Teen Titans Go!!!

so they copied anime style animation? Or is this series actually made in japan? They also use japanese singers for the intro theme song. It sound cool and pretty cute. :p:D:lol:

I really like the show. Nah this wasn't shown or made in a japan last time I checked. It's just using this style that's all. I'm still waiting if if Batman might guest start in some form. That would be nice. :D

Edited by Effect

I think its crap.

And copying isnt the point... Big O only copied the generic style and feeling of Batman. And you guys are taking the copying thing a bit far also...

Is Tekkaman a ripoff of Iron Man?

Is GaoRanger a ripoff of Spiderman?

Scryed is as much a ripoff of Project Arms as it is of X-Men.

This just plain sucks. I hate this cartoon, its seriously f-ing lame, in every concievable sense.

-BEN-MAN-

Yeah. That's the current Teen Titan series. The second group. The original one that was done a few years ago had Nightwing, Starfire, Raven, Cyborg and someone else. Starfire, Raven and Cyborg are full adults in this one and act as mentors to the new members or so I've heard. While the other new members(Robin(Tim Drake I believe), Superboy, Wondergirl, some flash like kid and Beastboy I think) are in their teens.

Edited by Effect

That's a tight looking variant cover; is it only available through Mile High Comics?

nah, that's just a variant cover by Michael turner, it's pretty hard to find, they have it at one of my locacl comic shops for $15, but Milehigh doesn't have any online.

But www.mycomicshop.com has it for $9.95, cause they have for sale right now.

thats a pretty good book. Johns does a great job. not as good as Winick's Outsiders, but good nonetheless.

I like Winick's Outsiders too but I was disapointed with The Graduation Day series. Judd coped out with the character's death. I wasn't too shocked with the demises of Lilith/Omen and Donna Troy. First they killed the Raven clone Omen; a third rate character since the seventies. I kinda knew they would retire Donna Troy. She has been the victim of so many rewrites and revised histories it's almost tragic. They were going to kill her off but really didn't do it. She was sent to another world to live another life?!! Listen Geoff Johns' Teen Titans #2 had Slade the Terminator shoot Impulse/Kid Flash in the leg to prove that kids shouldn't fight crime. That's shocking....

Edited by terry the lone wolf

thats a pretty good book. Johns does a great job. not as good as Winick's Outsiders, but good nonetheless.

I like Winick's Outsiders too but I was disapointed with The Graduation Day series. Judd coped out with the character's death. I wasn't to shocked with the demises of Lilith/Omen and Donna Troy. First they killed the Raven clone Omen; a third rate character since the seventies. I kinda knew they would retire Donna Troy. She has been the victim of so many rewrites and revised histories it's almost tragic. They were going to kill her off but really didn't do it. She was sent to another world to live another life?!! Listen Geoff Johns' Teen Titans #2 had Slade the Terminator shoot Impulse/Kid Flash in the leg to prove that kids shouldn't fight crime. That's shocking....

agreed. but the whole thing was DC's EIC wanting to make the comic tie into the new TV series. they told Winick what to do, andi think he did the best with a bad idea. i mean, who kills Donna Troy? horrible move, IMO. this isn't to say Graduation day wasn't craptastic. cause it was. but i think we can Blame DC for that snafu....

....and yeah, Slade dealing with Impulse was pretty messed up.

I like Winick's Outsiders too but I was disapointed with The Graduation Day series. Judd coped out with the character's death. I wasn't to shocked with the demises of Lilith/Omen and Donna Troy. First they killed the Raven clone Omen; a third rate character since the seventies. I kinda knew they would retire Donna Troy. She has been the victim of so many rewrites and revised histories it's almost tragic. They were going to kill her off but really didn't do it. She was sent to another world to live another life?!! Listen Geoff Johns' Teen Titans #2 had Slade the Terminator shoot Impulse/Kid Flash in the leg to prove that kids shouldn't fight crime. That's shocking....

agreed. but the whole thing was DC's EIC wanting to make the comic tie into the new TV series. they told Winick what to do, andi think he did the best with a bad idea. i mean, who kills Donna Troy? horrible move, IMO. this isn't to say Graduation day wasn't craptastic. cause it was. but i think we can Blame DC for that snafu....

....and yeah, Slade dealing with Impulse was pretty messed up.

Well, Winick is still doing a good job with his Outsiders and Exiles runs. I gotta pick up his Green Arrow books. Yeah, I'm a fan of Winicks but I felt let down with that mini-series. I can understand that DC tied his hands and he had to do the best he could.

I think its crap.

And copying isnt the point... Big O only copied the generic style and feeling of Batman. And you guys are taking the copying thing a bit far also...

Is Tekkaman a ripoff of Iron Man?

Is GaoRanger a ripoff of Spiderman?

Scryed is as much a ripoff of Project Arms as it is of X-Men.

This just plain sucks. I hate this cartoon, its seriously f-ing lame, in every concievable sense.

-BEN-MAN-

Amen to that! This cartoon totally blows! I'm a big anime fan, but I don't think that style suits these characters at all. Man, I hope the Justice League members don't make appearances in it. I'd hate to see Batman or Supes animated in that lame-ass style with exagerrated expressions.

Maybe for slightly different reasons, but I totally agree with you Alpha.

Why watch a bad superhero Wannabe Anime... When you can watch something like Sonic Soldier Borgman, or Tekkaman Blade, or Gatchaman, or Project Arms, or Yoroiden Samurai Troopers.

Those are where its at...

I refuse to accept crap when I can have precious stones.

But thats just me.

-BEN-MAN-

just a question for you comic book gooroos. Is there a superboy and superman in the same continuity? If so, what's the story behind superboy? How did he come about? Is it the same superboy from the whole four superman story when superman finally came back from being "killed" by doomsday? I've been out of the comic book scene for the longest time now, so I'd like to know what's up with all these new stories. thanx. :p:D:lol:

Last time I checked the Superboy that is around now, that has his one series is the one from when Superman died fighting Doomsday. Unless they did another restart of the continuity it should be him. Not sure about the Teen Titans version though. I don't really follow comics all the much. DC has been doing a few AU stories/series I believe. That fact that stories jump around between the different titles really makes it hard to follow things. Pretty much the reason I don't care for reading DC titles that much or comics in general.

Edited by Effect

Yes, that's the same Superboy from the Death of Superman storyline. He's a clone that has Superman's DNA and maybe Lex Luthor's(?). DC is also bringing back the classic "Silver Age" Superboy in this month's Legion. Only time will tell which will be the "true" Superboy..... :ph34r:

Am I the only one who really likes the show? (And yes, I've read dozens of Titans comics--just not hundreds, and nothing older than the 90's)

I think I'm at the same level of "fandom" as I am for LoTR: read the books, but not so into it I nit-pick every word of dialogue in the movies. Same for Titans: basic familiarity with the characters and major storylines, but I don't instanty cross-reference the show with 400 issues looking for inconsistencies.

i may be wrong, but i was led to belive it is korean.

...like the Simpson's episode:

Kent Brockman: "We go here live to North Korea to see how American animation is made." ;)

I like it. I don't watch TV much right now, but I have seen the show and it's alright.

Yes, that's the same Superboy from the Death of Superman storyline. He's a clone that has Superman's DNA and maybe Lex Luthor's(?). DC is also bringing back the classic "Silver Age" Superboy in this month's Legion. Only time will tell which will be the "true" Superboy..... :ph34r:

the Legion is definately one of the better team books out there. anyone who likes The Titans and Outsiders should pick it up. i've been reading it since way back. good stuff.

the Legion is definately one of the better team books out there. anyone who likes The Titans and Outsiders should pick it up. i've been reading it since way back. good stuff.

Hey, the storyline in Legion will not only have the return of Superboy but also Darkseid. It might be a homage to one of the best Legion stories ever, The Great Darkness Saga! I can't wait.

that would be cool if they made a cartoon out of the legion. I'd watch that too along side teen titans. And maybe later they'll do a tie in between the two! :p:D:lol:

that would be cool if they made a cartoon out of the legion. I'd watch that too along side teen titans. And maybe later they'll do a tie in between the two! :p:D:lol:

yeah, that would rock. a dream come true really! i think it would give more dynamic to the cartoon, since they could do team episodes and episodes that focus on individual members.