Cyclones By Aoishima

The 1/15 scale is like, 5 inches tallish... I've got the Imai one still in the box, planning on doing the same thing you want to do someday.  That or I'll break down and do a super-posable and detailed Gakken instead.

426693[/snapback]

Here is a couple of pics from the 1/15 scale. i been trying to finish this for weeks but don't have the chance to. I need to do more details and other more stuff.

post-3380-1156107320_thumb.jpg

post-3380-1156107337_thumb.jpg

post-3380-1156107414_thumb.jpg

The 1/15 scale is like, 5 inches tallish... I've got the Imai one still in the box, planning on doing the same thing you want to do someday.  That or I'll break down and do a super-posable and detailed Gakken instead.

426693[/snapback]

Here is a couple of pics from the 1/15 scale. i been trying to finish this for weeks but don't have the chance to. I need to do more details and other more stuff.

426744[/snapback]

Actually, that's the 1/12 scale model, and it stands roughly 7" tall in "armor" mode.

426693[/snapback]

426744[/snapback]

Ya your right it is capt its a 1/12 scale here are more pics of a touch-ups done to the kit.

post-3380-1156222246_thumb.jpg

post-3380-1156222267_thumb.jpg

post-3380-1156222285_thumb.jpg

post-3380-1156234852_thumb.jpg

post-3380-1156234876_thumb.jpg

post-3380-1156234901_thumb.jpg

Edited by SILVERDRAGON

Is it just me or do the figures seem to be of a larger scale than the Cylones in these model kits and even the Gakken toy? It's almost as if the Cyclone parts shrink down quite a bit to form the armor around the rider during the transformation in the anime. The transformation seems to use ALOT of "anime magic" to make the Cyclone armor look compact in the ride-armor mode, but it expands to look larger in bike mode to accomodate two riders. The armored boots the riders wear also seem to expand quite a bit in girth to support the rider with the armor on, but shrink down when the riders are riding the bike, so their legs can straddle the sides of the bike. Anyone who has seen the large scale transforming Gakken Cyclone toy/models knows how silly the rider looks on the bike because the bike just seems too small and his boots are too big. I can't see how a fully-proportional transforming toy/model of the Cyclone could be made without alot of parts swapping.

hello guys thanks for the replies,was thinking of using a frame from the mg gundam to do up the figure.. well should be okay right ? any sugestions?

427099[/snapback]

Only if you're going to handcraft the armour.

The MG Gundam skeleton is too large for the Aoshima models. Although the transformed figures are around 7 inches tall, and close to MG Gundam size, the base figure that rides the Cyclone is only 6 inches and too small for the frame. Transformation include extending the legs and feet, and removing the head, so that would have to be incorporated into the frame.

No doubt it could be done, but you'd be looking at a lot of work, and a lot of customization to make larger armour and modify the frame, and in the end it would be out of proportion with the motorcycle.

It would be simpler to look into some Wave option kits to add better articulation to the base figure's joints.

Is it just me or do the figures seem to be of a larger scale than the Cylones in these model kits and even the Gakken toy? It's almost as if the Cyclone parts shrink down quite a bit to form the armor around the rider during the transformation in the anime. The transformation seems to use ALOT of "anime magic" to make the Cyclone armor look compact in the ride-armor mode, but it expands to look larger in bike mode to accomodate two riders. The armored boots the riders wear also seem to expand quite a bit in girth to support the rider with the armor on, but shrink down when the riders are riding the bike, so their legs can straddle the sides of the bike. Anyone who has seen the large scale transforming Gakken Cyclone toy/models knows how silly the rider looks on the bike because the bike just seems too small and his boots are too big.  I can't see how a fully-proportional transforming toy/model of the Cyclone could be made without alot of parts swapping.

427239[/snapback]

There is a TON of anime magic in the Cyclone to get it to look so sleek in armour mode. As for the model, there is some parts swapping, but I don't know what you'd consider "a lot". The forearm weapons have to be moved from the front wheels by hand, and the head has to be removed for the armour to be attached to the top of the figure. I think the hip pieces are simply removed and reattached as well, if memory serves (no guarantees there :p ). Plus, the legs and feet of the figure actually extend to make them larger when in armour mode, so the figure doesn't look out of scale on the cycle. It's actually not bad looking, but lacking in articulation.

Is it just me or do the figures seem to be of a larger scale than the Cylones in these model kits and even the Gakken toy? It's almost as if the Cyclone parts shrink down quite a bit to form the armor around the rider during the transformation in the anime. The transformation seems to use ALOT of "anime magic" to make the Cyclone armor look compact in the ride-armor mode, but it expands to look larger in bike mode to accomodate two riders. The armored boots the riders wear also seem to expand quite a bit in girth to support the rider with the armor on, but shrink down when the riders are riding the bike, so their legs can straddle the sides of the bike. Anyone who has seen the large scale transforming Gakken Cyclone toy/models knows how silly the rider looks on the bike because the bike just seems too small and his boots are too big.  I can't see how a fully-proportional transforming toy/model of the Cyclone could be made without alot of parts swapping.

427239[/snapback]

There is a TON of anime magic in the Cyclone to get it to look so sleek in armour mode. As for the model, there is some parts swapping, but I don't know what you'd consider "a lot". The forearm weapons have to be moved from the front wheels by hand, and the head has to be removed for the armour to be attached to the top of the figure. I think the hip pieces are simply removed and reattached as well, if memory serves (no guarantees there :p ). Plus, the legs and feet of the figure actually extend to make them larger when in armour mode, so the figure doesn't look out of scale on the cycle. It's actually not bad looking, but lacking in articulation.

427312[/snapback]

thanks manz...