25th Anniversary GI Joe

JELEINEN

12" Snake Eyes

Arghh! HissTank and TFW are still down!

That would explain why I haven't been able to view either site all day - thanks Shin!

And the 12" SE ... cool! Damn, I cannot get hooked onto these too .... :wacko:

@ComicKaze - That sucks mate ... but believe me when I say, it is friggin tough to find them at retail down here in the US ... 'least where I'm at.

Still no sign of wave 8, nor the wave 4 comic packs.

:mellow:

Edited by Vermillion21

Still no sign of wave 8, nor the wave 4 comic packs.

mellow.gif

I've only seen Cobra Commander, the Viper, and Flint, and I bought Flint(I like Tiger Force, and despite having v1 Flint, this one is unique enough to stand apart). If you guys open your figures and want a Flint, I would say skip V1, and wait for the upcoming one with Cobra parts(which we suspect is Tiger Force Flint in V1 colors with attachments), or get the Tiger Force version. I thought it was just a Flint with Shipwreck's arms, but theres actually more to it. Unlike Shipwreck, the right hand is open, not clenced in a fist, and can weapons. The sleeves have an added piece to resemble a folded sleeve. The left wrist has a watch molded on. Shipwreck had none of those. Tiger Force Flint as a figure, is much better than V1 Flint.

After hitting up several stores this weekend I am not going to steadily look for the newest joes. The thrill of the hunt compells me, but man is it irritating walking out empty handed.

If anyone gets wave 4 comic pack Storm Shadow soon, and has a previous anniversary Storm Shadow, can you post pics of a previous anniversary Storm Shadow like the V1, with the harness on? I want to see what it looks like.

After hitting up several stores this weekend I am not going to steadily look for the newest joes. The thrill of the hunt compells me, but man is it irritating walking out empty handed.

Tell me about it mate ....

<_<

So I opened the Scarlett and Hawk comic pack as well as the two CDN figures (the rest I'm leaving carded for now, till I decide which ones I really want to open, and which ones I know I can find more carded copies of)

But still the two Canadian figures I opened (flint and artic trooper snake eyes) were total crap, their arms don't move properly and all their joints are stiff... Really is it just something wrong with the Canadian release? Every other 25th anniversary figure I've played with have been a joy to pose but these two I can't even move their elbow joints and have a tough time with everything else. It's made me very warry of ever touching another CDN packed joe.

Also the fold out file card with English and French is lame... is that why we're not getting the US joes? cause of bilingual issues?

attached, snake-eyes fold out file card.

post-772-1212395266_thumb.jpg

If anyone gets wave 4 comic pack Storm Shadow soon, and has a previous anniversary Storm Shadow, can you post pics of a previous anniversary Storm Shadow like the V1, with the harness on? I want to see what it looks like.

Just got the new Stormie today at work via BBTS and have the old comic pack Stormie (which I know is one of your favorite ones anyway) as a monitor topper, so here you go. Pardon the bad cell phone camera.

mixnmatchss-1.jpg

I did one with the cape and older head, and one with the new head... which gives you an idea of what a V1 SS

would look like if you removed the cobra symbol on his forehead and bleached his bands. If you want better pictures,

I can take them tonight at home.

The harness is somewhat bulky... made even moreso sitting around the sash on the older Stormshadow. Still, I much prefer a shirt-wearing Stormshadow over one that's 'Body by Sgt. LaFitte'. I'm not entirely sure how easy it is to draw the swords they way they are on the backback, but it does look cool. Not pictured is the new comic pack SS with the older, maroon-cowled one & cape... which makes him look like some hokey pro-wrestler :D

Well, happened to me a lot over the weekend as well. It doesnt help when gas is going up as well. As much as I like the hunt, the cost of these figures are going up. I preorder from BBTS but if I find the wave before them, I will cancel my order. But in all sense, it is cheaper to preorder despite BBTS prices are little higher but in the end, with shipping included, it is either on par or cheaper. Of course if you lived nearby a Walmart and/or Target or actually drive by one on your way to work, then you gas cost is a minimum. However, walking out empty handed and knowing you wasted gas to get there and back gives a feeling of annoyance.

I got the Storm Shadow and Firefly comic pack. I will post pics of the 2 versions of Stormie. when I get home for you.

@lord_breetai,

Wow, that Canadian paper file card does look lame. That sucks mate. I'd much prefer the file card on the backs of the single card packages. And you're saying the Arctic Snake Eyes figure is lame?? Really?? He looks cool to me, I can't wait to get him! He's suppose to come with snowshoes, right?? Pics please.

Tober posted this note on the Transformers super thread:

"This is a quick message to the members of TFW2005.com. The datacenter where TFW2005.com and possibly 10's of thousands of other sites had it's physical server stored had an issue earlier today which took the electricity to the entire building offline. From what we understand there was no damage to the actual servers, just the electrical connection to the facility. As of right now there is no ETA on the site coming back online. So long as this was a purely outside, electrical based issue, it should be anywhere from 24-72 hours. This also affected Hisstank.com and Cybertron.Ca.

Please pass the word around to those that may care, we will keep everyone updated here. Thanks, see you soon!"

Tober posted this note on the Transformers super thread:

"This is a quick message to the members of TFW2005.com. The datacenter where TFW2005.com and possibly 10's of thousands of other sites had it's physical server stored had an issue earlier today which took the electricity to the entire building offline. From what we understand there was no damage to the actual servers, just the electrical connection to the facility. As of right now there is no ETA on the site coming back online. So long as this was a purely outside, electrical based issue, it should be anywhere from 24-72 hours. This also affected Hisstank.com and Cybertron.Ca.

Please pass the word around to those that may care, we will keep everyone updated here. Thanks, see you soon!"

Along with HISS Tank, the Transformers site TFW 2005 is down as well. So now new Joe or TF updates for me.

Well, slowly but surely I'm getting the new stuff. I still need a Major Bludd and Tiger Force Flint for single carded figs and the Duke and Red Star pack.

I caved and bought a Scarlett/Hawk two pack so that I could try to customize a Cover Girl later but I should have bought it from my local target to try to clear the shelves for more product.

I hate my phone's camera. But I had a few minutes at work and couldn't let the unfortunate side-effect of part swapping of Stormshadows I did earlier go without documenting it....

eltormentosombro.jpg

And while I was swapping parts of monitor top figures, Snake-eyes pretends to be a certain archaeologist.... (should've swapped the Uzi for the whip too...)

indianasnakeyes.jpg

Now, all I need is a pink Cadillac and a Kwinn figure... (although I think it was a cowboy hat in the comic, not a fedora...)

I decided to toss up a better picture of an early Stormshadow (the Silent Interlude one... which is the same as the original, except for blue for black... I didn't want to risk ruining my original's slung backpack forcing it over his neck) with the new comic pack's harness, per Shin's request.

With the shirt on, he does look pretty bad-ass... sort of a 'Powered Up Stormshadow". One major downside is that the original Stormshadow mold doesn't have a backpack hole (as his pack was slung across his torso) nor does the 'Dragon' and 'Joe-sided, Grey-Digital-Camo' one, so you can't put the new backpack on them . The Maroon-cape Comic Pack SS has a hole, so that would be the one to go for if one wanted a 'shirts' as opposed to 'skins' Stormie in the new harness with the new backpack.

stormiess9.th.jpg

For fun, here's some quick addition pics... I haven't opened everything up yet (which is why CC is an old comic collection one).... I'm beginning to think Snake-eyes is the perfect Southpark Kenny-type character....

skulltt9.th.jpgvegashadowob7.th.jpgcostumesdb2.th.jpgmonkeyssskk1.th.jpg

Edited by Southpaw Samurai

Just got the new Stormie today at work via BBTS and have the old comic pack Stormie (which I know is one of your favorite ones anyway) as a monitor topper, so here you go. Pardon the bad cell phone camera.

I got the Storm Shadow and Firefly comic pack. I will post pics of the 2 versions of Stormie. when I get home for you.

Hey is this was what you wanted Shin Densetsu Kai 7.0?

Thanks a lot, both of you, and actually Godzilla, what I wanted was a previous anniversary Storm Shadow with the comic pack wave 4 Storm Shadow's harness on, which Southpaw_Samurai posted, but I appreciate the effort nonetheless, its good to see how the v1 compares to the new comic pack version. Your picture proves that the wave 4 comic pack version definitely needs a shirt. It just doesn't look right having pants, a mask, and harness but no shirt underneath.

their arms don't move properly and all their joints are stiff...

The arms on my Tiger Force Flint took a while to budge and finally bend at the elbow.

Holy S---!! How'ed he manage that????

ohmy.gif

BAT troopers look awesome. I wonder how many he has??? Looks like 100 or so ....

ohmy.gif

He usually gets stuff early, I think he orders via ebay from China. Not completely sure though. Its a benefit to us that he didn't clear out a store in the process.

I got wave 8 Baroness and the leg broke at the knee joint. Its a clean break, but breakage shouldn't happen, and a customer shouldn't have to fix their toys. Nonetheless, it should be easy to repair.

I got the version with the fixed crotch and she sits much better than the v1 Baroness. Watch out for the Baroness figures in this wave, some have diaper crotch, some have fixed crotch.

I swapped the head and backpack from the v1 onto my wave 8 version and both look better because of it. Now just to repair the damn thing.

Sure it looks cool but what can really do with a hundred of the same figure? Do people will have that much room to display all at once or does the majority go in a box. My opinion is that collections should be displayed. If your collection is so big that it has to be stored in boxes (and rarely see the light of day) your just a horder.

Really? The 25th line is making sooooo much money for them, I doubt that Hasbro would kill it so soon. All they need to so is continue to re-issue existing vehicle molds and just make new figures ...

Sure it looks cool but what can really do with a hundred of the same figure?

Agreed. I thought I was bad/weird for having maybe dozen combined Cobra/Cobra Officers with a few extra CGs and Vipers. I can see a score or so for a diorama or some such... but that many I can't really see unless one is converting a room into a full sized battleground scene. The only jealousy that might stir in me is the amount of disposable income one must have to splurge on 160 BATS...

My wallet would welcome Hasbro ceasing the homage line in order to do just movie-style ones, but I'm still holding out for a few more figures that haven't been annouced. I thought the last thing Shin brought over from Hisstank was that they'd stop calling it the '25th Anniversary' line (which they have already), but they'd still run with it. I wonder what the profits were like on the line... hard to tell how skewed they were by retailers not reordering until shelves were clear, etc (despite my efforts to help by picking up a few, it's STILL just a Buzzer and two Hawk/Scarletts at my nearest Target).

From Hisstank.com

1)We want the GIJOE 25th clamshell cases. Will these be available soon?

A.Our goal is to give fans what they want…so keep the requests coming. Clamshells will debut at SDCC this year.

2)Are there going to be any Wal-Mart exclusives?

A. Yes, the fall 2008 exclusives for all retailers will be debuted at JoeCon…and boy do we have some incredible things coming!

3)Can you tell us more about the Hall of Heroes set that is coming next

year?

A. The top 10 fan voted characters will debuted at JoeCon. This assortment is meant specifically for our collectors as a way to celebrate the end of the classic line as we head into the movie line.

4)With RED LASER ( a RED SHADOW ) making it into the Top 3 in the custom contest and with Devils Due recently bringing back the RED SHADOWS to the comic page, has the design team even looked at the possiblity of doing these UK repaints in your new International Collection?

A. There are no plans for bringing back the Red Shadows right now, but they are on our radar.

5)How will the Combat Heroes line be set up? Will we get both Classic Joes and Movie Joes?

A. Yes, the line will start off giving you classic expressions and transition to movie figures in 2009.

As you can see in question 3, to me it seems they are ending the classic line.

EDIT: Formatting and quoting.

Edited by Godzilla

Here is something from Cool toy review:

Cool Toy Review: As you know, the question of whether or not this line will continue past 2008 with more updates of classic (ARAH '82-'91) figures is frequently asked; and as of yet, still hasn't been confirmed (or at least clearly). Can you tell us if we can look forward to more updates of classic characters (example, Dusty, Blowtorch, Monkeywrench, Big Boa, Low-Light, Recondo, Rip Cord, etc.) being made in 2009 and beyond? It certainly seems as though this line has made its mark and could sustain its popularity for many years to come!

Hasbro: The plan right now is to continue a classic based line until movie. At movie timing, the line will shift to a movie line look and focus; but classic characters like the ones you called out will be making appearances in this new line. The figures will all be based on 25th anniversary styling, so you will get the quality you are accustomed to.

So now they will keep the line but use a new packaging with the movie logo? Oh man if that is case, I will be being one of each and opening them and trash the packaging. Is what I am reading is correct?

If it means waves having some characters in their classic looks (or something close), I'm in, even if the packging was all pink and was just the generic Canadian explosion. But if we're talking all the remaining characters done up in Joe movie, Crysis-inspired, all-black super-suits, I'll happily start saving that much money again.