Central Park Media In Turmoil

This begs the question.... which subbing companies are still around?

Keep in mind, the "ADV" brand name is what shut down. The parent company of ADV Films, A.D. Vision sold all the assets and such to smaller companies and went out of business. ADV Films' licenses and holdings moved to 3 different companies.

Here's a summary of what's happening:

What's Happening with ADV Films

As the old saying goes: "The bigger they are, the harder they fall." Over the past decade, ADV was America's largest anime distributor, but being just that appeared to be its downfall.

Now I wonder which company will be the next to fall...

Whoever Licenses MD Geist.

The moral of the story; you license MD Geist= your company is going out of business.

Maybe HG will pick it up.

Edit:

proofreading....

Edited by BeyondTheGrave

I wonder if this means that the Evangelion Live-Action project can now finally be considered dead?

(Not that I ever seriously believed that it was really alive, it was always smoke and mirrors)

Never wanted it to happen, it was probably going to be shite.

Taksraven

Then why does the official site only say "Bandai" (even in the copyright section), except for a little link at the bottom to "Bandai-Namco"?

EDIT: The link: http://www.bandai.co.jp/top.html

My guess is they probably got lazy. I got news of the merger from an e-mail from Namco, since I'm a member of the Namco forums (mainly because of Xenosaga).

Did the logo designer also get lazy...?

One company bought out the other, but each one exists in a 50/50 partnership, maybe. Sounds like a decentralized operation; each division does what it can to make money for the entire company without interference with each other. At least both still exist in some form, CPM is just gone.

I'm going to miss them. If I knew sooner that this was going to happen, I would have bought a copy of the Votoms series. It was probably the only show I watched from them recently while it was On Demand. Anyone know who owns the right to that series?

EDIT - It's dirt cheap on Amazon.

Edited by Einherjar