Macross Dyrl? And M Plus Korean Dvds

bandit29

Saw these over at yesasia.com. The description says region free but yesasia can be wrong sometimes.

Macross Plus

It does have Macross: a future chronicle. A nice little extra not found on the US release since it contains footage of SDF Macross.

Macross DYRL?

I thought DYRL? couldn't be released outside Japan? Yesasia usually doesn't sell bootlegs.

Saw these over at yesasia.com. The description says region free but yesasia can be wrong sometimes.

Macross Plus

It does have Macross: a future chronicle. A nice little extra not found on the US release since it contains footage of SDF Macross.

Macross DYRL?

I thought DYRL? couldn't be released outside Japan? Yesasia usually doesn't sell bootlegs.

407824[/snapback]

That DYRL? copy looks like a bootleg. Korean bootleg perhaps? The same could probably be said for the M+ copy they have.

With english audio tracks and korean subtitles,

Only Mac Plus has an English Audio track, DYRL? is: Language: Japanese Subtitle : Korean, Japanese

and SDF is:Language: Korean, Japanese Subtitle: Korean. At least according to the descriptions anyway.

Edited by Chas

Here's an R3 box for SDF Macross. I wonder whose footage they used?

http://us.yesasia.com/en/PrdDept.aspx/code...pid-1004426051/

408381[/snapback]

Here's another:

http://us.yesasia.com/en/PrdDept.aspx/code...pid-1003189163/

Really nice looking box design.

Shame I have never encountered legit Korean DVDs in my life... I have a Korean release of The Who playing the Albert Hall in 2003 and none of the extras shown on the box (interviews, angle changes etc) are actually on the disc. It's just the main show and that's it. :( I believe the US and UK releases do have everything.

Legit Korean DVD's exist, and it's very easy to tell the difference. Basically, if it's too good to be true, it is :) Disc count, audio options, releasing studio, region coding (if present at all) are also good key indicaters.

Macross Plus

407824[/snapback]

Hmm, it doesn't seems to have any information on whether or not it includes the movie or OVA. dejr8bud?

Macross Plus

407824[/snapback]

Hmm, it doesn't seems to have any information on whether or not it includes the movie or OVA. dejr8bud?

408767[/snapback]

Its the OVA only. It says episodes 1,2,3 & 4 in the description. Also it has the English dub. There is no English dub of the movie.

I wanted to make a big post stating how close Japan and Korea are in the anime/manga industry, and how, since Korean companies did a lot of the actual animation in Macross shows, they'd have access to the original masters used by the Japanese.

Sadly, in my search, I found the following:

http://www.mononari.com/tt/index.php?pl=316&ct1=9

The following is a list of Korean Bootleg that are being distributed through legitimate vendors. These are genuine unlicensed Bootlegs, if you happen to see any one of these avoid it at all cost.

1. Any Mazinger Movie Box Set

2. Any Mazinger TV Box Set

3. Any Great Mazinger TV Box Set

4. Slamdunk Box Set

5. Any Dragonball Box Set

6. Captain Harlock

7. Macross Movie Do You Remember Love

8. Macross Plus

Bootleg Maker/Distributor:

Yes24.com,

Woori Ent,

Media Chain,

AniLand,

Lees Vision(리스비젼),

Unione, Tomorrow Film

There are real, licensed DVDs of these series out there in Korea... somewhere...

Edited by sketchley

Wow. I remember watching Macross in English. That's right.

If I am not mistaken, it was a Filipino Group that dubbed the Series in English. Minmay's called "Maria" in the series, I recall.

It was of boring atmosphere watching it but I still loved it that time.

woops. I just assumed that woori was legit since I would see their DVD's in big music/movie stores in korea and they had some elaborate boxsets. I guess when koreans rip-off movies, they do it in style. haha. :unsure:

408883[/snapback]

That's it! Woori is the label on my DVD of The Who, I'm sure of it! Damn it. Gotta get the official UK or US release now.