was just looking at the Nichinos section this afternoon. I thought the same thing about the nose.

I WOnder if they did the box art first, then sculpted the nose, all Jetfire???

We need to update model section big time..

Great stuff guys! Although not perfect, the detail on the 1/200 Nichimo's blows away the 1/170 Arii/Bandai/Revell kits. Those are pretty much just a bunch of junk IMHO.

The 1/144 kits really have some nice detail, especially the fighter kits. They can go along with a growing number of mainstream kits as well. They're good for diorama's and such since they take up little space. They are a bit harder to find though.

Edited by jardann

• 2 weeks later...
Here's a Defender...

HEAVILY modded VF-1S Super... (You can see a bunch of other Nichimos in the background...

Super CannonFodder

Glaug

Spartan with missile doors opened up by me

Please note that these paint-schemes are ANCIENT and really really bad, but they do prove that I once finished some of these...

Just to prove I'm not still as bad as I was back then, here's my last two completed models...

Tomahawk

Tiger I

That Tiger of yours looks the business! What a great job! Are the damaged skirts made of thin brass plate?

I bought a ton of these things. Probably around 60-80 of the 2 per boxes of them. I had a bunch of motivation back then, and time. Unfortunately I only built a handful - a spartan, a couple VF-1S and a VF-1A with a standard regult pod. The only thing I have pictures of, and the picture quality is pretty crappy, is the 1A and Regult pod. Aside from some heavy seamline filling, is the filling of the assembly screw head ocunterbores.

I liked the scale for the completeness of the line, the price of the kits and the fair detail on them.

post-3041-1193674581_thumb.jpgpost-3041-1193674589_thumb.jpgpost-3041-1193674597_thumb.jpg

Looks great. The flash made them look lit up in the lenses. If you want to get rid of a bunch of those kits, let me know. I know of a good home for them. B)) - MT

Thanks. The lighting wasn't from the flash, it 's from LEDs I used for the sensor "eye" in the regult and the VF, and I ran optical fibers for the other lights on the top of the pod, and top of the feet on the regult, and the lights in the arms, shoulders and legs on the VF. Unfortunately, the only way the lighting shows up is in the blurry pics whereas in person it looks much better.

The lighting wasn't from the flash, it 's from LEDs I used for the sensor "eye" in the regult and the VF...

Those lights look great!!

This diorama reminds me of a question that I've had for some time. Is there a scale comparison chart of the VF vs. a Zentraedi soldier vs. a Regult pod? I am always surprised when I see the size of the pod next to the valkyrie. These models seem to be to scale according to reference (battroid: 12.68m, pod: 15.12m), but I can't see how the Zentraedi can fit inside that thing unless he is much shorter than I imagined...

• 2 weeks later...

I love love love this kit line!

Well, actually this kit line does have some problems... Basically I started collecting them in 2004 because they were being reissued, because they were in-scale with my Destroid Monster, and because I like small kits... These kits mostly seem like scaled-down counterparts of the 1:100 scale ARII and IMAI kits, as far as I can tell... Those kits had some problems to begin with, and the Nichimo versions add simplified detailing (hands, head) and screw-holes to the mix...

I think the Destroids and Zentradi machines are the best out of the line... And the Super Battroids are pretty good, but the gerwalks aren't so hot IMO...

But, yeah, I built two of these things and did extensive work on a third. (Haven't finished it yet) I only have photos of my Regult on-line...

Regult

Before and After...

...With artifact of Protoculture...

I also built a Super Battroid VF-1J... With both models I had some decals printed so I wouldn't be using the crappy stickers that come with the re-issues...

Back when the "Cyber Model Comp" was still on-line, there was a nice buildup of the Nichimo Armored Battroid - the modeler opened all the missile hatches and mounted missiles inside. Good stuff...

That looks great man! Especially for the scale. If you haven't seen this yet (in another older post), check this guys stuff out: http://www.geocities.jp/sidenet_note/sidem...dematerial.html . Awesome Macross models in there (serious 1/200 mods). - MT

I found a pic ^^

I did them ages ago :huh:

I made them in commision for a friend.

He plays Battletech and need something to show off :lol:

or whatever... The paint sheme is similar to his Army...

and as a gimmick, I add some fluorescent colour

but I forgot where <_<

dsc00246qf2.th.jpg

on the pic u can see, they are not finish at that moment!!!