Ed209 By Hot Toys

wolfx

It says it's 1/6 scale. Doesn't that make it to scale with the 12" Robocop? I guess Robocop might be a little taller than 6' in real life, so maybe at 12" he's not quite 1/6, but it's pretty close

I'm not too sure, i'm basing it on the picture of it next to the laptop. A 12" figure would be about the same height as the ED209 if not taller. I kinda remember Murphy to stand shorter than ED209 at probably about its turrets level.

You may be right though.

HUGE!!!

IPB Image

The upcoming 1/60 YF-19 is tiny compared to this guy and the difference in price is only 50 bucks.

$200 is a lot of money, I agree with you there, but I don't think the ED209 is expensive.

For $200 you get a highly detailed, pre-painted, mostly pre assembled HUGE model of the ED209.

I've allready made my mind up, I NEED this.

Guess it won't fit into a Detolf... <_<

I need to think of something that'll be big enough and keep it free of dust.

Any suggestions?

*EDIT* spelling

It probably can, but it'll take up the whole cubicle. ;)

WOW... :o

THAT. IS. HOTNESS.

I was so concentrated on all the yamato stuff coming out the end of this year, I completely missed this one...

YAMATO TAKE NOTE. This toy is an example of how much detail and awesomeness $200 bucks should be able to buy. After being so used to yamato prices, you forget how much a couple hundred can get you elsewhere.

I knew & loved Robocop before I even knew about Macross so this one and the 12 inch robo is a MUST GET BY ALL MEANS NECESSARY for me. I guess I have to hold off on getting a 360 until next spring... :(

Awesome :blink:

Now I know what I want for Christmas : ED 209 and Robocop by Hot Toys :rolleyes:

That ED209 is no where close to being accurate to the film. What's up with those hard creases on the dome? The right gun pod is wrong, the list goes on...I mean, I guess this is the closest so far, but they still have a long way to go. When will we ever get a cool ED209?

Those creases don't look much "harder" than these:

post-659-1161467492_thumb.jpg

That ED209 is no where close to being accurate to the film. What's up with those hard creases on the dome? The right gun pod is wrong, the list goes on...I mean, I guess this is the closest so far, but they still have a long way to go. When will we ever get a cool ED209?

And why is the right gunpod wrong? Generally i dun see much diff with the movie version.

And why is the right gunpod wrong? Generally i dun see much diff with the movie version.

I think Slugworth is referring to the right gunpod being armed with only 1 machine gun, unlike the left gunpod which is the only gunpod (at least in the movie) to have 2 machine guns.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ED-209

I had no idea there was a difference until i looked up the Wikipedia article after the Hot Toys model was a released a couple of weeks back.

I think Slugworth is referring to the right gunpod being armed with only 1 machine gun, unlike the left gunpod which is the only gunpod (at least in the movie) to have 2 machine guns.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ED-209

I had no idea there was a difference until i looked up the Wikipedia article after the Hot Toys model was a released a couple of weeks back.

True but the dome looks pretty much on target. The right gunpod can be made 90% accurate with

a pair of wire clippers and a paint marker.

For those of you who live in HongKong, you can check out the ED209 in Toysmart at Mongkok. There are 2 being displayed (regular and battle damage) in the ToyHunter's shop (I believe it's located in the 3rd floor). The price is around $150~

Again, these things are HUGE :ph34r: .

damn...i'm sure hoping the detials on this will be as good as the one i saw at the san diego comic con...and hopefully with stiffer, locking joints like the "revoltechs" joints. i'd always liked robocop...fascinated by the whole movie...here are some shots from past july '06...a little late, but ED's cool. i left the pics a little large to show off more details.

post-2303-1162067014_thumb.jpg

post-2303-1162067036_thumb.jpg

post-2303-1162067056_thumb.jpg

post-2303-1162067069_thumb.jpg

I recieved my ED209 today.

OMG...it's...it's...I'm...*faints*...

I'll let the crappy pics do the talking.

IPB Image

Posing with a 1/48 Roy, a VF-0A and a Revoltech Ingram 01 to show how Friggin' huge it is.

IPB Image

It doesn't fit in a Detolf display case. AAARRRGGGHHH!!! :angry:

How will I keep this beast free of dust? :unsure:

IPB Image

Where do you all buy this big ED209 ?? the shipping must cost a lot.

Does it have toes joints ? Can you make the pose when he is in the stairs and it tries to go downstairs ?

How tight are the joints in the arms ?

Where do you all buy this big ED209 ?? the shipping must cost a lot.

Does it have toes joints ? Can you make the pose when he is in the stairs and it tries to go downstairs ?

How tight are the joints in the arms ?

I got it at HLJ.

The shipping costs a lot...a whole lot.

It doesn't have joints in the feet so it can't do a 'stair pose'.

It does however look like there's a real ED209 standing in the room when you look at it. The detailing is superb as well as the paintjob.