Gundam Figure Thread

It's been awhile since I've seen Char's Counterattack all the way through, but there was a scene in which Char's Sazabi gave some other mobile suit a high kick just like that (may have been the final battle between Amuro and Char).

Hmm. I'm actually convinced it's the mecha equivalent of an upskirt shot. Sheesh...

Cool!

I ask because I restrict my toy purchasing to items based on designs that are either canon, or at least have some existing inspiration and are not newly concocted by the product design team to boost sales.

So is it fair to say, then, that the specific Real Type Gundam color scheme used in the most recent FIX and Jumbo Grade toys has been around since the 80's?

Thanks!

In the early 80's, the guy who did all the mobile suit designs for the original Gundam series went back and did a series of artworks known as Mobile Suit Variation (MSV). Besides depicting mobile suits that didn't make the final TV cut (if Gundam had gone to 52 episodes, there had been additional mobile suits planned), alternate variants and paint jobs of some of the existing suits. This included "real type" paint jobs.

BTW, still waiting for BBTS to do another 40% sale on the Jumbo Grade figures so I can get Char's Zaku II and the Real Type Gundam! :D

What are the Jumbo Grade figures exactly? I've got a PG Gundam that I'm gonna do up in a scheme similar to the Real Type, but probably without the red... more of a VOTOMS-esque military scheme.

Gotta love those Sazabi pics... I;ve got the EMSIA on preorder, and now I am totally stoked... just wish BBTS would get the frackin HCMPro Sazabi in already.

What are the Jumbo Grade figures exactly? I've got a PG Gundam that I'm gonna do up in a scheme similar to the Real Type, but probably without the red... more of a VOTOMS-esque military scheme.

The Jumbo Grade figures are huge PVC "items" (with some ABS parts like the hands, rifle and shield) that aren't quite toys given extremely limited articulation (at the neck, shoulders and elbows). But the things are damn huge and look amazing. They're about the same size as Jumbo Machinders.

Review from ToyboxDX: http://www.toyboxdx.com/rumble_plus/111401-jumbo.html

I've attached two pics that, albeit crappy, provide a sense of their scale relative to FIX Figuration figures, DX MSiA toys, the 1/100 Metal Material and Arch Enemy toys, as well as the Kado Senshi figures all the way at the bottom. The Kado Senshi RX-78 comes up to the Jumbo Grade version's ankle...

IPB Image

IPB Image

Edited by emerson

Looks like I was right. :p From Gunota,

"New GFF info

From Amenbo.com: the GFF GP-03 Stamen comes with a "GFF-original simplified-type Dendrobium". In addition, the GFF Gundam X's release date has been pushed back to late January."

That sucks. I want the actual Dendrobium. Now we'll get the prototype orchis. Sigh!

IPB Image

it is a cool idea but i am still wondering how they are going to pull it off usually the part swapping for the gundam itself requires some parts to be switched, but the GP-03 prototype is tan and orange while the normal is blue and white you will literally have to change every piece that comes with it to make the prototype version, unless they are going to make the prototype white and orange or the normal gp-03 more a light tan color. the prototype dendrobium is cool i did not think we would be getting one of these. i doubt you will see the full dendrobium though as a seperate release due to the size, remember a 1/144 scale unpainted HGUC cost way over $200.00 a fully painted decaled GFF version would be double easily. unless they started to release it in parts with each GFF release much like the Marvel Super hero figures are, a arm with one figure a torso with another and one you collect the whole set you can build the Sentinel or Apocalypse, something like that would be really cool for a Psycho Gundam. :)

it is a cool idea but i am still wondering how they are going to pull it off usually the part swapping for the gundam itself requires some parts to be switched, but the GP-03 prototype is tan and orange while the normal is blue and white you will literally have to change every piece that comes with it to make the prototype version, unless they are going to make the prototype white and orange or the normal gp-03 more a light tan color. the prototype dendrobium is cool i did not think we would be getting one of these. i doubt you will see the full dendrobium though as a seperate release due to the size, remember a 1/144 scale unpainted HGUC cost way over $200.00 a fully painted decaled GFF version would be double easily. unless they started to release it in parts with each GFF release much like the Marvel Super hero figures are, a arm with one figure a torso with another and one you collect the whole set you can build the Sentinel or Apocalypse, something like that would be really cool for a Psycho Gundam. :)

Fort max's source said it was a GFF Original Dendrobium. Dendrobium ver. Ka? So its not really confirmed that the "prototype orchis" will be used which btw i think is a custom kitbash released in an old issue of Hobby Japan. We might see something new in the new release.

But here's hoping too that they'll make a seperate dendrobium only release. I'd hit it. ;)

actually i think the picture you see above of the prototype Dendrobium is the same thing as the GFF-original simplified-type Dendrobium. most sites are showing the same picture that you see above. so if i recall this is the only other official dendrobium available.

chris

To possibly add some more confusion....here are some pics posted over at Gundam Board in Action:

IPB Image IPB Image

I think a couple of things to remember is that the original info was actually from a vendor and may not be an official statement.

As others have said, "GFF-original simplified-type Dendrobium" , sounds like something completely new for this line only.

The Deep Striker - IPB Image - came in at 10,290 yen as opposed to this 7,140 and look at the size.

I'm thinking there will just be a 'partial' Orchis to allow for the Stamen to dock and look decent when viewed at certain angles.

Meh, maybe we'll see some info in next month's hobby magazines and all be corrected. :p

i hope not a card model would be very cheap and unworthy of the GFF line. on the flip side i got the cosmic region akatsuki. it is pretty cool, the dragoons fall of easily but i managed to get them on tight. i like the fact that it comes with both packs for it and the figure has a decent range of posibility. i wish i could take pictures of all my new stuff but my camera is dead :(

Curse fix figuration! I had no intrest in this line until my trip to Japan last month, where I picked up several. The Kampfer looks awesome and will be the latest addition to my budding collection. *sigh* Looks like my collecting will have expand beyond Yamato Macross offerings.

Oh well, best not to fight it. :D

Edited by Crazy Canuck II

Never big on fix figs. I own a few and I don't like them. Only one I haven't sold yet is deep striker, and that maybe leaving soon as well. Never opened it, bought it on impulse. Anyhow, the only Gundam figs that have got my attention and I'm prous to own, other than models are the big 12 inch DX's, and the arch enemy line.

Some Zeonography news via Zinc-Panic: (HLJ also has it listed for pre-order)

IPB Image

And there's also been some grainy ad shots of the GP03, but of course the Dendro we all want to see is unrecognizable:

IPB Image

You can somewhat make out the outline of the Stamen, so I Photochopped him in to get an idea of the possible Dendro config:

IPB Image

Doesn't look too similar to the pics we've guessed on, but appears to have the pre-requisite large weapon and some 'shoulder-mounts'.

**UPDATE**

Some new lineart clearly indentifies what will be included.......and it looks promising!

post-1479-1163613132_thumb.jpg

Edited by GRAND CANNON

Interesting variant...

In other news, does anyone know wtf is going on the the HCM Sazabi? BBTS had it listed for an October release (soon after it's domestic release) and it never arrived (whereas the Re-GZ did get stateside soon after release) and now BBTS has the preorder listed for a November release.... Im so pissed.

Sigh......strange variant though. They took the "primary features" like the I Field generator, the big gun, and half of the missile pods. I think one of the beam "claws" is there as well. Ahh well....i want an orchis regardless.

Only this so far...

Gundam Fix Metal Edition G-Armor Ver. Ka (end of February, 12,390 yen) - 1/100 scaled-up Fix with ABS & diecast

Although I bet more info will be coming towards the end of the month when the hobby mags hit the shelves.

Edited by GRAND CANNON