No more Hasegawa Macross models?

Fatalist

So whats with the dry spell of new Hasegawa models? Did they let the license run out and not renew it? Whatever happened to a VF-11 etc?

The Hasegawa VF-11 was never anything more than rumor and speculation.

Though I am curious what they're going to do next, now that they've finished sucking Macross Zero dry...

Did they ever have the Macross Plus or Macross 7 rights? I don't think so. What they did have is the rights to the VF-X2 game. There are a couple more kits that they could release from that - but the chance of that happening is slim, as they have probably already felt that there won't be enough market demand to justify the investments needed to produce the remaining kits. Which kits am I referring to? VF-17, VA-3M, VB-6, etc..

Yes, Hasegawa produced the YF-19, YF-21, and the VF-22 Max "limited edition". The first two can still be found for sale and the 22 was rereleased about three months ago.

Did they ever have the Macross Plus or Macross 7 rights? I don't think so. What they did have is the rights to the VF-X2 game. There are a couple more kits that they could release from that - but the chance of that happening is slim, as they have probably already felt that there won't be enough market demand to justify the investments needed to produce the remaining kits. Which kits am I referring to? VF-17, VA-3M, VB-6, etc..

They havnt done a SV-51 Battroid.....YET

Oh snap, I hope they do make a battroid. I was thinking of getting the fighter version of the SV-51, how hard is it to build? I'm only used to MG Gundams so everything snaps into place, are the Hasegawa straight paint and gluem models, I'm really bad and gluing. :angry:

I think it was on starship modeler referring to Hasegawa kits “just and glue and paint, shake, pour out a finished modelâ€.

I really like building their aircraft models plus the paint charts are excellent.

I doubt that there would be any problems.

Oh snap, I hope they do make a battroid. I was thinking of getting the fighter version of the SV-51, how hard is it to build? I'm only used to MG Gundams so everything snaps into place, are the Hasegawa straight paint and gluem models, I'm really bad and gluing. :angry:

The SV is a touch harder than the VF-0 but still a very easy build. The worse seam issue is where the fuselage halves meet up with the nose cone halves. Here's a build up review.