toys as presents/gifts

kanata67

only time I ever got a toy for a present is one of my anime buddies knew I was watchin Berserk and how much I liked it, they got me a black knight guts figure which I think is very cool. all my other friends don't care for toys and would be way too confused if they tried to get me something.

'Tis not unusual at all. Personally speaking, there's not much else that I can receive as a gift that I could become excited about. And if anyone has a problem with our tastes, then they can go, well, you know.....

The coolest gift I've ever recieved, I just got.

My wife ordered me the Yammie ELINT and Super O for our anniversary. I didn't even ask for it. She went behind me in my emails and online "window shopping" to find out what it was I wanted. She finally found an email I sent to Valk Exchange and the rest is history. Kevin at Valk Exchange can verify this.

Thanks Kev!

Thats awesome! *now how can i get my gf to do that... hmmm*

:D:D:D

With all the Macross stuff in the room, my family would think I'm nuts to ask for more from them. I'm not married, so no wife to share my insanity and I wouldn't ask my friends for them cos' they're rather expensive and they wouldn't want to get it themselves, they don't know what I've already have. Prefer to get them myself, for the joy :p and the guilt :(

Hi there,

Sad to say i havent received any birthday or christmas gifts for years. Usually i splurge on toys or models based on the amount i set aside each month, while the rest goes to savings and daily transportation and food expenses. My parents always give me the puzzled look asking "At this age you shouldnt be wasting money on toys but save for the future" I told them "This is what i always wanted since young but was then unable to afford, so please let me indulge in my hobbies abit" Im lucky and fortunate to have met my current fiancee living in Hong Kong, she shares my passions and interests, above all we are very much in love! :p She always gets me Macross toys on my birthdays, valentine's day and christmas, but i always go with her while in Hong Kong to choose the toy as she doesnt possess the knowledge or experience to check the toys for quality issues. So am i lucky? You bet i am, having both my first loves, toys and soon wife to be.

Cheers

I usallly ask for toys from some of my friends and most of them are pretty good about getting the right things if it's easy but mostly they just get me other stuff like DVDs. My friends are cool though about hooking me up with stuff. I got a Super Ostrich for my b-day in Sept.