The Mw Automotive Thread Ii

It's the damnedest thing I've ever heard of--if anybody does go on a tear in NASCAR, wins too many races, then the fans will start to boo them. Case in point: Jeff Gordon a couple of years back.

Speaking of which: the wild speculation and rumor has already begun in the wake of JPM's announcement to join Nextel Cup; seems that publicity test w/him and J. Gordon is still somewhat fresh in the minds of the press. So naturally, folks are beginning to ask: will Jeff Gordon get a serious test with an F1 team in the near future? <_< If such a thing were to conceivably happen, would be a slap in the face to Scott Speed, I'd say--considering he busted his arse and earned his seat, worked his way up the ranks in Europe...

Edited by reddsun1

It's the damnedest thing I've ever heard of--if anybody does go on a tear in NASCAR, wins too many races, then the fans will start to boo them.  Case in point: Jeff Gordon a couple of years back.

414767[/snapback]

Actually, there are only three drivers who get booed whenever they win: Wonderpunk, Jimmie Johnson (mostly because Wonderpunk owns his car) and Kurt Busch (who just has a fundamental problem with everyone and everything around him). Kyle Busch hasn't won yet this year, but he's no better than his brother when it comes to losing his temper.

Of course, no one booed Carl Edwards when he won four times last year. They were too busy watching him do backflips. :lol:

Some vids of the Olympia Beer Charger at the Le Mans Classic race.

According to the w'site: "We came out of the "raccordement" chicane in 2nd, upshifted in third near the start/finish line and went full throttle until 4500 rpm in fourth into the right hander at the end of the main straightaway. You could hear it roar for miles around !" Only 4500 rpm? Funny to think; the other drivers were probably flogging their sports cars, keeping the revs way up to make power. This one, on the other hand, with that big lump under the hood? That sum-bi**h [motor] just lays up there and grunts. :lol:

http://www.olympia-charger.com/2006/07/dolmetsch_built.html

Then there's the one-lap vid. I bet the Europeans got a kick out of this car. Watch as he just reels 'em in and blasts by on the Mulsanne and other long straight. Also note how he brakes way early though. Maybe he should have taken a boat anchor along with him to help! :p In pics of the original car, big aluminum ducts are seen in the rear quarter windows. They were ducting for the rear brakes, I'd bet? http://www.olympia-charger.com/2006/07/one_hot_lap_of_.html

Edited by reddsun1

in any case: Montoya signed with Ganassi! sweetness! Montoya's in a Dodge!!

415119[/snapback]

It seems that 2007 will be an interesting season for NASCAR. Montoya leaves F1, Toyota plays with the Big Three with their "Camry" stock car, and the Car of Tomorrow will play a key factor in at least seven races.

Road and Track magazine I am not, but I had to take a coupla' shots of me and the boys for fun!

group1bfw1.jpg

groupdiagbfw11.jpg

Edited by myk

Marcos announces unveiling of a new model, the TSO. Hmm, a Marcos that's not endearingly ugly? What will they think of next?

Promised performance looks impressive: "The TSO is a performer – a lightweight composite body, space frame chassis and V8 engine provide an impressive power-to-weight ratio. With the Performance Pack the TSO accelerates to 60 mph in 4.1 seconds and to 100 mph in 8.5 seconds. Huge 340mm AP Racing brakes deliver a 0-100-0 time of 12.9 seconds. Overtaking is effortless with a 50 to 70 mph time of just 2.1 seconds. Top speed is over 185 mph."

2006-Marcos-TSO-GTC-2.jpg

2006-Marcos-TSO-GTC-10.jpg

2006-Marcos-TSO-GTC-3.jpg

2006-Marcos-TSO-GTC-5.jpg

Lol. Yeah, I'm not happy with how much smaller looking the Charger came out than the other two. Actually, side by side their body dimensions aren't that far apart but there's ACRES of room inside of the Dodge...Wierd...

Edited by myk

Thanks 7, although they're nothing like owning a new 'Stang like yours, I like them plenty...

Isn't that a yellow color? Ah, my fault for taking pictures in direct sunlight-the Charger's still orange, although I really want to go sub-lime, or whatever that lime green color was...

yeah, Top Banana's yellow.

well, you could go with Sub-Lime, or maybe....ohh! go with Citron Yellow! That's the color the Dirty Mary, Crazy Larry Charger was!

That had to have been staged. I refuse to acknowledge that there people out there who can actually believe let alone preach that kind of b.s.

It was pretty funny though...

Edited by myk

• 2 weeks later...

i think it's a great alternative to people who don't want the peice of crap that is the G6 hard top conv. or the maintenance nightmare Mercedes SLK/SL. Plus with a few simple mods, you can still have a screaming machine, and yet a refined cruiser for the summer time.

it uses the older slk320 platform and motor; what a piece. It's funny because Mercedes is suppose to be on the cutting edge, but all of their motors are very primitive (with the exception of the new 6.2liter AMG V8 and their 6.0liter V12). What's more sad is how unreliable Chryslers are now that they're using the underpowered gas guzzling Mercedes 90 degree V6's.

it uses the older slk320 platform and motor; what a piece.  It's funny because Mercedes is suppose to be on the cutting edge, but all of their motors are very primitive (with the exception of the new 6.2liter AMG V8 and their 6.0liter V12).  What's more sad is how unreliable Chryslers are now that they're using the underpowered gas guzzling Mercedes 90 degree V6's.

420086[/snapback]

that's why it was really a "hostile Takeover" instead of a real "merger"....