What Vf's Do Other Countries Use On Earth

Phalanx

I don't know that there's any canon source stating what countries used the SV-51. All we know is that the Anti UN had at least one group of them in use at the tail end of the war, and that when the Macross launched it was not common knowledge that humanity had such weapons.

Also, yes, the bombardment of Earth at the end of SW1 was ordered before the Zentradi even knew about the Grand Cannon. It fired after the initial bombardment. When it fired, it made a pretty convincing argument that a network of them would make an effective defense. Really, I don't see Earth as being any worse off for having fired the cannon, except that it drew the remaining Zentradi forces to focus their attacks on Alaska base. Imagine if all of them had been operational, weren't there like 4 or 5 planned for Earth? The Zentradi ability to respond to it would have been greatly diminished.

Regarding Earth's resources post SW1, yes humanity's ability to make use of available resources was reduced, but by the time Earth began pumping out colony ships it could be argued that Earth had more resources at it's disposal than any point in human history. I mentioned that in the WTF-1 thread, post SW1 humanity had the technology and, especially once the factory satellite was made operational, the means to make use of all the resources of the solar system. I would imagine that as the human emigration project was well under way, and the population was rising, more and more thought might be given to planetary defense. We did see that Earth already had a pretty tightly knit defense network in orbit in the 2030's.

Not saying that they did build more Grand Cannons. Just that resources might not have been the biggest factor deciding whether or not to do it. Also, there is one compelling reason for humanity to construct a series of egregiously overpowered defensive weapons, capable of annihilating a fleet of millions of ships.

Because it's cooooooool!

No that information wasn't canon. But March has a point....lots of SV-51-fan love going on there....

One thing to keep in mind about the SV-51 is that while designers were from Russia (read Soviet Union), Israel, and Germany, it might have been the designers alone, not the whole nation.

No that information wasn't canon. But March has a point....lots of SV-51-fan love going on there....

One thing to keep in mind about the SV-51 is that while designers were from Russia (read Soviet Union), Israel, and Germany, it might have been the designers alone, not the whole nation.

Good point. And who knows what those countries' allies or enemies will be in Macross Zero's setting, the far-flung future year of 2008. ^_^

Look dude, Isreal, Germany and China are not poor countries (yes China is not poor when you know that this country own 2/3 of the US economy if I remember well). So I can easily see Isreal, Germany and China being the main contributors on the SV-51 project.

I was referring to the ASEAN, while where I live is not listed explicitly, it is one of the major members of the ASEAN (and one of two founding members that are also non-NATO allies of the US). It also until recently, couldn't afford proper combat jet aircraft (relying instead of crappy Italian made trainer "flying coffins."

Besides, the main thing I was questioning was whether the list was canon or not.

Edited by d3v

I was referring to the ASEAN, while where I live is not listed explicitly, it is one of the major members of the ASEAN (and one of two founding members that are also non-NATO allies of the US). It also until recently, couldn't afford proper combat jet aircraft (relying instead of crappy Italian made trainer "flying coffins."

Besides, the main thing I was questioning was whether the list was canon or not.

Off Topic !!!

Malaysian Aermacchi MB-339

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aermacchi_MB-339

Nice Malaysian Fighters

20080618raaf82082460118kj6.jpg

tudm50thanniversarysliccy7.th.jpg

tudm50thanniversaryslicei7.th.jpg

tudm50thanniversarytinkrx3.th.jpg

tudm50thanniversarytinklz0.th.jpg

tudm50thanniversaryshinhr2.th.jpg

hahahaaa...

SV-51 Coming sooon................

Edited by HangPC2

Good point. And who knows what those countries' allies or enemies will be in Macross Zero's setting, the far-flung future year of 2008. ^_^

Heh. Seriously, though, we do know that Russia is specifically mentioned as a part of the UN, not the Anti-UN. At least, I recall that being mentioned somewhere canonical.

I always took the Anti-UN as very well funded terrorists not state sponsored per se or a country military alliance as such.

Remember the world leaders agreed that to create a unified Earth government in face of a possible extraterrestial invasion.

The Anti-UN did not believe that and saw it as a world domination power grab.

Apart from the SV-51, Octos, Cool submarine and the Karyovin Fighter - what other mecha / vehicles did the Anti UN forces have access to?

That's all we know. Fiction wise mecha that is.

But there is the MIG-29

MIG-29

mig-29.jpg

MiM-31 Karyovin

karyovin_small.gif

MiM-31 Karyovin is suposedly the Anti-UN's reponse to the UN Forces McNell Douglar F203 Dragon II Fighter.

F203 Dragon II Fighter

dragonii_small.gif

tenjinhidetakavalkyriesuc0.th.jpg

SV-51 User

- Russia

- Israel

- German

- Czech Republic

- India

- Poland

- Romania

- Turkey

- Ukraine

- P.R.C China

- Vanezeula

- ASEAN (Malaysia, Indonesia, Vietnam, Myammar, Laos)

- Middle East & North Africa (Algeria, Libya, Egypt, Syria, Lebanon, I.R Iran)

http://www.hungrylizardstudio.com/sv51/svpage1.html

You missed you out Singapore (it is part of ASEAN)

Malaysia, Indonesia, Vietnam, Myammar, Laos user for Sukhoi And Mig Jet Fighters...

Oh sorry, I thought you guys were determining which countries are part of the Anti United Nation. Sorry I did not realize you were talking about sukhoi/Mig users.

Sorry to sound like a complete idiot, but I don't get what the point of the list of SV-51 users, or how it's being made in the first place, or its relationship with the website hangPC2 posted, or how his other posts related to this particular topic (especially the post about MB-339). Can someone enlighten me? :)

Sorry to sound like a complete idiot, but I don't get what the point of the list of SV-51 users, or how it's being made in the first place, or its relationship with the website hangPC2 posted, or how his other posts related to this particular topic (especially the post about MB-339). Can someone enlighten me? :)

The information he is posting is more fan-based and I'm not sure what there's to gain from posting the real-world customers of Sukhoi.

Now just to clear things up in my head - The first ever transforming airplane, chronologically was the SV-51, right? Invented by (or developed with) the creepy doctor dude in the wheel chair M.Zero - right? Then some how UN Spacey got the info & details and developed the VF-0? Or at some point the ANTI-UN was part of the UN and splintered off somewhere in the developmental stages of the transforming fighter? Can someone clear this up for me?

On another note - was a shame we didn't see - or even glimpse either the Karyovin, Dragon II or VF-1 at any point during M.Zero...

Now just to clear things up in my head - The first ever transforming airplane, chronologically was the SV-51, right? Invented by (or developed with) the creepy doctor dude in the wheel chair M.Zero - right? Then some how UN Spacey got the info & details and developed the VF-0? Or at some point the ANTI-UN was part of the UN and splintered off somewhere in the developmental stages of the transforming fighter? Can someone clear this up for me?

On another note - was a shame we didn't see - or even glimpse either the Karyovin, Dragon II or VF-1 at any point during M.Zero...

From what Ivanov said from the UN's perspective the Anti-UN is the one that stole the idea from them.

The Anti-UN may have fielded the SV-51 earlier but it was the UN that designed and built the VF-0 first.

Besides the VF-0 is supposed to have thermonuclear engines originally. The fuel based engines were more of a cheap move to get them on the field.

..... I'm not sure what there's to gain from posting the real-world customers of Sukhoi.

Perhaps illustrating that real-life traditional users of Sukhoi fighters are possible nations that may interested in acquiring SV-51 in its Macross-verse counterpart.

Lest not forget, UN Spacy experimented on both VF-0 & SV-51 platform while awaiting VF-1 Valkyries undergone mass production - which at the time bugged with engine problem.

Besides the VF-0 is supposed to have thermonuclear engines originally. The fuel based engines were more of a cheap move to get them on the field.

No, the thermonuclear engines were meant for the as of then delayed VF-1, the VF-0 was a testbed craft designed to test Overtechnology to be used in future VFs and was only fielded in actual combat when the delivery of the VF-1s engines was delayed (therefore delaying the VF-1).

Edited by d3v

Perhaps illustrating that real-life traditional users of Sukhoi fighters are possible nations that may interested in acquiring SV-51 in its Macross-verse counterpart.

But Macross doesn't follow the real-world so I'm not sure what can be gained from that.

But Macross doesn't follow the real-world so I'm not sure what can be gained from that.

Ehhhem .... pls refer to Macross Zero. Allusions to global war with current War on Terrorism.

Not to mentioned .... real world fighters analogy ..... with F-14s & MiG-29s.

Nimitz-class carrier & Arleigh Burke vessels.

Blackhawk.

UN as in United Nations.

F-117 Nighthawk on bombing run.

The still of matte pic showing definitely GIs rounded up suspected terrorists.

There's enough real world in that ....

Ehhhem .... pls refer to Macross Zero. Allusions to global war with current War on Terrorism.

Blackhawk.

UN as in United Nations.

- Israel Tavor TAR-21 @ Singapore SAR-21 Assault Rifle

- AK-101 / AK-103 / AK-107 Assault Rifle

- Giat Famas G2 Assault Rifle

- M1 Abrams MBT Tank

Blackhawk.

UN as in United Nations.

And that means absolutely nothing. According to the Macross timeline, the Cold War never ended until the ASS-1's crash. Sales of Su-27 post 1990 are almost certainly not going to happen in their timeline because most of them occurred in due to the end of the cold war and hte Russian export market. Had the Soviet Union continued to exist, they would have never exported the SU-30 to China, Algeria, Indonesia, Venezuela, or Malaysia, because all of these states were against the USSR in one way or another. Also, all the things you mentioned above are Cold War designs, and one (the F-14) doesn't exist in our 2008 period.

So no, It does make any sense at all to bring them up.

lolz maybe we're on the UNS side :D

• 2 weeks later...
I would really like to know what happened the Anti-UN Fighter Plane/Mecha (SV-51) before / after, Space War 1 ?

lost ? destroy ? :huh:

Well I saw a chart with the VF lineages. SV-51 had a question mark.

I think the SV-51 transformation scheme was revisited with the YF-24 then later applied to the VF-25 and VF-27.

• 1 month later...