Ulysses 31 nostalgia

Guppy

In the midst of a wave of nostalgia after watching the opening credits to the classic Ulysses 31 on youtube, I got to wondering if there ever was a toy line. After a bit of looking I found Popy produced a few diecast vehicles and figures a quarter of a century (!!!!!) ago.

Now if I wanted to find myself an Astronave (the cool red spaceship/shuttle that split into 3 parts) would I be dreaming? Is this as rare as they come? Has anyone here got one? And what do you think the going rate is?

ToyboxDX link: http://www.toyboxdx.com/popy/popy_data/pc/pc_23.htm

pics!

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

*bangs head against wall to try and stop the theme song music playing in head*

I picked up a Ulysses 31 DVD box set last year. Can't remember what region or system it was, but that's irrelevant as all my AV gear is multi-system, multi-region anyway.

Those toys look great. Wonder if I could persuade Yamato to make updated toys?

Graham

I picked up a Ulysses 31 DVD box set last year. Can't remember what region or system it was, but that's irrelevant as all my AV gear is multi-system, multi-region anyway.

Those toys look great. Wonder if I could persuade Yamato to make updated toys?

Graham

you get sexual favours from me if you do. Or not, whichever is more persuasive. Plus I'm assuming the U31 franchise is pretty not in demand.

Keith: Lucky me! I'm in australia so Region 4 is my region.. haha, years of missing out on R1 special editions. But these days most dvd players are region free or easily unlockable.

Oh I know, I've just been hedging on upgrading my DVD player. It's 7-8 years old, and still running pretty well. Though I've been eying those new fangled players that do both automatic region switching (have to manually set it on my) and PAL conversion. One of these days perhaps.

I can't remember exactly what, but I know Kawamori did some designs for this show.

I believe he did some of the concept work for the large spacecraft in the show - I forget the ships name just at the moment. I don't know if the actual design used was close to Kawamoris original, though.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...