My Battlestar Viper.....

mslz22

IM000905.jpg

I got this off ebay for super cheap because it had been started (which actually made it more work!) and had no decals, I printed the decals myself from a scan off the net. I was burnt on macross the other day so spent a few hrs putting this together, it actually only took me part of 1 night and a bit of the next morning. I made the stripes a little more red to give it a bit more agressive of a look.

mike

Wow, great job, especially considering you got it as a started kit cheap it turned out great. As far as the weathering, the studio 1/16 scale filming models were weathered a lot more that the full scale filming props, so the kit here actually looks pretty close to the condition of the 1/1 filming Viper. Millenia Models International makes some great add-ons for this kit, including fully-detailed Viper pilots (even includes parts for the annoying C.O.R.A upgraded viper), Viper guy and girl pilots, in scale, sitting or standing, and a Viper launch rail for the kit. I wouldn't change anything about your Viper though...great job.

Hey Guys,

Here is a photo of my Viper.

I was at a friends house as he was cleaning out his garage and he was pitching this piece of crap in the trash.

It was build but not painted, decals were pealing off, and it was covered with garage grease and grime.

When I took it off his hads it was 1990. That made it about 11 years old then.

I broke the glues seams and rebuilt it. After about 3 weeks of restoration This is my finished Model

post-26-1066002886_thumb.jpg

Looking good, both of them! I was a huge fan of these show as a kid....

Anyone else looking forward to the Sci-Fi channel redo?

I'm pretty excited to check out the new show, I'm trying to keep an open mind about it. I am also looking forward to the Game, it may not be perfect, but I've been waiting 20 years to blow up some cylons, kind of like waiting1 18 years to fly a valk (battlecry)

Whoever designed the new Viper clearly has no idea what those "things" inside the intakes are for. <_<

Well....This might be streching it a bit but, maybe they are made of an exotic material that stretches and contracks as it spins reeeeaaaallllyyy fast. :blink:

I kinda miss " Above and Beyond" and those cool Space Marine fighters :(

"Above and Beyond" was cool as well as "Earth 2" I think they both were taken off the air due to the fact that they both really didn't go anywhere.

Now Star Gate SG-1, THAT's REALLY COOL!!