Another PG I just finished

Sebastian

hi guys. I am almost done with this PG strike Guncrap. Too bad the pics are not very good, the light killed all the very light weathering I made so it looks pretty much plane, still you can see some of the grey shades... not all (specially on the chest). at the beggining I wanted to make a deactive Strike gundam, but I eneded doing a low vis scheme. I took a lot of time sanding all the pieces and I got some custom decals... they are SO much better than the supplied stickers!!

so guys, is it nice, is it not? :unsure:

[attachmentid=37064]

post-389-1159859097_thumb.jpg

post-389-1159859154_thumb.jpg

post-389-1159859194_thumb.jpg

post-389-1159859216_thumb.jpg

post-389-1159859242_thumb.jpg

post-389-1159859272_thumb.jpg

post-389-1159859298_thumb.jpg

really nice! I like seeing 'realistic' paint schemes on gundams. how much were the custom decals and can you get MG decals too? How about custom decals for other PG kits like the zaku?

Great work. I really like the choice of colors and the clean look of the mecha. I've been a little bored looking at weathered mecha for a while. It's nice to see this put together so well. That metallic grey looks sharp! The mixture of tones and colors is visually stunning. You've really put some effort into a complimenting palette.

Edited by Mr March

{snip!}

so guys, is it nice, is it not? :unsure:

[attachmentid=37064]

Verra nice. B)) My only nitpick is the chest decal, as it seems a tad flashy IMHO.

Any chance you'll be doing a "build-up" article on this? (hint hint! ^_^ )

Edited by godfather

Thanks for the comments guys. I said It ios more a low vis because there is a lot of parts I painted in different shades of grey intead of leaving them in white, now if the "phase shift armor" is ever activated on this model, then it will look like a real clown. Dont forget the base colors are Red, Blue and yellow (argh!). So I prefer to think it is NOT a Deactive mode : )

On the other hand the lighting was really bad wen I took the pictures and it totally killed the soft weathering I made, I wanted a clean model but still a real looking one, so pics dont make much jusice to the kit.

Guppy. I got the decals in a local hobby shop, they have lots and lots of what I think are repros of the Wave Macross decals sets, lots of custom decal sets (mostly for Gundam models in 1/100 scales) and a few in 1/60. I remember they only have the strike for now. Next time I will check and let you know if they have some Zaku Decals.

Godfather. Nope no built up article, I dont have the bulding process pics, but I remember Noel (Black Aces) ever made a very nice built up article on a PG Stike.

and thanks for your comments Mr. March.

• 5 months later...

i just recently bought a pg strike kit.. and trying to figure out which spray cans to use (doing the donnychen's step by step build up), but i'm not sure which ones to choose from. Any suggestions? maybe commission work instead for someone to build it ;)