Drone

Mr March

Here's a link to a little entry on the MAHQ, an entry I'm curious about:

Zentradi Drone from DYRL

I was going to ask Chris about this, but I figure I can get an answer here as well. What is this craft and where does it appear in the movie? I'm going to have to look through my Gold Book when I finish work today, but I don't think I've seen it inside that book. Anyone know?

Here's a link to a little entry on the MAHQ, an entry I'm curious about:

Zentradi Drone from DYRL

I was going to ask Chris about this, but I figure I can get an answer here as well. What is this craft and where does it appear in the movie? I'm going to have to look through my Gold Book when I finish work today, but I don't think I've seen it inside that book. Anyone know?

I think it's actually from the DYRL? Game.

Ah, that explains it. Don't happen to have any high resolution line art of it do ya? Thanks bris

No unfortunately not, it's one of the books I've been looking for.

That'd be great if you could get it.

Actually, I've opened quite a few of my books really far to get these pictures scanned. I won't damage anything to the point were it falls apart, but my poor Macross Perfect Memory took a little spine beating on the Destroid Monster page. I'm never going to resell the book so I figure a few sacrifices are worth it to make this website possible. Though I don't expect anyone else to do the same :)

Worst story: the full decal Queadluun-Rau from Macross Perfect Memory. The beautiful front view drawing with all the Zentradi graffiti on the hull is spread right across two pages. I've only told one other person until now, but I actually painstakingly reconstructed the scans into the drawing you see on the M3. It took a full day to rebuild. No one has said anything, so I guess I did a REALLY good job :)

Thankfully, very few pieces of line art required reconstruction. Typically if something was split across the page, I used another book to obtain a flawless version. In some rare cases, it just wasn't possible. The fully detailed Queadluun-Rau (with graffiti) didn't appear in any other book I have. I mean, I HAD to have that line art :)

The following is a list of the major line art reconstructions on the M3:

Atlita

ARMD (TV Version)

Queadluun-Rau

Quel-Quallie Theatre Scout

There were also a number of minor line art reconstructions. Some involved nothing more than deleting a few lines or fixing scanning errors. Others maybe require a head swap or other minor fix. Notables include:

VF-1A Battroid (TV Version)

VF-1A Battroid (Film Version)

VF-1D GERWALK

VF-1S Fighter

VF-1S Battroid (Film Version)

VF-0A

ARMD (Film Version)

Lastly, as most are probably aware, there are several out right fan creations. These are pieces of line art where I had to draw modifications myself or combine features from different pictures. Why? Because the line art simply does not exist. These are:

VF-1J Target Battroid

YF-21 FAST Pack Battroid FRONT VIEW

YF-21 Fold Booster

VF-11 Unmanned Target Fighter

VF-17T Nightmare "Trainer"

:)

Edited by Mr March

That'd be great if you could get it.

Actually, I've opened quite a few of my books really far to get these pictures scanned. I won't damage anything to the point were it falls apart, but my poor Macross Perfect Memory took a little spine beating on the Destroid Monster page. I'm never going to resell the book so I figure a few sacrifices are worth it to make this website possible. Though I don't expect anyone else to do the same :)

There was a guy on alt.fan.bgcrisis back in the day (probably late 90's) who sliced the spine off his Bubblegum Crisis B-Club Special and scanned each page in at high res for distribution on CD. Never under estimate what people will do. :blink:

Anyways, I'm pretty sure I have that picture in my Saturn DYRL book so let me know if you need it scanned.

Well, it's not like we can take the books with us when we die. I mean ultimately, what am I gonna care in another 30-40 years? :) Still, I can't bring myself to destroy such a rare art book from one of my beloved franchises. But a little spine damage I can live with if it makes the M3 possible.

The thought had occurred to me to buy a bootleg copy of Macross Perfect Memory and completely dismantle it. But I can't justify buying bootlegs, even to destroy them. The M3 would forever be in debt to organized crime, however minor a crime it may be. I couldn't do that.

If you've got the picture, the time and a high resolution capable scanner, please submit the drone picture. I haven't received anything yet.

Well, it's not like we can take the books with us when we die. I mean ultimately, what am I gonna care in another 30-40 years? :) Still, I can't bring myself to destroy such a rare art book from one of my beloved franchises. But a little spine damage I can live with if it makes the M3 possible.

The thought had occurred to me to buy a bootleg copy of Macross Perfect Memory and completely dismantle it. But I can't justify buying bootlegs, even to destroy them. The M3 would forever be in debt to organized crime, however minor a crime it may be. I couldn't do that.

If you've got the picture, the time and a high resolution capable scanner, please submit the drone picture. I haven't received anything yet.

Well take some comfort in the fact that MPM has long since been out of print and BW isn't making a dime off it anymore, as with all of the publishers of vintage anime books.

Only the resellers and auction sellers are making any money on these out of print books.

Unless they are current publications like SK's newest mecha works books, then no one is really being harmed, except the reseller.

If they republished these books, that would be different, but clearly the domestic market is no longer interested, so no re-issues.

Hell even the Mac Zero books were abandoned before going to print. :angry:

Sorry about not getting back to you sooner MM, but there was a family emergency this weekend.

Anyways here's a jpg of what I scanned. As usual, all the good images are somewhat close to the spine. If you can somehow work out the distortions in Photoshop I'll gladly send you the uncompressed tiffs (unless yellowlightman has already done so). Or if you just want them anyways as is, that's cool. :)

post-221-1189035525_thumb.jpg

Guess I'll have to fix that....originally, the DYRL movie and video game listings were combined into one section when Burke Rukes was making a Macross section for the Mecha Domain. I separated the game into its own section a long time ago, but I guess I missed that drone (it's also been a long time since I've watched DYRL).

Sorry about not getting back to you sooner MM, but there was a family emergency this weekend.

Anyways here's a jpg of what I scanned. As usual, all the good images are somewhat close to the spine. If you can somehow work out the distortions in Photoshop I'll gladly send you the uncompressed tiffs (unless yellowlightman has already done so). Or if you just want them anyways as is, that's cool. :)

I appreciate the effort, but that's way too small for me to use. Thanks anyway. I hope all is well with your family!