Razor X First Custom Project.

Razor x

Hi guys!

I am totaly amazed at the quality of work done by the people on this site and have finaly musterd enough courage to give it a try myself.

blueb.jpg

Jason C has agreed to teach me how to customiz one of my old 1/55 into a Max VF-1A with strike fastpack.

right now i have all my parts soaking in pinesol to remove horrible paint job i did 10 years ago HAHAHA! (can of rustoelum white!!)

so far i have a custom resin cockpit with dyrl pilot and resin arm armor but i do need some things before i get started...

I need and am prepared to pay for...

1) 1/55 VF-1A head (resin or stock)

2) 1/55 Strike fastpack (resin or stock)( i have arm and leg armore i need the main pack )

3) 1/55 heat shield(resin or stock)

4) dyrl "Max" decals( Jason told me someone here makes custom decals.)

I would Apprciate any help you guys can give me .

please send me an email lanza32@pacbell.net

thanks

Edited by Razor x

Hey, Razor, I guess I can officially welcome you to the site :D The person you may want to send a pm to for decals would be Anasazi. He is the decal master and is the guy I trust for decals.

For the VF-1A head, I'm sure there's a customizer or someone here who may have one laying around for sale.

As for the strike fastpack, NightmareB4Macross may have made recast of it. His recast are great, and as someone I know personally, I'd trust him. If you pm him, tell him I sent you if he hasn't already read this.

It's always good to see more people on the boards doing custom work. I know you've just barely begun, but when you get involved with the project, don't forget to post pics. :p

If NB4M dosent come through for you you could try SilverDragon as he makes Strike armor and would be willing Im sure to set you up with the missing parts you need. His work is also great and pricces arent bad eaither.

The heads I have in the past tried to find someone to sell me them ( I did get one). The best option would be for ALL the 1/55 custom people to get together and pester some one like Silver or NB4M to make casts of them. Im rather sick of S heads on all my Valks.

As for the heat shields there a guy who sometimes sells em on eBay in batches of 10 they are cheap and excellent quaility. Unfortunately I need all 10 that I got otherwise I`d gladly have sent you one.

As far as custom decals are concerned there a a few who do them here. Its just down to If ytou want stickers or transfer decals. I should let others chime in on whos are better as I have not actually used any yet. Although my Millia needs a set to finish it off. Anasazi has decals for them and most of the Official and unofficial Vf `s. He is the decal God In most peoples opinion.

COOL!!

thanks guys for all the help. :)

Anasazi37 ,nightmareB4macross and SILVERDRAGON if your out there I need your help! :)

ill do my best to document the whole process so future 1st timers can have a step by step referance.

RaZoR X...OuT!

Edited by Razor x

Can't wait to see it. I guess next year's MWCon is when we'll see more customs. This year's was just lacking.

That's because I made it so late to the con. I had 3 to bring, but it gets nearly impossible when it's during the same time as A/X. But yeah, I can't wait to see Razor's custom as well. It should be one awesome toy when done. the big question is, once he's done, will he want to do more. It can be a long and time consuming task. But well worth it when it comes out right.

As far as the decals, I would just use Anasazi. I don't know if anyone else out there is comparable. Perhaps so, but he's great in doing business with, so I look no further than him. And NB4Macross is a friend of mine, that's why I mentioned him. He did the Elintseeker set I have, and the recast seem more durable than the original parts. :D

• 2 months later...

ALRIGHT!!

Now i have everything to get started! if any of you guys have some tips or tricks to share with me post up and give me a hand with this project .

with a lil help i think this custom will come out great!!

thebegining9292006copy.jpg

PARTS PREP

1) removed most of the old paint by soaking parts in Pinesol.

2) use a sharp pointed scribe and 220,400,600 sand paper to remove any stuborn old paint.

Edited by Razor x

HI Guys

It Chris Barretta, you know the guy who made the frist set of VF heads to sell on Macross World. Nice to see you all still love the 1/55. :D I though with all the new VF's out there no one love them any more.LOL

I can't wait to see how your custom come out.

I think i may still have some of my S,D and A's head round my room some where. Hmm , If i find them i'll put them up on the sale page.

Let me know Razor X if you still need a heat shield. I saw in your pic you fround a A head.

Have fun ...

Best,

Codam23 ( chris barretta )

HI Guys

It Chris Barretta, you know the guy who made the frist set of VF heads to sell on Macross World. Nice to see you all still love the 1/55. :D I though with all the new VF's out there no one love them any more.LOL

I can't wait to see how your custom come out.

I think i may still have some of my S,D and A's head round my room some where. Hmm , If i find them i'll put them up on the sale page.

Let me know Razor X if you still need a heat shield. I saw in your pic you fround a A head.

Have fun ...

Best,

Codam23 ( chris barretta )

would it be possible to trade a VF-1S head w/ ur other VF's head???( if you found them)

@ razor:

really nice to see these old school valks customize and given love!!! waiting to see more progress pix of ur custom!!!