Why did Yamato make the Hikaru 1J -

GutsAndCasca

Well the VF-1J is capable of having fast packs and if they didn't make one with fast packs people would be saying "Where's my VF-1J Hikaru TV with fast packs?" They make DYRL VF-1J but I don't recall one every being shown.

Anyway, I'd rather have new color schemes like when they release Low-Vis and whatnot.

By the way, did they actually release an Enigma color scheme or are all of those custom paint jobs?

Actually, in DYRL at the beginning of the film there is a VF1J (white, hikaru looking) in GBP armor that lets loose a volley of missiles. But, I wasn't aware that Yamato released a DYRL VF1J. Details? ^_^

Hmmmm, now i want a '2' green arrow stickers for my CF. :(

NUUU!!!!!! I am INCOMPLETE!!!! *hair fizzles*

actually it'd be '4' stickers we'd need to make an accurate one that is pictured? erm i have to check.

Behold the awful truth: collecting Macross is a lifelong endeavor. *sighs and stares at his empty wallet*

My super-stealth came with TV hands. (And the chicken hands.) And I checked, and it was indeed in DYRL - it was just so stealth that you can't actually see it. :D (The 1J stealth is standing right next to Hikaru's 1S at the end when he salutes Misa before he flies off to give some love to 'Dolza. Pretty stealthy, eh?)

*heads back down to the methadone clinic*

My super-stealth came with TV hands. (And the chicken hands.) And I checked, and it was indeed in DYRL - it was just so stealth that you can't actually see it. :D (The 1J stealth is standing right next to Hikaru's 1S at the end when he salutes Misa before he flies off to give some love to 'Dolza. Pretty stealthy, eh?)

*heads back down to the methadone clinic*

Wow! All these years and I never saw it there. That IS stealthy

If it comes with DYRL fast packs and DYRL hands then it is a DYRL design unless you use the TV hands... damn bubble hands.

By the way, you actually see the Stealth throughout movie. If you look really close at some of the explosions in the distance scene you can see that the Stealth was the one that fired the missiles. You'll know it because the Stealth Valkyries are the shade of black as the background.

Edited by Mephistopheles

If it comes with DYRL fast packs and DYRL hands then it is a DYRL design unless you use the TV hands... damn bubble hands.

Ahhhh yes, but it also has the TV style forearms. The confusion continues :p

By the way, you actually see the Stealth throughout movie. If you look really close at some of the explosions in the distance scene you can see that the Stealth was the one that fired the missiles. You'll know it because the Stealth Valkyries is the shade of black as the background.

So stealthy

Hey haterist, let clear this up. Cause the 1J was subcontracted by another company, the forearms as well as the head design are a result? IN the macross universe I mean.

Edited by kensei

Hey haterist, let clear this up. Cause the 1J was subcontracted by another company, the forearms as well as the head design are a result? IN the macross universe I mean.

AFAIK, theres no definitive answer to the reason why.

for a long time, i used to be under the impression that there was such a thing as TV syle arms but after years of deliberation(yes this topic comes up that often people lol!)the only "TV style arms" that exist are strictly on the 1J. obvously in the TV show, you see the 1J all over the place but you never see a 1J(armorless) in DYRL so its impossible to say with absolute certainy.

i tried to watch several TV episodes to see if there were "TV arms" on any of the other valks but didn't see anything. this is all from my observation so i could simply be wrong, but so far

1J = band going around

1S/A = nothing or stripe going down.

So what is my super-stealth then? The bast-rd son of DYRL and SDF Macross? Does he even have his own identity? How am I, no, how is he supposed to feel about this? Oh and meph is right - in the back ground in DYRL, those really ARE super stealths causing all those explosions. :)

I would say Super Stealth = DYRL because of the DYRL FP if that makes any sense. Strike Cannons might or might not have existed in the tv series if you go only by what your eyes see. (and not by the rule of: DYRL designs are canon and tv series design is non-existent. eg Exedol with hair in SWI when he is supposed to be bald as seen in macross 7)

Using the "TV series design is non-existent" rule, that would mean people might have actually had strike cannon since you could say that the primitive valk that used the old cockpit, the flight suit etc in the tv series were not the "real ones". Only the story/events themselves were real, and that the designs were just "placeholder" (can change) to make it easy on artists or whatever.

If they remade the tv series and decided to mix tv series story with DYRL designs (or even just have both tv series and DYRL designs in the same show as the valkyrie gradually undergoes changes during the war) then they could clear up confusion.

Have 1J with stripes horizontal and tv series cockpit, and then later versions of 1J with vertical stripes. heh

Have super valkryies given to ace pilots first, then later as they become more common, CF gets all the FP while the best get the strike cannon. etc Eventually post SW1 VF-1 becomes outdated and vf4 is the norm. Both a non-transformable version and a later transformable version. etc and so on. (no waste, and it would allow them to cash in on as many designs as they can)

Same thing with enemies: I like the green Qrau over the yucky purple ones. Keep green and don't chuck it out, just make the DYRL one a seperate version. (with the insides of the mecha changing over time)

Edited by 1/1 LowViz Lurker

The Stealth Valkyrie appears in the TV SDF - Macross. It is in the Deadulus Attack episode when Hikaru is flying through the ice. You see, most people thought you were just watching Hikaru's Valkyrie flying through the ice the entire time however it was actually the Stealth VF-1J. The reason why everyone thinks that it was Hikaru's VF-1J is because that is what the story was focusing on prior to them showing the Stealth VF-1J. They thought it was just Hikaru in the shade but as it turns out it is just a random cameo scene for the Stealth that is poorly placed. The story never mentioned the Stealth at any time so nobody had any reason to believe that it was a different Valkyrie. Well, now Yamato has cleared that misconception up with their Stealth VF-1J model.

Or in other words: yamato want to cash in on as many variant repaints of the same thing like any other toy company! :D

Next release:

Grey GBP Armor for the low vis I. Used in the defence of an optically camoflaged carrier (using recycled anti-gravity parts) floating in the clouds during Space War I. (which was destroyed in the rain of death so you didn't get a chance to see it amidst all the destruction) /joke

We didn't see vf0 until 20 years after seeing the original tv series right? So anything is possible. Who knew that un spacy had more advanced looking valks than vf1 before SW I?

Edited by 1/1 LowViz Lurker

Or in other words: yamato want to cash in on as many variant repaints of the same thing like any other toy company! :D

Next release:

Grey GBP Armor for the low vis I. Used in the defence of an optically camoflaged carrier (using recycled anti-gravity parts) floating in the clouds during Space War I. (which was destroyed in the rain of death so you didn't get a chance to see it amidst all the destruction) /joke

We didn't see vf0 until 20 years after seeing the original tv series right? So anything is possible. Who knew that un spacy had more advanced looking valks than vf1 before SW I?

Well blocky robots were cool back in the eighties. I'd like to see how Kawamori would design the VF-1 now.

The Stealth Valkyrie appears in the TV SDF - Macross. It is in the Deadulus Attack episode when Hikaru is flying through the ice. You see, most people thought you were just watching Hikaru's Valkyrie flying through the ice the entire time however it was actually the Stealth VF-1J. The reason why everyone thinks that it was Hikaru's VF-1J is because that is what the story was focusing on prior to them showing the Stealth VF-1J. They thought it was just Hikaru in the shade but as it turns out it is just a random cameo scene for the Stealth that is poorly placed. The story never mentioned the Stealth at any time so nobody had any reason to believe that it was a different Valkyrie. Well, now Yamato has cleared that misconception up with their Stealth VF-1J model.

A-ha! Thanks for clearing that up.

:rolleyes: Guys don't encourage Yamato to make all there is out there.

Next thing you know, we'll have a Max and Millia Arcade Game Colour VF-1As.

You know mate, that would be filth.

Make them soughta like holographic reds and blue respectively.

Kinda like the plastic is clear, see-through.. hmmm... :ph34r: hmmmm.. DO IT YAMATO! Awesome. :D

Yeh good one Kensei, sure we don't want them. :p:rolleyes:

Edited by ruskiiVFaussie