Optimus Prime

Hi everyone,

Newb question.

I wanted to purchase the Optimus Prime toy, but i see on ebay different stuff, and i dont know if they are the same or/and what would be the difference.

There is the Optimus Prime Master Piece

There is the 20th aniversary Japaneese version

are there different versions of this, or are they all the same. Its just i dont want ot make a mistake and have to buy another one. I am not interested in the convoy, just the optimus prime himself.

Thanks

Is there a japaneese and an american version??

415368[/snapback]

Yes... there is a Japanese and an American version, both comes w/out the trailer.

Japanese = Clean look, long stack pipes and cooler packaging

American = Battle damage look, short stack pipes and an ok packaging

There will be a Master Piece Prime (MP04) w/trailer for Japanese release and probably here in America, however, I am speculating that Oppie may still sport the same short stack, battle damage look if there is an American release.

Edited by Dangaioh

Yeah your better off waitingn and getting the one with the trailer rather then just getting one of the old versions from well over a year ago.

Not too mention this really should of been asked on the Transformers thread above.

Is the following a good buy??? :

http://cgi.ebay.ca/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewIt...AMEWA%3AIT&rd=1

its 75$ us

415380[/snapback]

Man, the $35 shipping on that is a killer. I wouldn't say that's a great deal. Just so you know, I am offering a never opened Hasbro 20th Anniversary Optimus Prime for $80 shipped. Feel free to PM me or check out my "for sale" thread here:

http://www.macrossworld.com/mwf/index.php?showtopic=19559

-D

Edited by crasis

are there different versions of this, or are they all the same.  Its just i dont want ot make a mistake and have to buy another one.  I am not interested in the convoy, just the optimus prime himself.

415365[/snapback]

from what i gather, 'convoy' is the name of optimus prime in the japanese market. kinda like how in the US, we've got 'robotech' versus what the japanese call 'macross'. IMHO, convoy looks closer to what i consider to be optimus than the US optimus, ie no battle damage and normal smokestacks.

are there different versions of this, or are they all the same.  Its just i dont want ot make a mistake and have to buy another one.  I am not interested in the convoy, just the optimus prime himself.

415365[/snapback]

from what i gather, 'convoy' is the name of optimus prime in the japanese market. kinda like how in the US, we've got 'robotech' versus what the japanese call 'macross'. IMHO, convoy looks closer to what i consider to be optimus than the US optimus, ie no battle damage and normal smokestacks.

415477[/snapback]

Kind of... "convoy" is a title for the leader of the good guys.. which if I remember, are called seibertrons or some such in the japanese version... so all the future "convoys' usually have some other name, leo convoy, blah blah blah convoy...

get the japanese version... the US version is just lame with chopped off exhausts and the funky battle damage.