Puchi Eva Evangelion @ School

wolfx

Huh...it's kinda weird considering how none of the characters knew each other at that age. And what's with the Eva01 wearing those clothes? I'm sure it'll be entertaining, but those designs sort of make it seem like it's some other story just borrowing the Evangelion characters. We'll see.

I think with Eva toys, you really have to draw a line to distinguish what is essential and what is crap. Or you will either be broke or require a bank loan to keep feeding Gainax's golden goose.

Edited by Mowe

Hmm.... I just finished NGE last week, and while I thought it was pretty fantastic (finishing with EoE was so much more fulfilling than the TV ending,) I simply can't see any reason for this... I just want to see stuff for the new films.

Can't remember how it got into my head, but I keep thinking there is a new Eva anime in production.

I really want to see more screen time of the Evas kicking butt, like Auska's Unit 2 did in the movie. As much as I love EoE, the biggest disappointment about the movie was that we never saw Eva 01 in real action.

With the new anime, I say for get about Shingi's twisted head, just give us more fan services with butts and kicking butts.

This may not be a new anime. It may be just a line of new "stuff"? Shrug. Will keep u guys posted if any info comes by.

Edited by Mowe

Can't remember how it got into my head, but I keep thinking there is a new Eva anime in production.

There are 2 or 3, by the end of this year. I'm just saying that this may not be one of them.

I think its one movie and a TV series retelling.

Weird. Seems like it's going to be Eva without all the religion and ideas.

You mean like almost every other "As Kids" stories; like the muppet babies, ignored the backstory in the Muppet Movie?

This is like SD Gundam, it's not supposed to have anything to do with the plot it's just supposed to make more money... oh and hopefully be funny, but mostly make more money.

Puchi by the way is a Japanization of Petite.

Edited by lord_breetai

i really don't see where they are going with this. not just this chibi thing but the whole plan of expanding on the Eva mythos.

There doesn't seem to be much wiggle room with out hoping into some alternate universe OR locking down a very "interpet it how you want" ending into something specific (which would bug me quite a bit)

i keep hearing people say that one of the movies is going to take place in shinji's alternate world he saw at the end of the series where rei is a new girl and he, asuka and all the rest are friends in school. perhaps this is what the chibi stuff is for.

Also that ugly pink clad unit 01 keeps showing up. I think it was for a game, but i'm not so convinced it wont' be in an upcoming show.

The most jarring thing about all this is that it's so unoriginal. What i've always liked about Gainax is how the next project is totally out there but NOTHING like their last project. This is a very odd step for them to be taking IMHO.

i keep hearing people say that one of the movies is going to take place in shinji's alternate world he saw at the end of the series where rei is a new girl and he, asuka and all the rest are friends in school. perhaps this is what the chibi stuff is for.

Well that's very much like the Girlfriend of Steel 2 Manga... which follows off from that where all the Children are at school, there's a love polygon with Shinji-Asuka-Rei-Kaworu... it was a very fun read, I have to finnish it sometime.

I think this chibi thing won't be like the Girlfriend of Steel 2 Manga though... I'm guessing it'll be more like an SD gundam.

i really don't see where they are going with this. not just this chibi thing but the whole plan of expanding on the Eva mythos.

There doesn't seem to be much wiggle room with out hoping into some alternate universe OR locking down a very "interpet it how you want" ending into something specific (which would bug me quite a bit)

Hence the whole RETELLING thing. I dunno if it can make it better. Generally I'd say "Don't fix what ain't broken". That 's what i said for Kanon 2006 which was a remake of the original Kanon. My jaw just dropped after watching Kanon 2006 and i take my words back. Remains to be seen for EVA.

That would be based off the Angelic Days manga. No hard info on this. May or may not happen.

Also that ugly pink clad unit 01 keeps showing up. I think it was for a game, but i'm not so convinced it wont' be in an upcoming show.

That would be from the Evangelions 2 PS2 game. I believe the Eva 01 Type F was aquired if you go through certain routes in the game (which obviously is different from the anime)

The most jarring thing about all this is that it's so unoriginal. What i've always liked about Gainax is how the next project is totally out there but NOTHING like their last project. This is a very odd step for them to be taking IMHO.

Sadly, Gainax has went down the route of Cow milking. What with Top 2 and Eva and all that.

Lordbreetai:

Well that's very much like the Girlfriend of Steel 2 Manga... which follows off from that where all the Children are at school, there's a love polygon with Shinji-Asuka-Rei-Kaworu... it was a very fun read, I have to finnish it sometime.

I think this chibi thing won't be like the Girlfriend of Steel 2 Manga though... I'm guessing it'll be more like an SD gundam.

I think you mean Angelic Days? Girlfriend Of Steel is the Dreamcast dating sim who featured a new girl, Maya i think, who was the pilot of Eva03. I dunno if there was a manga made later based on the game.

Keith:

Honestly, Gainax hasn't done an animated work that i don't love, so I don't doubt this will be entertaining.

Have you seen Mahoro 2 and This Ugly and Beautiful World? I thought those were horrendous. Haven't seen Melody Of Oblivion and dun know if i should. Then there's that Gungen Larren anime that's coming out soon.

Edited by wolfx

Lordbreetai:

I think you mean Angelic Days? Girlfriend Of Steel is the Dreamcast dating sim who featured a new girl, Maya i think, who was the pilot of Eva03. I dunno if there was a manga made later based on the game.

umm nope. As you can see here it's Kotetsu no Girlfriend 2 or Iron Maiden 2.

I know about the Sega Saturn dating sim Kotetsu no Girlfriend... and the PS2 game Kotetsu no Girlfriend 2. However the manga isn't at all like either... and yes this is an official manga. Though this image is taken from a Scanlation.

post-772-1173387449_thumb.png

Edited by lord_breetai

umm nope. As you can see here it's Kotetsu no Girlfriend 2 or Iron Maiden 2.

I know about the Sega Saturn dating sim Kotetsu no Girlfriend... and the PS2 game Kotetsu no Girlfriend 2. However the manga isn't at all like either... and yes this is an official manga. Though this image is taken from a Scanlation.

Wadaya know. We're talking bout the same thing. :lol:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Neon_genesis_...on_angelic_days

As much as I love EoE, the biggest disappointment about the movie was that we never saw Eva 01 in real action.

You mean like it did for the entirety of the series?

With the new anime, I say for get about Shingi's twisted head, just give us more fan services with butts and kicking butts.

Yes, let's dumb one of the best shows out there down some more.

Um...you like to interpret other’s comments in its most negative fashion, sad… :mellow:

You mean like it did for the entirety of the series?

Yes, let's dumb one of the best shows out there down some more.

Um...you like to interpret other’s comments in its most negative fashion, sad… :mellow:

Um, I like to read what people type. Maybe you should have been clearer... "fan service butts and butt kicking" is rather clear. As is your comment about Unit 01 getting some action. How would you like me to interpret it?

Light up a little, it was snap-stick,... :(

Maybe I should have add the emotion thingie like this:

I really want to see more screen time of the Evas kicking butt, like Auska's Unit 2 did in the movie :p . As much as I love EoE, the biggest disappointment about the movie was that we never saw Eva 01 in real action :D .

No fun.... :unsure:

Um, I like to read what people type. Maybe you should have been clearer... "fan service butts and butt kicking" is rather clear. As is your comment about Unit 01 getting some action. How would you like me to interpret it?

I really want to see more screen time of the Evas kicking butt, like Auska's Unit 2 did in the movie :p . As much as I love EoE, the biggest disappointment about the movie was that we never saw Eva 01 in real action :D .

My apologies if your inflection doesn't magically transfer over http. This is OT. If you want to continue, I suggest you take it to PM. Frankly, there's no reason to continue.

At the risk of getting flamed, I agree with your sentiment. Too bad Eva01's role was reduced into a deus ex machina device for the end of the world. But doesn't matter. Eva02 kicking ass was awesome enough.

And throughout the series, the only worthy action worth mentioning about EVA01 was the 1st one against Satchiel. Every other encounter with an Angel was pretty fast and not as exciting.

I totally dissagree. The fight with the 14th Angel was far more awesome.

How so? All EVA01 did was got it to the surface. EVA01's left hand gets dismembered, then its power runs out and subsequently gets pwned. Later, it goes berserk pulls out angel's hands to make it part of its hand, then kicks it proceeds to eat it.

Nah....Satchiel was more awesome by far. AT Field tearing, hand breaking, core stabbing goodness. ;)

How so? All EVA01 did was got it to the surface. EVA01's left hand gets dismembered, then its power runs out and subsequently gets pwned. Later, it goes berserk pulls out angel's hands to make it part of its hand, then kicks it proceeds to eat it.

Nah....Satchiel was more awesome by far. AT Field tearing, hand breaking, core stabbing goodness. ;)

All true, though Eva 1 vs Bardiel/Eva 3 also has it's nice place in my heart.

My 1st pick of Eva 01 fight would be with Satchiel too. But I hate how the TV Series broke up the fight in 2 episodes. The Movie cut was awsome.

But of all Eva fights, Eva 02 vs 9xEva05 wins by mile - no contest :D

If I have to pick the best Eva Team Work sequence, it would be the 3 Evas vs that "Dripping Eye Spider Angel". It was fantastic, great action within a confine space.

It's been too long since I watched Eva so I don't remember which angel it was... but I like the "Both of you dance like you want to win" fight.

Edited by Mowe