1/350 star battleship yamato

Eternal_D

The kit requires cement, paint and minor electrical work for the lights and radio controlled gun turrets. I'd say it's worth the money and effort if you're that big into the 'Space Cruiser. I'd certainly go for an Andromeda myself...

• 1 month later...

Too expensive IMO. If it were a SDF-1 it would be a different story though.

an SDF-1 that size would be ideal. :)

edit :

i thought at first that perhaps the sound and light effects would be to gimmicky but it actually adds a lot to the ship

especially the canon and engines.

Edited by Macross73

Golden gun barrels? Maybe if the rocket anchor had been painted gold as well it'd work. Oh well, beautiful ship, regardless. I especially liked the wave-motion gun and engine effects...

From Dalong's pictures it seems molded in color. Unless you want a more model kit and a less toyish look, adding weathering and stuff, it doesn't seem that much of a hassle to put together. After all assembly is the fun and easy part IMHO.

Yeah, but glue hates me.

I believe the barrels are gold because they're actually made of metal.

• 5 months later...

Yamato fans looks like Marmit is releasing a NEW Andromeda in 2008.

Get your wallets ready for this 450mm/17inch metal masterpiece. It's listed around $230!

THX to nakajo and bizzio at Robot Japan for the pics.

2003737609792344618_rs.jpg

2006370876332893492_rs.jpg

2006335601141518490_rs.jpg

Ever since these pics surfaced over on RJ, I've been trying to find a preorder somewhere haha.

It's about time the Andromeda got some love. It's too bad the Bandai SOP Yamato, the Aoshima Shin Seiki Gokin Arcadias, and now this Marmit Daigokin Andromeda aren't really in scale with one another...but I'm not complaining!! I wouldn't ask Marmit to make this thing smaller haha.

Edited by emerson

Beau-ti-ful!... but not $230 + S&H beautiful. :(

I think I'll wait until Bandai makes a SOP Andromeda in scale with their Yamato; if they never do, I'm sure there will be a VF to claim the loot I won't be spending on this.

Edited by mechaninac