Pic request: M7 VF-11C Pilot

Jarrod

I'm looking for a pic of the standard pilot from Mac 7 in color and can't seem to find anything. Is it the same color as Gamlins? A variation of it maybe? If anyone can find one for me, I'd greatly appreciated it.

Thanks in advance.

Different pilot suits for different branches of the UN Spacy, and the different roles the pilots have in their branches.

Case in point, the Macross 7 and Macross 5 (the Zentraedi fleet that gets possessed by the protodevlyn about halfway through the series) have disimilar uniforms. Diamond Force (I guess due to their elite nature) have different uniforms. So too do the heroes, etc.

The reason - ease of recognition. The uniform discussed in this thread is the new canon fodder brown from SDF:M.

The redshirt sindrome is hitting again I guess heh

I still think the suit used by isamu 6-7 years before M7's story is superior in design. Expecialy the helmet which allow the pilot to look above his head thanx to the transparend material.

yeah, Isamu's flight suit is my favorite as well.

I still think the suit used by isamu 6-7 years before M7's story is superior in design. Expecialy the helmet which allow the pilot to look above his head thanx to the transparend material.

I agree, I really like the second visor built with glass. It allowed the helmet in Macross Plus to look like the original, but made it much more functional. Gamlin's helmet in Macross 7 (his VF-17 uniform) has that feature as well. Roy and Shin's helmets from Macross Zero were similar to Hikaru's old style, but did feature a smaller solid visor for better visibility and they did use the laser eye scanners to assist with the head cannon target acquisition. SO that does overcome a little of the disadvantages.

I agree, I really like the second visor built with glass. It allowed the helmet in Macross Plus to look like the original, but made it much more functional. Gamlin's helmet in Macross 7 (his VF-17 uniform) has that feature as well. Roy and Shin's helmets from Macross Zero were similar to Hikaru's old style, but did feature a smaller solid visor for better visibility and they did use the laser eye scanners to assist with the head cannon target acquisition. SO that does overcome a little of the disadvantages.

The optical tracking sensor in Mac Zero actually gave the original aesthetic design of the visor in SDFM a purpose.

I agree that the clear visors used by Isamu and Gamlin made much more sense, however the CF uniform's helmet is consistent with how the helmets were changed for the VF-X2 game.

Edited by Zinjo

The optical tracking sensor in Mac Zero actually gave the original aesthetic design of the visor in SDFM a purpose.

I agree that the clear visors used by Isamu and Gamlin made much more sense, however the CF uniform's helmet is consistent with how the helmets were changed for the VF-X2 game.

Macross Zero was actually really good for explaining quite a few things that enhance the suspension of disbelief in the original SDF Macross. The helmets with the optical laser tracking was one such example, but the explanation of energy converting armor and the cyclops radar systems were two others. They helped explain why the Valkyries could sustain crash damage that would destroy conventional military vehicles and how the SDF Macross could detect ships/energy readings instantaneously over distances that would take hours or longer for traditional light speed electronic detection. Though I didn't care for the story of Macross Zero, it did add a lot of solid fictional embelishment to the franchise. It sure helped to create the mecha profiles in building of the M3 :)