Starblazers

Steve68

Considering how hard it is to find a woman who looks like the french actress who inspired all of Matsumoto's "hot" females (note he does have a couple other archetypes that aren't as), especially one who would be the right age...and speak Japanese, I'd say they did a damn fine job.

Edited by Keith

Considering how hard it is to find a woman who looks like the french actress who inspired all of Matsumoto's "hot" females (not he oes have a couple other archetypes that aren't as), especially one who would be the right age...and speak Japanese, I'd say they did a damn fine job.

Agreed.

I wonder who's going to play Starsha, though...if she's even in the movie (she's not listed in the credits at Japanese Wikipedia, and oddly, neither is Okita).

Credits probably just aren't complete yet, also, I nominate Mika Doi!

You know, It's pissing me off, but I can't remember what movie it was. A few years ago, I caught a movie in the middle of the night on cable, probably from the 80's, possibly late 70's, true story about a writer who went to France, and it had an actress who looked just like the Matsumoto archetype, with dark hair. I'll be damned if I can remember what movie it was though.

I may be remembering wrong about the inspiration though, as a quick search brought me this, I don't eve remember where I heard the french actress thing, but this origin is equally cool.

301m.JPG

http://www.starblazers.com/html.php?page_id=301

Edited by Keith

(Neither is Desslar, for that matter. He'd BETTER be in the movie!)

That will be the trickiest thing in the movie to get right. How the Gamilons look. Hopefully they follow the TV series model and have them pretty human with minor differences, it would never work if they were but-eyed monsters.

Taksraven

That will be the trickiest thing in the movie to get right. How the Gamilons look. Hopefully they follow the TV series model and have them pretty human with minor differences, it would never work if they were but-eyed monsters.

Taksraven

Some dude painted blue would also probably kinda suck.

Some dude painted blue would also probably kinda suck.

How about a blue Kevin Spacy - haha!!

Sorry to come to this party late, but are we talking about this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ONkh786EbSg ?

Edited by wm cheng

What they should do is just add ridges to their foreheads, give them their own guttural language and then revise the timeline during the inevitable tv/cartoon series spinoff...

I say make them blue, it worked for the blue man group, it'll work for the Gamilus.

I'm inclined to say make them blue anyway. Why not? Just not too dark or bright a blue, just make it slightly off normal human skin.

Taksraven

The real question, will Sanada have artificial limb bombs!

Thinking about it though, I wonder how they'll trim the story down. I'm hoping they focus on Domel & Desslor as the main baddies.

Edited by Keith

The real question, will Sanada have artificial limb bombs!

Thinking about it though, I wonder how they'll trim the story down. I'm hoping they focus on Domel & Desslor as the main baddies.

Depends on how much of the story you want to tell. I think that the entire first season in a single film is suicidal. Then the question would be what sort of a cliffhanger would you want to end it on and would a second film be a certainty?

Taksraven

I don't think the blue skin of the Gamilons will be a problem. The make-up jobs for the Andorians in Star Trek worked pretty well, I think.

Don't forget a much more recent super hot green chick in the new ST movie.

Don't forget a much more recent super hot green chick in the new ST movie.

Would have been hotter without the green shite on her, eeewwwwww.

Taksraven

Oh my Gosh,

Can someone please tell me this is real or fan made?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZhH2gpIDLCU...feature=related

It looks so awesome and wondering if it is a scense from Space Battleship Yamato 12-12 or the LAM or just fan made.

I apologise for this tidbit but Robotech has and never will have anything on Space Battleship Yamato/Star Blazers!

Laters,

Pete

Oh my Gosh,

It looks so awesome and wondering if it is a scense from Space Battleship Yamato 12-12 or the LAM or just fan made.

I apologise for this tidbit but Robotech has and never will have anything on Space Battleship Yamato/Star Blazers!

Laters,

Pete

Looks fannish to me, but I know nothing.

Taksraven

Oh my Gosh,

Laters,

Pete

It's from a PC game.

It's from a PC game.

Thanks,I heard of a PS2 game out there too and kind of hoped it made it here to U.S. and suddenly I envy you folks who speaks Japanese :( and those who has a PC

Nice vid clip either way.