Any Interest In 1/55 Custom Parts Anymore

mslz22

So back in the hayday of the 1/55 i was making some custom parts for the 1/55, mostly for non transformable customs. I have recently begun to want to make a few customs for myself again in the near future and would need to make some new molds for some of the stuff that i want so i thought it may be a good time to see if anyone else is interested in the following stuff......i will post pics if anyone ends up interested...

1/55 custom nontransformable nose, currently i have no pattern that i would be interested in casting but i have done enough converstions that i would be able to quickly put together one with the extended nose, lowered "headlights", other added detail as well as a detailed cockpit area, pilot and a vacformed clear canopy with rails.

1/55 missles with hangers, i resized these from the 1/48 club m kit, the UMM7 and the RMS missles

1/55 nontransformable fighter 1a and 1s heads, these fit better up into the cavity of the nose, also resized from the club m kit.

1/55 custom strike cannon, another resize from the club m kit, fits very nicely onto any jetfire/1/55 armor with little problems.

Colapsed gunpod for fighter mode.

No ideas on price right now, just seeing if there is any interest, but price would be very reasonable.

I will likely make a set of molds for this stuff at some point since i have a dozen jetfire/1/55's laying around, i would likely make multiple molds if there was enough interest.

thanks

mike

Edited by mslz22

OH yeah !!

You are a God.

There`s a whole 1/55 sub comunity here at MW. So I think you`ll have no problems here selling your wares or indeed getting any ideas.

Theres so much going on in the world of the chunky at the mo that I think it should have its own thread folder in the toys section.

All your ideas are spot on, but Im sure you could make some resin and RTV company very rich if you went for all the designs and recasts everyone here will undoubtably sugest.

I could think of a few right now. I`d like to see some hands for one more like the 1/48 clown hands posed into different poses like open hands and the cupped hand for holding the barrel of the GU-11. Ive tried to make them myself but they ended up looking silly more akin to something Kanata would use on his Spawn/Macross hybrids.

OH yeah !!

You are a God.

There`s a whole 1/55 sub comunity here at MW. So I think you`ll have no problems here selling your wares or indeed getting any ideas.

Theres so much going on in the world of the chunky at the mo that I think it should have its own thread folder in the toys section.

All your ideas are spot on, but Im sure you could make some resin and RTV company very rich if you went for all the designs and recasts everyone here will undoubtably sugest.

I could think of a few right now. I`d like to see some hands for one more like the 1/48 clown hands posed into different poses like open hands and the cupped hand for holding the barrel of the GU-11. Ive tried to make them myself but they ended up looking silly more akin to something Kanata would use on his Spawn/Macross hybrids.

420129[/snapback]

Should i start a thread in Toys or would in not be appropriate?

mike

It should be OK, though with the recent news of all the new Yamato stuff, dont be suprised if you get bumped to the second page quickly, that section is just going nuts right now.

420173[/snapback]

Thanks, moved over, if either seems in the wrong place please delete....

mike

AWESOME!!! im am working on a 1/55 VF-1A "Max DYRL" with Strike Armor

and if i could complete the custom with Missels that would be awesome ill send you a pm!!

right on mslz22 you da man!! :D

• 2 months later...

I am always interested in 1/55 parts. I am building a house with a third garage bay so I will have a dedicated 1/55 customization facility. :)

Come March I will be ramping up production of my customs. I have no idea why other than the fact that I love them.

:)

hmmm... missles are always good. I need to start recasting stuff myself. anybody else doing 1/55 work is wonderful in my book. one day when I have some free time you will all get to see how disturing 1/55 custums can be :blink::p

long live the 1/55

only 4 to go

Edited by kanata67

I am building a house with a third garage bay so I will have a dedicated 1/55 customization facility. :)

Ahhhhhh!!!!!!! mmmmmmmmmmm!!!!! Dreams of such a thing...... Or moving in nextdoor to Skull-1 :D:o

Edited by big F

Things to consider. I'm working on making a 1/55 scale mini-missle launcher with the styrene I bought. As well as the foot swivel mod. What would be cool, is, I used to have a 1/55 nose with detailed cockpit, clear canopy, and all that. But I'd like to get another one. It had the antannae on the nose, lowered hip connectors, and a openable canopy. Does anyone know who makes that? Right now, Razor X has it, would anyone be interested in recasting it??? NMB4M? MSLZ??? I may be interested in 1/48 heads for my 1/55s, as they are about the same size.

The strike pieces are cool, new nose cone for transforming valks, and the feet that are more accurate to the line art. Is all of this possible? And I'm working hard to turn my friends into Valk 1/55 enthusiast, one person at a time :D

Things to consider. I'm working on making a 1/55 scale mini-missle launcher with the styrene I bought. As well as the foot swivel mod. What would be cool, is, I used to have a 1/55 nose with detailed cockpit, clear canopy, and all that. But I'd like to get another one. It had the antannae on the nose, lowered hip connectors, and a openable canopy. Does anyone know who makes that? Right now, Razor X has it, would anyone be interested in recasting it??? NMB4M? MSLZ??? I may be interested in 1/48 heads for my 1/55s, as they are about the same size.

The strike pieces are cool, new nose cone for transforming valks, and the feet that are more accurate to the line art. Is all of this possible? And I'm working hard to turn my friends into Valk 1/55 enthusiast, one person at a time :D

Hey I'm all for the 1/55 parts, because sooner or later I'll get around to all the projects I've started :rolleyes:

Anyhow, I like the idea of not having to "re-invent the wheel" you guys. I mean, there are some awesome mods that I'm seeing here. The talent and time put into the designs is very apparent. So why don't we send some prime specimens over to the casting experts here so that others who don't have the time or knowhow can enjoy the ideas without having to build from scratch?

I like Jasonc's vote for line art accurate 1/55 feet, with maybe some swivel-play for a thigh A-stance mod. Which brings me to the thigh piece. Can this part be casted? That would save a lot of work, not to mention original thigh pieces. Maybe a chest plate with line-art intakes, the canopy with lines on it sounds cool, the usual cockpits with pilots inside(single & dual), just to name a few.

Keep the great work up and YES lets pls cast 1/55 parts!!! :D

Hey I'm all for the 1/55 parts, because sooner or later I'll get around to all the projects I've started :rolleyes:

Anyhow, I like the idea of not having to "re-invent the wheel" you guys. I mean, there are some awesome mods that I'm seeing here. The talent and time put into the designs is very apparent. So why don't we send some prime specimens over to the casting experts here so that others who don't have the time or knowhow can enjoy the ideas without having to build from scratch?

I like Jasonc's vote for line art accurate 1/55 feet, with maybe some swivel-play for a thigh A-stance mod. Which brings me to the thigh piece. Can this part be casted? That would save a lot of work, not to mention original thigh pieces. Maybe a chest plate with line-art intakes, the canopy with lines on it sounds cool, the usual cockpits with pilots inside(single & dual), just to name a few.

Keep the great work up and YES lets pls cast 1/55 parts!!! :D

Well, I too would like the lineart accurate feet but the only source I know of for them was Fulcy and he's retired, right?

As for the thighs... Not sure what advantage casting would do for you.

HOWEVER...

If you send me some thigh parts and Bic Pens I will make them for you. LOL

Well, I too would like the lineart accurate feet but the only source I know of for them was Fulcy and he's retired, right?

As for the thighs... Not sure what advantage casting would do for you.

HOWEVER...

If you send me some thigh parts and Bic Pens I will make them for you. LOL

when you say line art feet are you meaning like these ?....... http://happymoonasia.com/ULTIMATEfeet.html

For those who havent looked at this site it is a MUST!!!!!!

YES, those feet are awesome. Those are the kind that someone should cast plenty of and sell them to us for cheap! ;) No really, if anyone can lend mslz22 a pair of those beauties so that he could make some copies, I personally would be very grateful.

Will someone please come forward :)

If nobody does it I will cut up a set of my own and volunteer them for casting....

Hopefully someone will beat me to it. I think they can be made with minor effort using existing feet but I may be wrong.

I have incorporated the foot bevel already. Now just slice the innards out and use some styrene strips and VOILA....

If nobody does it I will cut up a set of my own and volunteer them for casting....

Hopefully someone will beat me to it. I think they can be made with minor effort using existing feet but I may be wrong.

I have incorporated the foot bevel already. Now just slice the innards out and use some styrene strips and VOILA....

Thats basically what I thought when I first saw them.

Should have done it when I did the feet on my Super posable. But then how much would you not be able to tell as they spend 99.9% of the time being stood on. Much better for a toy as at least you can see them every once in a while.

• 3 weeks later...