Bandai's part of the Nintendo family now

MjrMisaHayase

Not sure if the new Macross-Game will be ported to the gamecube and release here in the States, tho.

I'd be hella pissed if they brought the Macross game here only for GC...

Yeah, like I like trying to get ahold of a PS2 for a Macross game... <_<

If anything, it would be a great partnership - if Bandai would push their non-Gundam titles on Nintendo, then Nintendo would definetly give them the attention they deserve. :)

Well, they only bought about 2.5% of the company, not like it's a takeover or anything. I think if anything Nintendo is just trying to buy some support from Bandai, some SRW or other licensed games certainly wouldn't hurt the Gamecube...

And I'd prefer if the Macross game was released on the GC, smoother graphics faster loading times and a whole helluva lot easier to import. But it's pretty unlikely.

Well, they only bought about 2.5% of the company, not like it's a takeover or anything. I think if anything Nintendo is just trying to buy some support from Bandai, some SRW or other licensed games certainly wouldn't hurt the Gamecube...

And I'd prefer if the Macross game was released on the GC, smoother graphics faster loading times and a whole helluva lot easier to import. But it's pretty unlikely.

In an ideal world, the Macross game would get a US release for the PS2.

That said, a US Cube release would be the next best thing. Failing that, a Japanese Cube port beats importing for the PS2, because to import for the Cube all you gotta do is get the game, and either get a Freeloader or an Action Replay (Freeloader is part of the AR software), load that, swap discs, and play away.

Well, they only bought about 2.5% of the company, not like it's a takeover or anything.

Yes, but then the japanese tabloids said it was the first step of a merger, and the more gullible news outlets started reporting this as fact.

But I believe it was phrased more as "Nintendo buys Bandai stock! First Stage of Merger!?" as that fits the tabloid's style more. Does anyone have the original?

Nintendo could do much better than buying Bandai if it wants to shore up is video game department. Remember, Sony was funeling cash into Square for a long while (before their merger with Enix) in order to give them leverage over Square's titles. Nintendo's just doing the same.