Purple Helmet

Gerwalker

I really don't know were to post this. First time I found the purple helmet issue was in the toy forums but is conected to the new ps2 game but is also related to old artwork...Topic about Yamato 1:60 GBP-1 !?, Hobbyshow in Japan There is a pic of the new 1/1 helmets and one of them was purple:

1003_macross_04.jpg

Then Graham said: Yes, the purple color helmet is a tie in from the squadron (team?) that fly purple color Valks in the upcoing PS2 game. For pics of these purple Valks go check out the pinned PS2 game thread in the game forum.

Today revisiting Tenji's site I've found this very old pic of a Valk pilot wearing a purple helmet:

P15.jpg

Tenjin's work has being used in a lot of the official macross stuff (DVDs, Hasegawa's box art and decals, etc.) It would not surprise me that the inspiration for the purple helmet in the PS2 game came from him...

instead of makeing lifesize helmits, couldn't they have used the profits to make their existing product cheaper?

hehe, everyone hates the american capitalist dogs untill they start makeing money from capitalist practices :D

Has anyone considered that the purple helmet might be Max's?

Nope. It is a tie-in for the new game. You get promoted out of Skull and into this squadron with a Longhorn logo. Their squadron "color" is purple.

Think about it for a bit; it could be worst...Minmay-Pink Helmet ! !?? :blink:

Has anyone considered that the purple helmet might be Max's?

Nope. It is a tie-in for the new game. You get promoted out of Skull and into this squadron with a Longhorn logo. Their squadron "color" is purple.

Think about it for a bit; it could be worst...Minmay-Pink Helmet ! !?? :blink:

Actually, I don't mind the color at all. I kind of like it, because it's something different.

I want a helmet.  I dunno about a purple one though...

Whatever color they are, those bad boys are supposed to be around $1500 apiece...and that's just the helmet itself. :blink: The body armor will skyrocket the price even higher.

But it will be the ultimate Halloween costume in it's time. :lol:

are we absolutely positive its a purple helmet, despite Grahams assurances otherwise? my first impression was that it was a ver. Max helmet to go with Roy's yellow and Hikaru's red. the colors on the photo are a little washed out, even the red on the ver. Hikaru looks a little orange. a max helmet makes more sense than a game tie-in in a questionable color.

are we absolutely positive its a purple helmet, despite Grahams assurances otherwise? my first impression was that it was a ver. Max helmet to go with Roy's yellow and Hikaru's red. the colors on the photo are a little washed out, even the red on the ver. Hikaru looks a little orange. a max helmet makes more sense than a game tie-in in a questionable color.

It is purple (funny thing I thought that from Tenjin's art work first) Look at the yammie fast packs below the helmets: their color is just right. Even the one in fighter mode is a Max and the blue stripe and skull background is clearly visible.