Minmei's Birthday Guft From Hikaru

gian7675

he was in a jam but, I'd have kept the medal. He never does get one after that

and then he choose Misa and the medal gets lost? destroyed? Never to be seen again. :(

Exactly. If he'd at least tapped that ass I MIGHT be able to understand giving that medal away. I look at it this way though: there'll always be ass to be tapped, especially for a fighter pilot, that medal was pretty much a one-shot deal and he should've at least asked for it back when he got together with what's-her-face...

Uhh... You guys do know that once you are awarded a medal if you "lose or misplace" that medal you can simply request a new one through your branch of service, right? All Hikaru has to do is fill out the right paperwork (whatever form SF-180 is in the future) and subit that and get a replacement free of charge.

Now, he can't just run around throwing medals at every piece of ass he sees... the military gets suspicious if you are requesting ten new medals a month.

Plus, Hik did tap that a$$ during the reconstruction period. Sure, it's not on screen, but you know he did it. He was also clearly tapping Misa, why else would she have a key to his apartment? Life was good for Hikaru no matter how dramatic they made it seem in the show. "So much tail and only one Mr. Happy to hit it with."

he was in a jam but, I'd have kept the medal. He never does get one after that

and then he choose Misa and the medal gets lost? destroyed? Never to be seen again.  :(

398974[/snapback]

He probably DID get another medal or 3. He had a lot of distinguished stunts.

Hell, I'd've given a medal to everyone that fought in the final battle, just on principle. "For meritorious defense against genocide under overwhelmingly hopeless odds, we hereby award all participants in Operation Giantkiller, living or dead, the United Nations Medal of Honor."

Actually, it was signifigant enough that they could justify making a special medal just FOR participants in that battle.

ANYWAYS... they only illustrated his first, because it was signifigant to the plot. The others would be tangental.

I think Hikaru was so inept he wouldnt know how to tap an ass if he had a nympho clawing her (or his) way into his undies.

399001[/snapback]

Quite possibly.

But that leaves the question of why Misa is cleaning his house. Is he just a good hugger?

I think Hikaru was so inept he wouldnt know how to tap an ass if he had a nympho clawing her (or his) way into his undies.

399001[/snapback]

Then again... he did hit her up with an offer to go to a motel in DYRL!

399075[/snapback]

Remember, DYRL isn't "real." It's an idealized Hollywoodization of events. The "real" Hikaru wasn't cool enough to be a great hero of the war, so they spruced him up a bit.

He should have given her what she got in DYRL - a bitchslap across the face! Not that I condone violence against women, but hey, sometimes ya gotta do what ya gotta do. Happy birthday, biiiiiiiiiiiiitch! WHACK!

If Hikaru wanted to get laid he should have gone to a prostitute (and caught something, but that's besides the point) or a slurm, or tried men. :p

Well they needed to have a love triangle and all, and Hikaru had to be a dumbass for the love triangle to work with miscommunication, assumptions, and circumstantial stuff to cause trouble for everyone. Misa and Minmay should have bumped off Hikaru and run off together. :p:lol: Or just bumped him off and gone for better men.

He should have given her what she got in DYRL - a bitchslap across the face! Not that I condone violence against women, but hey, sometimes ya gotta do what ya gotta do. Happy birthday, biiiiiiiiiiiiitch! WHACK!

399174[/snapback]

I love that part!!!

Then again... he did hit her up with an offer to go to a motel in DYRL!

And Misa was zipping up her top when she came out of the room to stand next to Hikaru when Macross arrived back on earth in DRYL as well.

If Hikaru wanted to get laid he should have gone to a prostitute (and caught something, but that's besides the point) or a slurm, or tried men. :p

Well they needed to have a love triangle and all, and Hikaru had to be a dumbass for the love triangle to work with miscommunication, assumptions, and circumstantial stuff to cause trouble for everyone.  Misa and Minmay should have bumped off Hikaru and run off together. :p:lol:  Or just bumped him off and gone for better men.

399281[/snapback]

You miss the key point... Misa and Minmay were mentally defective too.

The whole thing was the most socially inept love triangle in the history of polygons.

Macross needs to be remade. With Max and Focker as stars and Hikaru in his proper role as comic relief. :p

Hikaru obviously went for the more "experienced" girl. I don't blame him.

400037[/snapback]

I wonder if she called out that Mars base guy's name...

400329[/snapback]

"Global! Global!" or "Kaifun! Kaifun!' or "Focker! Focker!"

Hikaru obviously went for the more "experienced" girl. I don't blame him.

400037[/snapback]

I wonder if she called out that Mars base guy's name...

400329[/snapback]

"Global! Global!" or "Kaifun! Kaifun!' or "Focker! Focker!"

400346[/snapback]

"GLOBAL! I MEAN RIBER! I MEAN KAIFUN! I MEAN FOCKER! I MEAN MAX! I MEAN... damn, what's your name again?"

Uhh... You guys do know that once you are awarded a medal if you "lose or misplace" that medal you can simply request a new one through your branch of service, right? All Hikaru has to do is fill out the right paperwork (whatever form SF-180 is in the future) and subit that and get a replacement free of charge.

Now, he can't just run around throwing medals at every piece of ass he sees... the military gets suspicious if you are requesting ten new medals a month.

398982[/snapback]

Damn, learn something new everyday. Now I won't get so pissed off every time Forrest gives Jenny his Medal of Honor.

398982[/snapback]

Damn, learn something new everyday. Now I won't get so pissed off every time Forrest gives Jenny his Medal of Honor.

400425[/snapback]

I never loved anyone except my Jen-nay. There's another one who should've been bitchslapped! Okay, that's enough thread hijacking for now. Back to the topic.

• 3 weeks later...

398982[/snapback]

400425[/snapback]

I never loved anyone except my Jen-nay. There's another one who should've been battyslapped! Okay, that's enough thread hijacking for now. Back to the topic.

400430[/snapback]

couldn't agree more!!!