Drive on FOX

Hoptimus

I am not one to watch TV shows. I just dont take the time.

I got hooked on Firefly though. Loved it.

This new series DRIVE is from Tim Minear who was involved with Firefly and it stars Nathan Fillian(Mal Reynolds on FF)

I have watched the first 3 episodes and it was very good.

I have also watched the first 3 episodes. So far I have enjoyed it. It hasn't really "gripped" me the way shows like Heroes and Lost did early on, but it hasn't turned me off yet either. I plan to keep watching, I am hoping it will keep getting better as it continues

I, also, watched DRIVE with some attention. But sadly, for myself, I find it to be crap bound.

The first 30 minutes were not to bad at all. However it headed south faster then a thristy hooker in summer, and Monday's episode put the nail in the coffin with their changing the 'main lead' character into a guy with a criminal past and his old 'super awsome' car. :rolleyes:

FAR too little sweet arsed driving.

FAR too much lame 'super corporation' & cliched 'drama'.

I kept on expecting something more(DeathRace anyone :) ) and all I got was Greatest Race vomit. :wacko:

I watched Sunday night and Monday night's first episodes, mostly because I needed background noise while painting, and not having cable, there's never ANYTHING on... it was mildly entertaining at first, or at least lukewarmly tolerable, but I wasn't seeing anything to really hold me... I gave up yesterday around the police interrogation bits where we wrecked the lead character... too silly for me.

I, also, watched DRIVE with some attention. But sadly, for myself, I find it to be crap bound.

The first 30 minutes were not to bad at all. However it headed south faster then a thristy hooker in summer, and Monday's episode put the nail in the coffin with their changing the 'main lead' character into a guy with a criminal past and his old 'super awsome' car. :rolleyes:

FAR too little sweet arsed driving.

FAR too much lame 'super corporation' & cliched 'drama'.

I kept on expecting something more(DeathRace anyone :) ) and all I got was Greatest Race vomit. :wacko:

Ditto that. I watched the first episode, and gave up in disgust. Stupid premise, cardboard characters ("Hey Homes, I'm your brother Homes, I just got out of jail Homes, I drive a lowrider with hydros Homes") , and completely lame representation of "racing". If you are going to do a series about a cross-country road race, it would behoove you to hire somebody who actually knows something about cars and driving to help lend some credibility. It looks like all the driving scenes were written and directed by a committee who might have seen a couple minutes from 'The Fast and the Furious' a few years ago. Lame.

I thought it was decent, if mindless fun. FOX's latest attempt at today's oh-so popular serialized drama has its work cut out for it, if it doesn't want to get canceled. Fox midseason replacements have a lifespan rivaling that of a fruit fly. At least Nathan Fillion is fun to watch, as always. It would be nice to see the guy get some steady work, for a change. I'll give it a few more episodes to not suck.

Monday's episode put the nail in the coffin with their changing the 'main lead' character into a guy with a criminal past and his old 'super awsome' car.

Worst. Critique. Ever. Oh noes, a Challenger. the show is teh ruinated. :rolleyes:

Worst. Critique. Ever. Oh noes, a Challenger. the show is teh ruinated. :rolleyes:

The car has always been cool. Could've been even worse like using the new Challenger(talk about commericalism LOL!) But to use the clique of "the 'hero/good guy' isn't gonna work because he's not the dark/bad boy that attracts female viewers" is out right lame for even a 'mindless' show. :huh:

Oh and somebody clearly loves Googles Map feature idea don't they. LOL! But hey at least I gave 180 minutes to prove itself before calling it crap! :p

And appearantly I'm not the only one who thinks it's garbage after looking at it's ratings, bottom feeding, for those shows and seeing that it's barely more then average with the existing audience and that it's mainly fanboy Browncoats that are it's fan core.

Edited by chrono

It bumped Family Guy? One more point in Drive's favor. B))

I like the new car they gave him. I was wondering how long he'd be in the Uncle Jessie truck. I don't see where they've changed his character much, other than fleshing out a bit of his history. We saw from almost the beginning that he had a dark side. First he threatened to beat Mr. Bright to death, and slammed him onto a table by his throat, then he tortured that guy chasing Corrina. If anything, they've shown why this lanscaper from Nebraska has no qualms with the sort of Violence Alex seems to slip into so easily.

This show needs better cars... i dunno about you, but if i'm in a cross country race, i would buy a car that is more versatile than a pick-em up truck or a mini van. First thing I would've done is go to the closest dealership that had one and pick up an Elise, or just screw it and buy a Ducati or Suzuki Sports Bike. The advantage of the Elise though is gas mileage, great handling, easy to find parts (it's using Toyota parts), low maintenance, etc. And with bike obviously, HOV, gas mileage, low maintenance, cheap, etc. Of course that would ruin the shows "drama" and "suspense" as it would seem to easy for someone too do that.

Edit:Sp

Edited by emajnthis

Had seen the comericals but didn't bother knowing Fox would most likely cancel it like they do so many other good shows. Fastlane (even though I can catch reruns on G4TV (only reason I watch that channel, I still miss it), Firefly. So many others.