1/60 Vf-1 Redux

Scream Man

I probably would not get them, for the same reason I am skipping thye toynami 1/100 line. I already have these in 1/48 and don't want to display the same toy in all different scales. Most of my 1/60s are packed away except for the Elint, Ostrich and 1D - which will also go in boxes when the 1/48 versions come out

• 3 weeks later...

With the number of 1/48s I have I may not be soo into the line but if it looks really nice I may pick at least 1 each.

And everyone thought I lacked self control. :lol:

1/48 Or bust! Everything should be a managable 30 - 33 cm.

Yes! Definitely. SO many of the 1/48 improvements can be scaled down, from the telescoping feet to the airbrake to the basic transformation. Make the swing-bar and the thrice-damned BP-7 and BP-8 joint metal and the existing 1/48 design would work scaled down.

Due to the space savings, I would definitely buy 2 or 3 CF and another Roy and Hikaru. They can then do a Regult and Glaug and I could cash in one of my IRA's. :lol:

Edited by Uxi

everybody is talking about incorparating the most rediculous 1/48 designs

the only feasable option that won't fall apart if you so much as look at it

would be the telescopic feet

any idea how thin a swaybar like the 1/48 would be in 1/60?

or how to get it to lock inside the nose (the pegs you fold in on the nose of the 1/48

are tiny and almost impossible to get out even at their current scale)

integrated heatshield? maybe, but still flimsy and prone to braking off

I'd love to see the "Yamato's lousy QC" topics if they were to redesign the

1/60's the way people described here

I'd buy them only if they used CAD CAM, and redesigned the bulbous canopy and low hanging shoulders of the 1/48.

I'll never get bored of the VF-1, but I can't afford to be a completist or waste money on mediocre toy lines.

Dude, you are now my best friend forever.

I haven't bought a single 1/48. When they do what Ghostryder said, I'm all over it.