China Labor Shortage

Ivan

This isn't something new. It's an ongoing process in the global economy. The production companies will either shift their factories (again, for the nth time) to another country that has low wages, and poor labor laws... or maybe they'll finally face the bullet, and start paying higher wages (like they should.)

Please also note the source of the article - CNN. I have yet to hear or read anything on the BBC, or Japan Times.

Also, take note of where your toys are being made. My Hasegawa and Bandai model boxes say, in English, 'Made in Japan.' What does it say on the Yamato ones?

Also, aren't Macross toys made for fans who don't mind paying a little more for the 'toys'? I don't think this "situation" has much if anything to do with those who purchase Macross Toys. In fact, I think PM Koizumi's visits to Yasukuni Shrine will have a bigger effect...

Yamatos are made in china though aren't they? (look under the wing)

Hopefully the prices for valks don't go up. (maybe toy collectors hoping to sell their collections one day are happy if they do though :D)

If the price gets to unreasonable level maybe they could sell the valks as pieces that you can assemble yourself like a gundam model? Would save so much space too.

Edited by 1/1 LowViz Lurker

I'm surprised.  I think we might see a hike in "political arrests" in China.  Some of the "cheap" labor is prison labor too. - MT

423795[/snapback]

In Italy they are doing that, using the prisoners as telemarketers and also customer service operators.

I just wanted to mention IIRC a product just has to be "final packed" in a country to be allowed to say made in xx country. Years ago I worked for a company who just box packed and their products said made in England on the box even though most of the product was made in eastern Europe.

This isn't something new.  It's an ongoing process in the global economy.  The production companies will either shift their factories (again, for the nth time) to another country that has low wages, and poor labor laws... or maybe they'll finally face the bullet, and start paying higher wages (like they should.)

Please also note the source of the article - CNN.  I have yet to hear or read anything on the BBC, or Japan Times.

Also, take note of where your toys are being made.  My Hasegawa and Bandai model boxes say, in English, 'Made in Japan.'  What does it say on the Yamato ones?

Also, aren't Macross toys made for fans who don't mind paying a little more for the 'toys'?  I don't think this "situation" has much if anything to do with those who purchase Macross Toys.  In fact, I think PM Koizumi's visits to Yasukuni Shrine will have a bigger effect...

423892[/snapback]

Good point. Not only do I detest CNN beyond all description, but I don't believe anything they have to say about anything anymore.