Trailer for Rodriguez and Tarantino's Grindhouse

• 3 months later...
I believe Planet Terror is a Zombie Flick

Zombie Flick + Tarantino = Stylized Autopsies

But maybe he'll find his true calling and only start putting out gore movies instead of the other stuff that he pushs as movies.

*begins to wonder what he could do with a Toxic Avenger remake....* ^_^

Just got back from seeing it and Frackin Loved It

Best 12 bucks I've spent and the most fun I've had at a movie in a while (but I dig Rodriguez and Tarantino flicks like a fat kid digs cake) So if you don't like movies by either of these directors, then go see The Reaping, Are We Done Yet or Wild Hogs instead :lol:

I liked Rodriguez's Planet Terror more than Tarantino's Death Proof, but as a total package it was definitely worth the Price of Admission.

Planet Terror - what can I say? Gore, hot broads, bullets, and did I mention Gore?

Death Proof was a bit wordy and it was a little slow in the beginning, but the car chase scene at the end made up for it.

The Faux trailers were awesome too. Machete, Wolfgirls of the SS, Don't and Thanksgiving all helped make it a complete Grindhouse experience. Ironically I saw the movie in a really nice theater, but I'm planning on seeing it again, so maybe I'll catch it at a dive.

If you go see it, keep an eye out for nods to Pulp Fiction and Kill Bill. I'm sure there were some nods to some of Rodriguez's flicks but I've seen Pulp Fiction and Kill Bill multiple times so...

So, suspend your disbelief, check your brain in at the door and don't drink a 32 oz drink ;)

Went last night and overall I enjoyed them both. I liked Planet Terror quite a bit more than Death Proof. I expect Tarantino's films to be heavy on the dialogue, but the inane crap the girls were going on and on about in Death Proof was truly aweful, and the zoomed-in shots of the chick fiddling with her text messages just drove me insane. I guess they were too true-to-life for me to handle. :p After a few minutes of the first set of girls I was so hoping that they'd all get waxed (and they did!). The second set of girls weren't quite as annoying, but honestly I was hoping to see Stuntman Mike finish them all off, too.

I think my favorite part of the whole double-feature was the "missing reel" cut in Planet Terror that made the film go from love scene to the entire BBQ joint in massive flames with no hint of what happened in between. For some reason I found that hilarious.

Oh, and the fake trailer with Nick Cage as Fu Manchu really got a cackle out of me. Very unexpected.

Edited by eriku

Just saw it with my wife and we loved it.

I enjoyed Planet Terror much more than Death Proof, as eriku mentioned Tarantino's movie is pretty wordy.

It was good to see Michael Biehn in a movie again!

Loved the trailer for Machete. I would have gone to see that had Rodriguez made it into a movie. :D

Thanksgiving trailer had me hurting in a certain spot... :p

Here are some of the nods to other Tarantino films I caught.

In Planet Terror, when El Wray goes to the Bone Shack for the first time, JT gives him a pack of "Red Apple" cigarettes. The same brand Butch Coolidge (Bruce Willis) asks the bartender for at Marsellus Wallace's bar.

After the first car wreck in Death Proof, Earl McGraw and Son Number One from Kill Bill question Dakota Block about Stuntman Mike's injuries.

When Zoe, Abernathy, Kim and Lee go to look at the Dodge Challenger, the owner Jasper is the same guy who paid Buck for some alone time with The Bride while she seemed comatose.

One of the buddies I saw it with said the bottle of whiskey that Stuntman Mike pours on his bullet wound is the same brand Kurt Russell drank in the The Thing.

anyone catch any other easter eggs?