Gundam Figure Thread

I'm guessing it's the ball joints on the backpack that broke? According to this you can fix that problem (if it's not broken yet) by shaving/cutting off a bit of the ball joints, making them smaller and thus not as tight. Doing this allows you to pull the thrusters out without having to force them. The guy says it seems to be fine this way, though having personally not tried it myself, I'd say do it at your own risk.

Edited by rikiryou

Don't think I saw anyone review this yet, but I just gotten a EMSiA Freedom Gundam, after many weeks of picking it up and putting it down...

The EMSiA is nicely sculpted and has a good paint job, with some spillover on the shield, but quite ok. Engineering is the usual EMSiA joints (which is a problem, see later) with the exception of the backpack "wings" and cannons, which is not a polycap but a metal joint -- understandable since the wings can be heavy.

Accessories: 2 pairs of extra hands (1 gripping set, 1 open palm set), 1 beam rifle, 1 shield, 2 sabers, 1 "Darth Maul" saber. Ok as it goes.

Posability is good as per the EMSiA system. The joints are good -- not overly tight and not overly loose, at least for now. The range of motion, especially in the arms, is quite nice, but the knee joint is not capable of folding back on itself, and the waist joint seems a bit limited (but of little concern), and the neck, well, I never did like that design on my EMSiA Zakus either.

The beam saber hilts slide into specialized hip hosters and stay there, which is a very good implementation that I haven't seen for a long time. There's supposed to be a hip mount fo the beam rifle on the butt, but for some reason mine doesn't fit well there -- not to mention the wings are in the way sometimes.

The engineering on the hip guns is interesting -- it allows you to extend the gun and then rotate it around, so you can even have the Freedom on its belly and still have the hip guns pointing upwards/ forward! Interesting ability there.

The top guns are nice and simple, a swing out design that is connected at the wing joints. That meant one set of wings is "floating" and I make it a point to press the joints together every now and then.

The bad news. The EMSiA Freedom is flappy. Not floppy, but flappy. It's got a weird shoulder joint thingee where the shoulder armour attaches, and that tends to flap all over the place. The "wings" are too big and tended to get into the way. The hip guns, with its gimmicky fold-out barrel, is not well engineered as the joint doesn't line up well after you fold the barrel out, and that too tends to flap around if you aren't careful.

Then we get into the weight issue. As might be expected, the wings add quite a bit of weight to the EMSiA. That makes it hard to pose well, as the MS is quite top- and back-heavy, so with the slightest provocation it tends to flap over on its face. Add that the knee joints on mine seems a tad weak, and it tends to go easily means a lot of flapping.. Add that the ankle joints on mine aren't flappy means the MS is constantly off balance.

And the dimensions. Pull the "wings" down and back -- the rest position, supposedly -- and the tips hit the ground, not to mention the weight pulls it back and off balance. The Freedom has to hunch to get its "wings" drawn back, somewhat silly-looking. And the beam rifle is actually too long, so it can't stand straight up and hold the gun pointed straight downwards; the barrel would dig into the ground. The shield is also a tad too big; if you hook it up on the elbow joint provided, the top of the shield would not fit under the shoulder armour if you pose the shield sideways, so the Freedom has to pose its left arm like a gorrilla for that to happen.

Put all three together and you get a Freedom that is a hunchback gorrilla with a crooked arm!

*pant* *pant* Sorry, got too Probish there.

And then let me talk about the gripping hands. They don't grip. At least, they don't grip the beam rifle well -- yup, it flaps around too!

Sheesh. :rolleyes:

Personally, I'm not sure whether the MS design calls for a lot of anime-magic to get the dimensions to fit properly, of just that the EMSiA version is badly executed. It looks correct though, it's just that those honkin' big wings just add too much problems rather than solutions.

Is it bad? I don't think so. The paint job and posability is ok, if you can get the darn thing to stay in one pose it tends to hold it quite well, and look good doing it too. It's just a nuisance to get it posed right, and as such is a bit disappointing.

Is it worth MSRP? I don't think so either. The EMSiA production type Zaku IIs were worth the MSRP. This? Because of the anime-magic/ design issue, I don't think it quite matches up.

got my Zeta II in today, i have so been wanting a figure of this design for so long now, i am very very happy. thankfully the problems found on others were not found on mine, however on mine the 2 bazookas do not stay on easily and fall off but other then that he is perfect. even more so is the fact that he is quite poseable. B)) and not floppy like the other Zeta Fixes.

chris

post-1669-1152582258_thumb.jpg

Edited by zeo-mare

pics of Zeta 2, i myself will probably be avoiding the EMSIA Freedom and Justice, they do not look worthy of the EMSIA release, plus i already have the Cosmic Region versions

post-1669-1152582651_thumb.jpg

Edited by zeo-mare

pics of Zeta 2, i myself will probably be avoiding the EMSIA Freedom and Justice, they do not look worthy of the EMSIA release, plus i already have the Cosmic Region versions

415023[/snapback]

That Palace Athene on the left of the ZII is HUGE! Is that the HGUC model or a MSIA? Also, does anyone have pix of the GFF Zeta Gundam in MS mode? I cant find any good one on the web and Im trying to decide if I want it or not.

415023[/snapback]

Staring at the plate behind the Zeta II......OMG u got a Deep Striker!!! :ph34r::ph34r::ph34r::ph34r:

can u post some pic of it plz :lol:

415023[/snapback]

Staring at the plate behind the Zeta II......OMG u got a Deep Striker!!! :ph34r::ph34r::ph34r::ph34r:

can u post some pic of it plz :lol:

415196[/snapback]

the Palace Athene is the HGUC version it is painted but i need to put on the water slide decals. as for the Deepstiker i have 2 versions the red Sentinel one and a blue Task Force Alpha, i also have the Zera Gundam Fix i will be posting pics soon, i also got the Jagd Doga in today it is a very nice figure.

chris

Edited by zeo-mare

Hmm, the same thing happened with my Ex-S. I just used paper and shoved the joint into the socket: but I think over the long run this might make the socket even wider. :unsure:

415303[/snapback]

I'll probably have to do that later. I noticed the hole on the left arm was not that loose so i exchanged the left arm with the right arm. The right hand now fits into the formerly left arm but not as tight as the previous gundam fixes. It still holds the gun but getting the gun in the right place between the fingers and stay that way is a pain in the ***.

I noticed one of the gripping hands now come with a jointed thumb.

since when does it have a jointed thumb? mine does not. here is my Jagd Doga, i have to still put the decals on it.

post-1669-1152744333_thumb.jpg

my Deepstriker B)) i love this design.

post-1669-1152744721_thumb.jpg

Edited by zeo-mare

my Blue Task Force Alpha Deepstriker, i do not want 3 deepstikers so i will not be bothering with the blue sentinel one, but thought it would be cool to have at least one blue one in my collection.

post-1669-1152744761_thumb.jpg

since when does it have a jointed thumb? mine does not. here is my Jagd Doga, i have to still put the decals on it.

415580[/snapback]

In case there was confusion, i was talking about the Zeta 2. One of the right gripping hands has a thumb which swivels. There are 2 right gripping hands, and the other doesn't swivel.

Its either jointed or mine is really soft that it bends. :lol:

PS: Where does the Doga's mono-eye go when it wants to look straight ahead? That slit down the center is really weird. And i wonder if a gundam loses depth perception if one of its eye cameras gets damaged. :lol:

Edited by wolfx

i do not think that is jointed i think it is just flexible pvc i would not want to take a chance at damaging it., as for the Doga yea i agree with the eye the metal piece down the middle must block its sight, the Zudah is like that to, i am currently working on the HGUC kit and noticed that as well.

chris

my Blue Task Force Alpha Deepstriker, i do not want 3 deepstikers so i will not be bothering  with the blue sentinel one, but thought it would be cool to have at least one blue one in my collection.

415589[/snapback]

Nice pic :lol: I wish I can found that here, last time I saw one is around 10,000 yen.

Gundam Sentinel has one of the best mecha design.

I want to add the deep striker and a Zeta humming bird for the next GFF :rolleyes:

Gonna make my comment short and sweet........"HUBBA-HUBBA" :o:D

via Gunota

November & December releases UPDATED

From Rakuten Ichiba & Pam's Homepage:

Nov

Zeonography #3011 Kampher - 3864 yen

MSiA Methuss & Mega Bazooka Launcher - 2310 yen

MSiA Gaza C - 1575 yen

MSiA Gouf Ignited Yzak Joule Custom

U.C. Arms Gallery Vol. 4

Dec

GFF #0033 Gundam X - 4179 yen,

EMSiA Nu Gundam - 3150 yen

EMSiA Sazabi - 3150 yen

MSiA GOUF Ignited Heine Custom - 1575 yen

:D

YES!!! :D i want almost all of these releases. the Fix, Cosmic Region and Zeonographys are all awesome. from the looks of the picture it seem that the X can be turned into the X Divider. :)

chris

Edited by zeo-mare

All these little figures, MSiA, ExtMSiA, and Fix and CE, I've had very little hands on exposure to. Can someone tell me the difference? I've seen a CE Cosmic Region Impulse and that looked crap compared to my MMM GQ Force Impulse, therefore those are out. Can someone tell me the difference between the size/quality?

Sweet pics!! Thanks GC!! :)

So the GX can be switched to the X-DV and the G-bit! I might need to pick up a dozen of these so I can have a GX commanding a platoon of G-bits doing their final Satellite Cannon attack on the colonies ala the opening scenes of the first episode. :lol:

NICE! Like the GM Sniper and Gundam X. What form is the far right to that gundam X picture? Looks weird.

And i wish the GM Sniper had an incarnation where it looks like its sniping with his sniper rifle. So far all incarnations of it could only manage holding his rifle with one hand or held it unconvincingly.

NICE! Like the GM Sniper and Gundam X. What form is the far right to that gundam X picture? Looks weird.

416393[/snapback]

That is the G-bit. Think of the funnels used in the Elmeth, Jagd-Doga, Sazabi, Nu Gundam, Quebeley, Q-Mantha and Alpha Azieru. You know, the small floating gunpods that is exceedingly fast and hard to hit?

Imagine them in Mobile Suit form and armed with a satellite cannon and you have the G-bits.

Maybe the Airmaster and Leopard with the G-bits is not far behind? One can only hope. :p

Will DEFINATELY be picking up an X (maybe 3!) What I *really* want is a Double X, followed closely by a Leopard and MAYBE an Airmaster... (and screw the Gundams the Frost brothers used... they were just damn ugly... was it the Virsago and the Astron?)

I just picked up the Zeonography Gouf Custom, and I finally figured out why I'm usually disappointed with the GFF/ Zeonography line.

I personally look for Gundam figures that are playable and look good at it. The GFF/ Zeonography line is basically posable statues. They look really good in a display shelf but really has quite sucky articulation as a general rule -- which makes them awful for me.

The EMSiA line though, gives a great compromise between looks, poseability and price. I can do more with my EMSiA Zakus than I can with the Gouf Custom, and the looks are fairly comparable.

As such, I think I'll stop with the GFF/ Zeongraphy line and go with the EMSiA line instead. More suited to my needs, I suppose.

new pics of the X-3 Gundam fix, the decked out upgraded X-1 is awesome. and thankfully comes with the full weapons, to top that off a now confirmed MG Crossbone X-1 ver.ka Gundam makes this a very very good year for me. :)

http://www.tamashii.jp/fix/fix/02/index.html

chris