To anyone waiting on, or wanting decals from Night Stalker or Robograp

Night Stalker

Been getting behind doing decals due to 2 reasons. Work has me strained for time, and 2.. waiting for new paper from Micromark. The last batch they sent was total crap. They said they would send another few packs. I waited then got the answer that they haven't gotten it from their supplier.

So during this wait I am getting crabby emails, threatening emails, PMs wanting to know why theirs haven't been here yet and when I PM them to get more details.. they don't respond. To the new one making a claim against me from paypal because I sent them to France and for one reason or another they didn't get them.

So, where do we stand now? This isn't my job. I was only doing this for those that needed them due to their supplier Devon was calling it quits. I thought maybe I could help fill that gap. So if you ordered decals from me and sent your money, you will get them. To those that were patient I thank you and I am glad I could help you fill in the gaps for what you needed. To those that were rude,.. hey from what I read Devon took a little time getting decals too. We both have lives that don't revolve around making you decals. Sorry to say but thats life. I know, I will get slammed now saying I shouldn't offer them for sale if I cannot get them to you fast enough. Sorry I was trying to help you guys out when you had no other place to go. But you're right, I shouldn't! So with that, I say adios and I am calling it quits. I don't need the stress and you can get them from someone else that has the ability to delivery them in 3 days and does that for a living.

If you sent payment, I have your info and new paper came TODAY! Everything will be in the mail within 3 days.

personally, i hope you reconsider. the minmay decals i got from you are top notch. there are plenty of us that understand that macross does not equal life. if i recall correctly it took a few weeks to get the decals. exo took about a month to send vinyl stickers. as long as people know it could take a month or two, there should be no complaining. the decals are a really valuable service and i'm sure the majority of us really appreciate your time and effort.

:D

People are complaining because this is MacrossWorld - if it's one thing people do here, it's complain about everything. Thanks Chris for everything you've done with trying to get the users here awesome decals!

People are complaining because this is MacrossWorld - if it's one thing people do here, it's complain about everything. Thanks Chris for everything you've done with trying to get the users here awesome decals!

Afraid I'd have to include you in that category.

I didn't order any decals, so I don't have a dog in this fight...BUT, if you actually take payment upfront, then be it your hobby or job, people will expect timely delivery of the product.

If you had a waiting list where people could sign up for decals, and you could tell them to pay when you were ready I imagine you would have gotten very few complaints. Even if this is something you're doing on the side to help out some fellow fans, you can't be too surprised when people get crabby that you took their money right away, and took your time with the product (for whatever reason).

But like I said, I'm not one of 'em so what do I care?

"But like I said, I'm not one of 'em so what do I care?"

You cared enough to add your 2 cents in obviously. Payment was taken up front because there was no problem until the paper screwed up when you print on it. Not my fault by any stretch of the imagination. This problem cannot be determined until you actually print the decals. And NO, I didn't take my time with the rpoduct after I accepted payment.

But thats ok, a few whiners spoiled it for everyone! The timeline for the wait was no different than they were used to when buying them from Devin. So there shouldn't have been a problem. I guess Devin got threats too? I doubt it. Threatening anyone in inexcusable no matter how you want to try to justify it.

That sucks, sorry you got pushed too far. It is pretty obvious that you are infuriated, hopefully once you have had a chance to collect your thoughts you will come up with some way to make a few bucks on the side and fulfill the need again.

If you just wash you hands of it, well, thanks for trying :)

hate to see you go. I think having a some folks ruin it for everybody sux.

I understand that folks have a certain expectation of a quick delivery but

still like you said delays happen and as long as you come thru then cool.

Thanks for the effort.

I remember that there was a similar bad batch of paper problem about a year ago... or was it two. Either way it really hurts the producer when the defect is not discovered until the decals are in the hands of the modeler.

Sorry to see you go but it is understood.

Edit: Hurts the producer since he expects and assumes quality paper then has to deal with the public out cry and delays in production.

Edited by Fly4victory

• 3 weeks later...

Well, I finally got decent paper and got it to work. So the last few VERY patient guys waiting for decals will be getting theirs sent out asap. It took 3 different companies to get some good paper. WTH?

Until then, it's out of town for the holiday. Have a good weekend folks!!!!!!

One thing I noticed around this place is that if they don't get an immeadiate response or immeadiate satisfaction then the biatching factor goes right up. So many times I see clamouring for fast shipping or service, only to have whatever decal/kit etc sit on the shelf for years doing nothing - great going guys keep it.

EDIT: I really hate the draconian MW auto edits.

Edited by Berttt

"SHOP IS CLOSED"......NOOOOOO!!!!!!.....god d*mn it!!! I was in need of 3 sets of low vis decals and 3 sets of minmay guard decals. Not concerned about the wait, just want some good quality stuff to use on my valks. This SUCKS!!!..... I really hope you reconsider and give those that didn't give you a headache about this a shot.