The original Layzner SPEC is going for double what it was a few months ago.

Fans see that Bandai is going to support the line and are grabbing up the first release . . .

https://www.rinkya.com/en/auction-g141056387

you don't know how many times i almost bought this thing when i used to frequent a hobby shop around the time it first release. back then i had a penchant for avoiding things not in my main two areas i collect (macross and TF). i'm pretty sure i saw it on discount for like $65 more than once....now that i actually want it...well its north of msrp thats for sure. haha. i think the upcoming release of other layzner is definitely driving prices up.

Nice PICS G! Like the last one best, as the highlights on the front green dome came out very cool.

Looks like you got the shoulder armor on OK.

Layzner must be HOT right now as we are actually to page 2 of this thread !

I'm going to pass on the new Mk II SPEC as it looks forced to me. "Hey - how can we can a transforming Layzner too?" Sort of like the Zeta Gundam.

But maybe I am being too harsh and will cave in when you guys start posting pics of it.

Bring on the Zakaal SPEC tho - ready for that one now . . .

post-8486-0-13945700-1403784401_thumb.gif

I think it looks sweet :D

Yeah i just thought the shoulder armor slotted lower than it did. the box picture kind of resolved it for me.

It's a little dicey getting the shoulder weapon, shoulder armor, and weapon in on the same arm. It was a lot easier to just take the arm out and do it.

• 2 weeks later...

Hmmm No clue. The original comes with two sets of "parts" so you can technically make two different looking robots.... from the pics I don't see anything above and beyond. Maybe the shoulders are a little different?

Probably doesn't have the base either.... but it's hard to say.

Looks like they might have tried to photoshop what it WILL look like by putting these stripes around the parts.

Is that supposed to be a glow effect from the 'cooling' parts? Is that in the anime?

post-8486-0-53791400-1405000696_thumb.jpg

OR - it won't look like that - they are just trying to point out the parts included.

Hard to tell from these pics.

But why a web exclusive its its nothing new?? Must be something new.

The did cut the cooler stand to save funds though...

post-8486-0-08826100-1405000710_thumb.jpg

Looks like they might have tried to photoshop what it WILL look like by putting these stripes around the parts.

Is that supposed to be a glow effect from the 'cooling' parts? Is that in the anime?

attachicon.gifSpec-ReRelease1A.jpg

OR - it won't look like that - they are just trying to point out the parts included.

Hard to tell from these pics.

But why a web exclusive its its nothing new?? Must be something new.

The did cut the cooler stand to save funds though...

attachicon.gifSpec-ReRelease1.jpg

wait, i see the stand you circled but...what did the cooler stand look like?

You can see it in my bigger photo above.

The first release is colored with buttons and sounds from the OVA. Fairly heavy.

Not a must by any means, but it's damn cool. haha

ah thanks gakken. didn't realize those were buttons with sounds. that is pretty sweet. guess i'll wait for more info...if the vmax is just those highlights on the armor that darring pointed out i think it may not be worth it to wait.

Probs.
Considering I got mine for a little cheaper than what it would cost to ship this new one.. I'll stick with the old one :D

I'll keep my eye out for more info on this release though.

Edited by Gakken85

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 4 months later...

Feel like we'll see Layzner's plot line of a half alien, half-human -- being our 'savior' again someday (in real life). But that would take us off in the deep weeds.

Where is the SPEC Zakaal? Wonder if the MkII and V-Max editions did not sell well enough to justify it . . .

post-8486-0-25809200-1444138489_thumb.jpg

• 1 year later...
  • 6 years later...
  • 7 months later...