Lego Destroid Tomahawk Instructions, COMPLETE

Fokkers Fate

Hey guys,

Just letting everyone know after 4 weeks of work,and God knows how many hours using CAD software and photoshop..... my CUSTOM Lego Tomahawk instructions are completed, and now available. The instruction manual is a 60 page long PDF, has over 100 steps, and the model contains 663 pieces. Finished model stands about 12" tall. Here is the cover page for the manual.

87855096de9.th.jpg

Here is page 1 of the instructions.

67579925dh9.th.jpg

Here is my ad on brickshelf.

66666601ji7.th.jpg

Sorry if I should have posted this elsewhere...but Lego is a toy I guess. :)

Thanks for the great feedback....yes, it takes quite a few TAN slope bricks to build....and Bricklink.com is the place to get them! The shoulder torso missle bays both open....and it has "missile" bricks in each side. Cockpit opens, with removable chair for pilot....rear hatch to access. Legs have multiple hinges in the knees and feet, and ball sockets to attach to the center torso for leg rotation.......I tried to capture all the freatures on this mech that make it a TOMAHAWK. B))

Thanks for the kind words...anyone interested in purchasing a CD with the 60 page PDF, parts list, and photo stills can email me at kevblee@hotmail.com

thanks again!

WOW!!! Very nice. Is this your first shot at something like this or do you have other instruction sets available? Very professional looking. Is it ok to ask how much publically or is that what the email address is for? Also I'm curious what a full set of all the pieces would cost at BrickLink. Has anyone figured that out? Do you have plans on doing any of the other Destroids?

Carl

This is my first Destroid. I will eventually do more. I have done two transformable Valkyries as well. The VF-1S and VF-1J. You can email me at kevblee@hotmail.com if you are interested in purchasing a set. Cost is $12.76 if you live in the lower 48 US states. Response has been very postive so far.....very COOL!

Yes, they do look professional as the time I take to do them is enormous! The idea of people being able to build what I created is really gratifying.

I have just really started to unlock the CAD software and its potential on building Lego Instructions. So far, I have 2 manuals for sale. A classic Battlestar Galactica VIPER and the Macross Destroid. The viper takes 300+ parts to build....the Destroid is 663. I am not sure how much buying all the individual pieces would run......I have a lot of Lego Star Wars sets....and a lot of my parts come from those sets. The cool thing with Bricklink.com is ...you can buy as much or as little as you feel like at the time....especially is cost is a consideration. It took me several weeks to design and build the destroid from scratch......and to obtain the parts I needed to do so. This is really the 2nd version that made the cut for the manual.

I am currently designing the Queen's Royal Starship from Star Wars Episode 1 in CAD......Big sucker! I have also recently completed a large Train Station....and am now beginning to build the instruction manual for that.

Thanks again for the great response guys!

This is my first Destroid. I will eventually do more. I have done two transformable Valkyries as well. The VF-1S and VF-1J. You can email me at kevblee@hotmail.com if you are interested in purchasing a set. Cost is $12.76 if you live in the lower 48 US states. Response has been very postive so far.....very COOL!

Yes, they do look professional as the time I take to do them is enormous! The idea of people being able to build what I created is really gratifying.

I have just really started to unlock the CAD software and its potential on building Lego Instructions. So far, I have 2 manuals for sale. A classic Battlestar Galactica VIPER and the Macross Destroid. The viper takes 300+ parts to build....the Destroid is 663. I am not sure how much buying all the individual pieces would run......I have a lot of Lego Star Wars sets....and a lot of my parts come from those sets. The cool thing with Bricklink.com is ...you can buy as much or as little as you feel like at the time....especially is cost is a consideration. It took me several weeks to design and build the destroid from scratch......and to obtain the parts I needed to do so. This is really the 2nd version that made the cut for the manual.

I am currently designing the Queen's Royal Starship from Star Wars Episode 1 in CAD......Big sucker! I have also recently completed a large Train Station....and am now beginning to build the instruction manual for that.

Thanks again for the great response guys!

WOW!!! Do you have a website? I'd love to see some of your other builds, even the non-macross ones.

And I just had what I think is a great idea for a website. Maybe Brinklink does this already, I'm not sure as I'm not too familiar with that website. But I think someone should set up a website for lego set designers were they could submit a parts list and the site could offer all those parts as a package. That way cool8or and others who provide this great service could get more exposure for their great designs and those who buy their plans can easily get the parts needed in one simple package and quicky know how much it would cost. Is there something like this out there already? If not there should be.

Thank You,

Carl