Paint Scheme Suggestions - Konig Monster

physioguy

Well back inthe day 1986ish to be more precise. I painted a monster in a colour scheme not to unalike to the Yamie 1/48 LVv2. Although I dont really like the Colours on a Valk it does really look cool on the monster. you can kinda see a monster hidden in a tree`d area waiting for its quarry to come into range. I think it fits this mecha well.

I was going to do a snow one as well for Alaska base, but I never got around to it. Then the shop near me dumped all its Macross stuff as Macross was uncool. All those 1/200 monsters Glaugs and officer pods and 1/72 Vf`s and practically all the Arii line all went up for a few pounds each and sold in a couple of days. I missed out as I was away.

Well That hopefully can give you a few ideas

Physioguy, The darker colors look cool. The blue doesn't say "ominous" to me. personally, I'd stick with military colors. That's just my two cents (or two pence).

BigF, oh the agony of defeat! A hobby shop near me did the same thing. Thank God I was there instead of missing out! If it wasn't for a friend that went upstairs to look for some "older" comics and found "all those weird looking models that were cheap," I would have missed out! Then there's those times I drove a couple of hours to find the store is no longer there (that's happened a couple of times). - MT

If I had on of those suckers I'd get myself some Armour and Tank references for colour scheme idea's and go to town on the weathering. I think anime subjects look just incredible when given more 'real-world' colour schemes and weathering treatment.

If I had on of those suckers I'd get myself some Armour and Tank references for colour scheme idea's and go to town on the weathering. I think anime subjects look just incredible when given more 'real-world' colour schemes and weathering treatment.

418532[/snapback]

I got lazy, here he is in plain black but with a nice finish. I might still weather him. In hindsight I think I should've done some camo.

post-917-1153689928_thumb.jpg

418532[/snapback]

I got lazy, here he is in plain black but with a nice finish. I might still weather him. In hindsight I think I should've done some camo.

post-917-1153689928_thumb.jpg

418633[/snapback]

It looks mean, and I think some weathering would make it look even better.

ChaosWarrior

Guest Bromgrev

It looks nice and menacing now. I say live with the pristine look for a while, it makes a nice change. You can always weather it once bits start to fall off.

Edited by Bromgrev

Id highlight all the panels in a slightly lighter grey , and give some parts a kind of symmetrical cntrast with another fitting color just to give it a little life. Think of how the MK1 monster looked at the end of Macross zero.

Well I guess it looks O.K. I mean it is a nice smooth even paint job, but to my mind that's the problem. Think about any large vehicle, now think about the colour on it. The colour of large vehicles is almost never uniform. There are always sections that are lighter, or darker. This is usualy dew to wear patterns, but on some very large vehicles may also be do to light reflecting off of some parts and onto adjoining sections, thus changing the apparent colour. What about colour bleaching? These kind of considerations really impact the "scale-effect" look of the piece. Like I said right now it looks good but When I think about What it could look like - even with the same colour scheme-, well. . .