gunpod sound

shoopdawhoop

don't know if anyone noticed this before but the gunpod soundfx changes from time to time throughout the TV series.

in the first few episodes the GP sounds like fake gunfire but it sounded cool. then they changed it to what sounded like real gunfire and it sounded horrible. then they brought back the old GP sound for a while, then they changed it again to something totally different. :blink:

am i the only one who noticed this? or am i just crazy?

The gunpod sound isn't always consistent in the original anime. But it always sounds at least somewhat like a real military weapon. Unlike the sound they've introduced in the new dub. :o

don't know if anyone noticed this before but the gunpod soundfx changes from time to time throughout the TV series.

in the first few episodes the GP sounds like fake gunfire but it sounded cool. then they changed it to what sounded like real gunfire and it sounded horrible. then they brought back the old GP sound for a while, then they changed it again to something totally different. :blink:

am i the only one who noticed this? or am i just crazy?

No, you are not the only one who noticed, and no again you are not crazy!

You can hear a similar gunpod effect in the DYRL? game, which is to me, a better version of the original effect. What was wierd about the DYRL? game though, is how the gunpod effect would sound off "after" your gunpod had finished firing...

You can hear a similar gunpod effect in the DYRL? game, which is to me, a better version of the original effect. What was wierd about the DYRL? game though, is how the gunpod effect would sound off "after" your gunpod had finished firing...

if I recall, the PS and Saturn versions had different gunpod sounds.

I've never played the Saturn one, though.

I've got the Saturn version, and it sounds like the same effect from the series, such as when Hikaru blasted a Regult with the VF-1D in the city. That was a really cool scene...

I always had an impression, that the vf-1 gun pod sound was very similar or perhaps based on the A-10 warthog 30mm armor piercing cannon!

It is, because it's basically the sound of any powered Gatling-type rapid fire canon.

Any Gatling gun with a firing rate of more than +/- 1000 rds/min sounds like a fart or zipper when firing, due to the rapid succession of shots.

A-10 cannon test (Audio distorted due to poor quality.)