VF-17A custom art

grebo guru

Here's a nice single-laser'ed version of the Nightmare. I scanned the high-detail VF-17S Battroid art from "Macross 7 Animation Materials" and added on a b&w version of the head from page 18 of "Shoji Kawamori Macross Design Works." Came out alright, I think. I haven't bothered coloring it, since the VF-17's color scheme is pretty well set and this headswap wouldn't be any reason to change it.

Grebo!

post-4460-1163363776_thumb.jpg

Here's a nice single-laser'ed version of the Nightmare. I scanned the high-detail VF-17S Battroid art from "Macross 7 Animation Materials" and added on a b&w version of the head from page 18 of "Shoji Kawamori Macross Design Works." Came out alright, I think. I haven't bothered coloring it, since the VF-17's color scheme is pretty well set and this headswap wouldn't be any reason to change it.

Grebo!

The VF-17... the only VF that should never tranform out of Battroid mode... :p

Thanks for the compliment, Kensei! It's nice to know my projects are appreciated. :)

And yes, Knight26, that is (pretty much) a VF-17 head. The image I lifted it from is a rough design for the VF-17, and the design is quite similar -- even down to the colors. As for the laser's position, I imagine that it could swing forward like the laser on the VF-1A can. Perhaps I should add in a few details to make that more apparent...

Grebo

Thanks for the compliment, Kensei! It's nice to know my projects are appreciated. :)

And yes, Knight26, that is (pretty much) a VF-17 head. The image I lifted it from is a rough design for the VF-17, and the design is quite similar -- even down to the colors. As for the laser's position, I imagine that it could swing forward like the laser on the VF-1A can. Perhaps I should add in a few details to make that more apparent...

Grebo

I thought most of the later Valk's head lasers were supposed to be used for anti-missile/chase armament anyway, or at least that's the impression I always got from the designs.

Sure, they are, but in Battroid mode they've still got a lot of utility when fired forward (IMO anyway).

I thought most of the later Valk's head lasers were supposed to be used for anti-missile/chase armament anyway, or at least that's the impression I always got from the designs.

Happy thanksgiving, everyone (well, in the USA, anyway). Today I finished off the VF-17J, the VF-17's gunpod, and the VF-17T (no Sound Force version). Enjoy!

Is that the "T" or "B". "D" version...?

Typically the Trainers are brightly painted in orange and tan colors...

Ahhh, I've been wanting to do this one for a while... A more orthodox configuration for the VF-17's gerwalk mode. It works in the VF-X games, so I just hadda do it.

EDIT: May as well throw in the fighter mode while I'm at it! Annnd... hmmm... I guess I should do a version of the gerwalk mode holding the gunpod.

EDIT 2: I noticed a couple of small errors on the Fighter-mode image, so I fixed it and reposted.

post-4460-1164360496_thumb.jpg

post-4460-1164400677_thumb.jpg

Edited by grebo guru

Ahhh, I've been wanting to do this one for a while... A more orthodox configuration for the VF-17's gerwalk mode. It works in the VF-X games, so I just hadda do it.

EDIT: May as well throw in the fighter mode while I'm at it! Annnd... hmmm... I guess I should do a version of the gerwalk mode holding the gunpod.

Yeah, your GERWALK is much more pallatable than SK's... (that should get a few combustable comments from the Kawamori minions... :p )

Edited by Zinjo

Yes, technically that'd be the VF-17D. A trainer would be colored differently and not be armed.

Well the "D" is a two seater ECM configured fighter while the "B" is the two seater bomber type of attack fighter IRC, though I could be wrong about the "B".

Edited by Zinjo

Uhm, are you guys still talking about the VF-17

If so the -17D is the same model that Gamlin piloted, the -17T is the trainer model that has two seats. And I don't think there is a -17B model, let me check the compendium.

Here - VF-17A: First mass produced version.

VF-17C: Version with improved avionics.

VF-17D: Mass produced version currently in UN Spacy service. Two head-turret-mounted rear anti-aircraft laser guns and improved FF-2100X engines.

VF-17S: Version assigned to team leaders. Four head-turret-mounted rear anti-aircraft laser guns and improved engines.

VF-17T: Two-seater trainer version.

VF-17T Custom: One VF-17T was customized by the Macross 7 Special Technologies Group with internal sound system and speaker launcher pod.

Great looking art by the way Grebo.

Yeah, your GERWALK is much more pallatable than SK's... (that should get a few combustable comments from the Kawamori minions... :p )
Heh!!! Thanks very much for the compliment, Zinjo. I'm glad you like it.
Uhm, are you guys still talking about the VF-17?
Well, keep in mind, Brisco, that I'm looking at all these VFs from the POV of a Macross RPG I'm gonna run. It'll be a little bit different than canon Macross, in that it will incorporate elements from both "Kawamori" continuity and Macross II continuity.
If so the -17D is the same model that Gamlin piloted, the -17T is the trainer model that has two seats. And I don't think there is a -17B model, let me check the compendium.
Oh, it's OK, I know I'm clashing with the compendium. Again, for the purposes of my RPG, I'm unifying the lettering system for all VFs, based on that used in SDFM: A = general-issue (1 head gun), D = two-seater (0 or 2 guns), J = junior officer (2 guns), S = squadron leader (3 or 4 guns).
Great looking art by the way Grebo.
Thank you. I really appreciate it. :)

Oh, and while I'm here: Battroid-mode Super Nightmares! B))

post-4460-1164400290_thumb.jpg

post-4460-1164400310_thumb.jpg

post-4460-1164400335_thumb.jpg

Edited by grebo guru

Heh!!! Thanks very much for the compliment, Zinjo. I'm glad you like it.Well, keep in mind, Brisco, that I'm looking at all these VFs from the POV of a Macross RPG I'm gonna run. It'll be a little bit different than canon Macross, in that it will incorporate elements from both "Kawamori" continuity and Macross II continuity.Oh, it's OK, I know I'm clashing with the compendium. Again, for the purposes of my RPG, I'm unifying the lettering system for all VFs, based on that used in SDFM: A = general-issue (1 head gun), D = two-seater (0 or 2 guns), J = junior officer (2 guns), S = squadron leader (3 or 4 guns).Thank you. I really appreciate it. :)

Oh, and while I'm here: Battroid-mode Super Nightmares! B))

Ah, okay, those look really good to.

Uhm, are you guys still talking about the VF-17

VF-17D: Mass produced version currently in UN Spacy service. Two head-turret-mounted rear anti-aircraft laser guns and improved FF-2100X engines.

Well that is a departure from the intial lettering system established in SDFM, however SK has already stated he isn't into inflexibly strict adherence to established continuity with respect to Macross projects.

Considering he introduced the "B" version in Macross Zero which was also a two seater.

Edited by Zinjo

Well, if you don't like the Super Nightmare, you'll hate these pictures! ;) Buuuuut, here they are anyway.

On the contrary, the Super fighter looks pretty good. :p

The over shoulder strike cannons just don't work for me...

What would be very cool is that if those mini missiles were able to launch out of the ports at the top of the leg covers while in fighter mode, similar to how the fast packs worked in SDFM! B))

Edited by Zinjo

Kensei, that's a fallicy.

It can and indeed does transform into different modes, without the need to eject the FAST packs. Grebo's post above is proof. Yes, he added colour, but the line-art is all authentic. Aside from the FAST packs on in battroid, one of the smaller images in the fighter picture details how the FAST packs move from the wings to the legs when it transforms.

PS the VF-22 Sturmvogel has the most firepower.

Edited by sketchley