Finally got my Macross Display Cabinet lit up!

ruskiiVFaussie

Sorry didn't look there, hehe, thanks!

UK only....? I guess will have to check ebay? Maybe some local electronic store might have these...

Anyhow is the 3M adhesive strong enough, I don't want it to fall on my models ;)

And where did you guys order the SDF-1 from anyways?

Here's a non European site selling them.

The LEDs stick just fine. They won't come off by themselves.

ive used both.

both are great and both suck. Sal is good if you have no money to spare and you dont mind waiting atleast a month for your toys to show up.

EMS is great if you want your toys in 5 days, but its also like $50 extra bucks.

EMS rates from HLJ.com are outrageous.

I know, doubled the actual cost! I am not seeing the SDF-1 there now on HLJ.... any other good online stores. Ebay has them but.... by the way is it a model kit or Die-Cast?

Damn, that ED-209... lol

Looking great Dante!!!!!!! Absolutely love the SDF-1 pics, can't wait for mine to show up!

Oi, only problem with these Dot-It lights is that when i need to change my display i keep needing to remove them

and placing them where they are needed to highlight, and i found with one of my lights the sticker is slightly wearing off,

and twice i came home to find it clobbering my poor Asuka Eva-02 trying to fight off the Eva-05's. :p

As if she had enough trouble. hahah

Is there a way we can get some of this sticky stuff and re-coat it? I have absolutely no idea. : /

I should have some more pics soon, my revy 1S came along and i want to illuminate some more poses. :D

Edited by ruskiiVFaussie

Hey Dante, anyway we can get a "whole" display photo? I want to see what your cabinet looks like as a whole with that lighting. That ED-209 looks like it's straight out of the movie. Seriously awesome. ohh an how many Dot-It's did you grab?

I have a total of 7, i may grab one more..

Edited by ruskiiVFaussie

I'll post some pics of the display cases when I get home tonight. I got 5 Dot-Its. One for each displaycase and two to move around to where I want/need them. I expect I'll need another display case early next year so I'll probably grab a couple more Dot-Its then.

My cabinet is mirrored on all levels (3) at the back and sides (bar the glass door, and the rest is glass) and that makes it alot more illuminated inside. That's why yours is alot more subdued, which is special in it's own right. :D

Edited by ruskiiVFaussie

Dante74,

WOW.......WOW........WOW.......I REALLY like the ED-209 and that is one bad a** Guyver you have in the back on the top shelf. BTW....Where did you get display cabinets like that? Those are NICE!!!

:ph34r:

Thanks guys! ^_^

@misterryno; The display cabinets are cheap as hell Detolf's found at your local Ikea. B))

@ruskiiVFaussie; Notice the difference in size between the SV-51 and the 1/60 VF-1's below it. That thing truly is gigantic.

When it's released, I plan to suspend the YF-21 above the YF-19 so it'll look like they're in some sort of dogfight.

Nora's SV-51 will need to somehow share a shelf with Shin's VF-0A, and the movie version of the SDF-1 will go next to the old Wave SDF-1. I also pre-ordered the Proto Garland but I haven't figured out where to put it yet... and no, I'm not giving it a home at any of your displays. :p

I love the ED-209 but it barely fits into the Detolfs. I think it would look a lot better if it had a little more room around it.

I know! I want one sooooo bad! I so totally can not afford it though and have to save up for Nora who I have on preorder along with other stuff from HLJ. I need to do some more freelance work on the side. Better than selling organs and limbs (or so I have read).