UltraPin system.

KingNor

This is what I have been working on at my job, thought some of you here might be into it. If you have any questions let me know, i dont' want it to seem like i'm trying to sell it here (i'm not) i just thought you guys might be intrested since it's a cool new arcade game :-)

post-309-1160163293_thumb.jpg

we have a full tilt system in this. you nudge the table and the correct amount of ball motion shows up in-game

not like a button tilt system, you actually can pick up the machine and the ball will roll to the back, its rad-cool

the doll is rudy from funhouse. hes' a creepy guy

Beat me to it. Have a hotdog! Rudy is a sadistic little feller :D. I don't know exactly how much money I've spent playing that table, but I bet it would buy a Yamato 1/48 or two...

BTW KingNor, is this VPinmame based?

Edited by Hiriyu

Have you played alot of Vpin?

Yes, and it is awesome (your table is even awesomer). I have a HotRodSE controller which has the nice pinball flipper/coin up buttons, which works great for my limited uses. I mainly play the late 80s/early 90s tables which you don't find in arcades anymore, like Funhouse, PartyZone, T2, Gilligan's Isle, etc.

Just curious, but are you guys licensing the ROMs/software? I'm not going to run out and blab on you or anything, just curious.

KingNor, I guess my next question is: Do you have a software-only distro that you guys are willing to sell licenses for? It's probably not within my current budget to buy your table, but I'm sure that I could swing the money for the inner-workings :p Inquiring minds would like to know.

Edit - jenius, if it is supported in VPinmame, my guess is that it should be supported by KingNor & Co's hardware.

Edited by Hiriyu

jenius, we could definately run those games, but we need to get licensing to use these "thrid party games." In time i am sure the star trek and indiana jones games will be something we'll go after. (thats more the buisness end, i'm more of just an artist)

I'll ask on monday which third party games we're shooting for first though.

Hiriyu: This thing is being designed for the arcade and there isn't a home version yet, though at some point an updated verson of our VP engine (with lots of improvements) will be released from GVR (thats where i work "Global VR"). That will be free but won't support our tilting function (which is uber cool) and won't be able to run our commercial versions of the tables, you'd have to create or download versions that fans have made.

You can get more info at www.vpforums.com if you want, we've been working pretty close with those guys. (do a search for "UltraPin")

Edited by KingNor

I know nothing about Vpin, in fact, this is the first I've ever heard about it. I am a bit of a pinball fanatic though (I did a lot of growing up in bars :) ). Star Trek and Indian Jones were among my favorites as well as many others I'm sure.

Now for the next logical question, if these things are really cool video game simulations of pinball machines... why doesn't someone whip up a Macross pinball machine program?? That'd be SCHWEET. Heck, you could probably do it by just changing graphic and sound calls to an existing design framework. For example, with Star Trek, replace the disc of the Enterprise with a Spacy Kite and change the super simple episodes to be Macross related.... oooh if only I could program...

Thanks for the info KingNor. What you guys are doing is very cool.

For any of the doubters out there, the combination of VP (Virtual Pinball) and VPMAME (Virtual Pinball Multiple Arcade Machine Emulator) are an outstanding effort to replicate the original experience of gaming at a real arcade pinball table. They feature very realistic and lifelike representation of the original tables, and I can tell you firsthand that they work very well. This is not "video pinball" as you know it!

Yeah Virtual Pinball / VPMAME is cool. As good as the free version is though, i hope you get a chance to play UltraPin Hiriyu, it's head and shoulders above the free version :-)

gerwalk, you live in roughly the same area as me (bay area). I'll let you know when the machine is going to be out for field test, and where. I'd be honored of some MW people played it and gave feed back.

That's cool! You've even got Black Knight in there!!! I remember playing that and 8-Ball, Pinbot, FunHouse, & Firepower ages ago. Medieval Madness & F-14 sound familiar; I'm sure I'd recognize them if I saw them.

Uh... stupid question: do arcades still exist outside of Nickel City or Dave & Buster's? Will it go into pizza parlors or something?

Neat idea - I'd love to try it out sometime! :)

• 2 weeks later...

Well for anyone who's intrested the game is on location here:

George and Waltz

5445 College Ave

Oakland, CA 94618

(510) 653-7441

For beta-testing.

If anyone is in the area you should check it out, I'd love to hear what you guys think of it. :-)