1/48 Scale Custom 1a

GutsAndCasca

I have only one VF1A, and it's a CF. SO. I want to use my spare 1/48 parts to construct a custom 1A. Should I make it a TV Max, or TV Kakizake? Or is there something even better? Advice please! :D

By the way, this'll leave me with one extra hikaru 1J head. Maybe someone would want to trade something for it. Just thought I'd throw that out there.

I have only one VF1A, and it's a CF. SO. I want to use my spare 1/48 parts to construct a custom 1A. Should I make it a TV Max, or TV Kakizake? Or is there something even better? Advice please!  :D

By the way, this'll leave me with one extra hikaru 1J head. Maybe someone would want to trade something for it. Just thought I'd throw that out there.

412944[/snapback]

I think a member was looking for a 1j head.

although its possible that this will come out in the foreseeable future I'd go with

a TV Kakizake.

yes you could certainly go with a tv max but the TV Kakizake is the one mech/character that hasnt been made yet either in 1/60 or 1/48 so why not. Ultimately yours is the final vote.

alternately you could make a Blue Roses or Alaska Base scheme valk.

I'd still go with the TV/DYRL Kakizake

This should probably be in the "how to customize..." forum, but -

With all the wealth of custom decals out there, I'd vote for something original. IMO, TV Max/Kakizake is one of the most uninspired schemes out there. Hey, I've seen your MG customs, I think you have the ability and patience to come up with something sweet.

And what's wrong w/ CF ;) ? Here's my work in progress using my limited painting skills and stickers, a bastardization of a CF and Blue Roses scheme (inspired by Takatoy's custom super stealth).

nohead3.jpg

nohead2.jpg

ALSO - -- I believe it would be cool to have Kakizake's valk. And I WILL make one in the future, but for now... I think I'm gonna' have to make me a TV Max. ;)

So far the only Max I have is a 1S from DYRL and I think he's about my fave character period... so I really want his TV 1A! I'm going to try and make it look like "Die Alien Scum!"'s TV Max. I've already started askin' him for tips. My immediate goal is to have a valk replica from everything Max was piloting when he kicked Milia's ass. (1A, 1S)

My EVENTUAL goal, in the next one million years, is to have a valk to stand up next to all of my super poseables. Since I have the full set of super poseables... this will be costly. But I like the cartoony look of the SP's standing next to a near perfect replica of what the valk would look like in real life. I've also thought of doing this with banprestos... or the new 1/100 scale toynamis. (Did banpresto ever make a TV max 1a?)

Well, if you're gonna do a TV Max 1A, try to make an accurate TV head B)) :

mcr113l.jpg

Something about the DYRL 1A head and Max's TV scheme doesn't mix...

Check out Neova's recast 1/48 parts THREAD for DYRL hands. They're not the same as the ones I have, which got from Eternal D last year.

Edited by ghostryder

Well, if you're gonna do a TV Max 1A, try to make an accurate TV head  B)) :

mcr113l.jpg

Check out Neova's recast 1/48 parts THREAD for DYRL hands. They're not the same as the ones I have, which got from Eternal D last year.

413324[/snapback]

It's already been done... I'll put up a for sale thread up pretty soon for those... man... I'm slacking.

mcr113l.jpg

413324[/snapback]

It's already been done... I'll put up a for sale thread up pretty soon for those... man... I'm slacking.

413347[/snapback]

Yeah man i want one pronto! ;)

Edited by ruskiiVFaussie

I want to see what these heads look like... is it really just a Bandai head for a Yamato?

And for the love of God may I never ask again on this website if anyone knows whats up and coming from Yamato.

IIRC, i think member gabe-q has EXO's TV max head as his avatar.

i think he basically cut off the black part of the A head and somehow managed to get the green visor to fit.

he's had that head done since last year, i guess they work for yamato or something...hehehe :D

I have only one VF1A, and it's a CF. SO. I want to use my spare 1/48 parts to construct a custom 1A. Should I make it a TV Max, or TV Kakizake? Or is there something even better? Advice please!  :D

412944[/snapback]

Since you already have a CF, you could put some custom touches on it (like ghostryder did). I've attached a couple of pics of one of mine.

post-1617-1152252962_thumb.jpg

post-1617-1152253049_thumb.jpg

mcr113l.jpg

413324[/snapback]

413347[/snapback]

JULY ain't just a month.

Put me down for the first one.

412944[/snapback]

Since you already have a CF, you could put some custom touches on it (like ghostryder did). I've attached a couple of pics of one of mine.

414257[/snapback]

WA,

Did you ever finish up this bad-boy? You should really take a pic of your 1A/1J/1S Sundowners together B))

Try this book.

It contains many VF-1 variable paint schemes.

FYI - The Jungle Camo used on the VF-1A LV2, is shown in this book. Of course, it is not like what Yamato release, but it is damned near close.

Have fun!!

;)

414280[/snapback]

damn I want that book!

I take apart 1/48's but I don't have the guts to learn how to work on my car. ;) Or the time... nor do I really care... even though it'd benefit my life more to know how to work on my car rather than customize toys... oh well, my imagination and lust for creative things gets in the way of reality.