Ultimate Detailed 1/48 Resin Kit:

jorawar_b

Hi guys, I know I had a group buy already posted, but I have been approached by a fellow MW member on the chance of making a detailed 1/48 scale YF-19, YF-21 and YF-22 kits.

Here are some of what detail:

- reworked bodies to be even for all pieces (originals are off!)

- reworked fitting so no gaps or holes or thin areas

- body will be hollowed cast to keep material usage down, keep weight down for shipping and to keep cost down.

- clear resin canopies to be cast for all

- cockpit will be detailed up ala 1/48 Ultimate VF-1

- bodies will be detailed up with new panel lines and details ala Hasagawa levels of details at minimum

- pilots to be sculpted

- high cast resin will be used in pressurized casting process

- white metal landing gears all around

- detailed water slide decals to be provided

- white box for mailing

options based on demand and pricing (note all of this will affect the production)

- Photoetch to be made for more details OR even better, the masters will be photo etched detailed for certain parts prior to casting. This Photo etch will be newly made.

- removable and openable panels ala 1/48 Ultimate VF-1 include engine compartment details and whatever official line art we have. All new sculpting.

- VF-22S option to be sculpted - canopy and revised underside for the YF-21 kit. If someone has these 2 pieces to lend, I can include it in the YF-21 kit so you can build either version.

Design and engineering is underway right now. Once the sculptor has the design finalized, sculpting will begin on the masters and ETA at BEST is June. I\'m guessing July for the first one, and August for the 2nd one.

We need about 20 people to show interest in order to get the kits, or we need 20 of each kits sold, this way people will not have to buy the set, they can buy one if they like.

So I will be starting a list of people who are "interested" in getting the kits made, and then once we get into production, then we will transfere the list into a "buying" list.

Thanks

Bob

List:

1. jorawar_b ( YF-19,21,22) *(3)

2. Less than Super Ostrich (YF-19,21) *(2)

3. falcon14141 (YF-19,22) *(2)

4. THOR ( YF-19,21,22) *(3)

5. isamu_dyson (YF-19,21) *(2)

6. Viceland (YF-19,21,22) *(3)

7. darklord4 (YF-19,21,22) *(3)

8. Chewie (YF-19) *(1)

9. Ichiban (YF-19,21,22) *(3)

10. xtoys (YF-19,21,22) *(3)

11. hirohawa (YF-19,21,22) *(3)

12. Bad_Scorpion (YF-19,21,22) *(3)

13. grimmace (YF-19,21) *(2)

Edited by jorawar_b

Will there be options for the YF-19 as in the Club-M kit, e.g. Fold Booster, second seat

What about Fast Packs?

Will there be sculpted gear up/down options?

Available options and final price estimate will really determine my interest level.

What about a VF-11? (More elagant looking than the YF-21/VF-22)

Would really like to see these kits :)

Will there be options for the YF-19 as in the Club-M kit, e.g. Fold Booster, second seat

What about Fast Packs?

Will there be sculpted gear up/down options?

Available options and final price estimate will really determine my interest level.

What about a VF-11? (More elagant looking than the YF-21/VF-22)

Would really like to see these kits :)

378968[/snapback]

Hey bro, I will address these points and get back to you, well if these come out well and there is an interest in the VF-11, than it can become a reality. Lets see how these go.

update:

I think we can make the fold booster and weapons, might be able to get a VF-11 but not sure, it all depends on how much interest we can get.

379427[/snapback]

I think my bank will phone me the day I'll pay those recasts.... since you could count me in on those too ....

PM sent, thanks.

Ichiban

Hi guys, I know I had a group buy already posted, but I have been approached by a fellow MW member on the chance of making a detailed 1/48 scale YF-19, YF-21 and YF-22 kits. 

Here are some of what detail:

- reworked bodies to be even for all pieces (originals are off!)

- reworked fitting so no gaps or holes or thin areas

- body will be hollowed cast to keep material usage down, keep weight down for shipping and to keep cost down.

- clear resin canopies to be cast for all

- cockpit will be detailed up ala 1/48 Ultimate VF-1

- bodies will be detailed up with new panel lines and details ala Hasagawa levels of details at minimum

- pilots to be sculpted

- high cast resin will be used in pressurized casting process

- white metal landing gears all around

- detailed water slide decals to be provided

- white box for mailing

options based on demand and pricing (note all of this will affect the production)

- Photoetch to be made for more details OR even better, the masters will be photo etched detailed for certain parts prior to casting. This Photo etch will be newly made.

- removable and openable panels ala 1/48 Ultimate VF-1 include engine compartment details and whatever official line art we have. All new sculpting.

- VF-22S option to be sculpted - canopy and revised underside for the YF-21 kit. If someone has these 2 pieces to lend, I can include it in the YF-21 kit so you can build either version.

Design and engineering is underway right now. Once the sculptor has the design finalized, sculpting will begin on the masters and ETA at BEST is June. I\'m guessing July for the first one, and August for the 2nd one.

We need about 20 people to show interest in order to get the kits, or we need 20 of each kits sold, this way people will not have to buy the set, they can buy one if they like.

So I will be starting a list of people who are "interested" in getting the kits made, and then once we get into production, then we will transfere the list into a "buying" list.

Thanks

Bob

378961[/snapback]

I am interested in a YF-19 and 21 but its all about the price in the end. 1/48 is great and should be able to get all the details mentioned. I'll wait to see some pics and the price but you can put me on the "interested" list for sure.

• 3 weeks later...

I am still waiting on the final word if the samples or done or not. I have a 1/48 scale YF-19 and 21, if this project is not a go and someone wants to have a go at it, maybe we can workout something.

Vice, I have never recasted anything yet, but am willing to give it a try, I am slowly reading articles and trying to figure out the best tools to buy, I might be willing to do it myself.

I am a amatuer but, all these kits that have began to be made has motivated me in trying to help all our fellow macross brothers in bringing more kits out.

I will keep everyone updated.