Sd Cyclone Pics?

Cute, but why's it called crab sashimi?

396431[/snapback]

I pulled that picture from a Yahoo Japan auction a very long time ago. As I recall that's a scan from book or magazine that was for sale. I'm not sure if you are looking at a complete page there or not. I assume "crab sashimi" is the Japanese in the lower part of the image? If that's correct it may refer to an image that is below this one and not seen in the scan. Anyone know what 2D World IV is? That may be the name of the book this image is in.

Carl

Ooooh, okay. I thought it was maybe from an official artbook or something. Hell, if it's from a doujinshi it could mean anything! :p Maybe it's part of a yon-koma (the four case comic strip style)?

It's from the opening titles of Scramble Wars, a 1992 OVA SD parody race between the various (then) Artmic characters/shows such as Mospeada, Bubblegum Crisis and Gal Force. It's most recently been released as part of a double bill with Ten Little Gal Force OVA.

Stick is mostly background fodder, with that image and one of him in a big crash the only notable scenes. I'm at work so I'll did out screen caps out later.

All I can provide is my dodgy art...

ART_2974_2_5535.jpg

"Scramble Wars" and "Ten Little Gal Force" are very funny, at least if you know your 80s anime. Incidentally, Bangor, the "goal" of the race in Scramble Wars is a real place - in Wales.

And, for those of you that read Magister Negi-Magi, Wales is most definitely not "in England"...! :rolleyes:

Edited by F-ZeroOne