Froppy 1/48 Fast Packs

easnoddy

Hey, I've had my 1/48 VF-1A Hikaru since it came out and have recently only gotten my 2nd and 3rd 1/48. My 3rd 1/48 was the 1J Max and I also recentl got a set of fast packs. One of the first things I noticed was how LOOSE these things are. The missles fall off the pylons, the missle parts of the backpack and such just fall off with a strong breeze. Has anyone else seen this behavior on their fast-packs? What did you do to correct? Clear nailpolish?

I'm thinking about trying to find the dullest clear nailpolish I can find and going to town on all my 1/48's to make them tighter in a lot of places. My 1/48 Max has a problem with the hips staying in place in fighter mode.

Just wondering if anyone else has had a problem with this.

i haven't heard about any problems allthough

i just started collecting the 1/48ths and haven't

had the any problems with them. i just ordered

up a couple of Fastpacks and this is something to

consider when they arrive. thanks for the heads up.

I suppose dull clear coat would work but nail polish is thicker <_<

i never had this problem before either. maybe you got a bad Quality one, i am sure it happens every now and then.,

buy the way what is Froppy???

I've heard many people complain that the little missiles pop out of the fastpacks. I, for one, have never tried to attach them although now that I got a kit of the see-through covers i might look into it. Also, the missile tower of the fastpack does pop off pretty easily but it should take a lot more than a strong breeze. I know that whenever I try to transform a 1/48 with the fastpacks on a missile tower will eventually pop off before i make it completely to the next mode. I've never had a problem with them falling off in the display case though. As far as the legs go... I haven't had a problem there... especially in fighter mode...

Edit: jenius beat me, also agree that the leg packs should snap tight to the leg and fuselage.

Hasn't there been threads about loose RMS missiles and backpack micromissiles? That's the case with my fastpacks, I don't think it's uncommon. Most people leave the micromissiles off the backpack, as you can't see them with the cover on anyways. I used a thin layer of krazy glue on the RMS missile pylon attachment nubs, and that made them fit on the wings much tighter. I also just glued the RMS missiles to the pylons - don't do this if you "pretend" to launch nukes at Zentran ships. ;)

Edited by ghostryder

Easnoddy,

Also, with your set of new fast packs, be careful handling those twin rocket packs on the backpack/booster area. Make sure you're pulling or pushing carefully without putting any pressure on the "BP-8" joint.

I think Yamato whould make that part into metal.

You can also use Testors' non-toxic cement to hold and tighten those joints.

Jason

When I said the legs were floppy, I didn't mean the fast packs/armor connection. I mean the joint where the hip meets the underneath of the chest just pops out so easily.

I was being facetious about the strong breeze regarding the missile towers and under-wing attachments, but they are very loose/wobbly. I really don't care much for the toy falling apart during transformation and having to reassemble it in the new mode.

Also, the gunpod and arm armor don't seem to want to work together for me. The gunpod falls out very easily and the leg pegs do not keep the arms in place very well in fighter mode. If I pick the toy up after having it set in fighter, the arms will try to droop lower every time.

Kensei:

What would you suggest in regards to not using nailpolish to make the connection points fit tighter? I'm not sure what Testors non-toxic cement IS. Is it the brush-on liquid glue?

I understand the area you're referring to where the legs attach to the chest. I own several 1/48s and fortunately have encountered any problems in that area yet. Mine seem to lock in pretty nice and require a bit of pressure to unhinge for transformation.

I do agree about the gun attachment being piss-poor to the arms. It's a major PITA to get that thing to stay like it should. Also, the fastpack variety 1/48s do not come together in super fighter mode as nice and tight as they do without the fast packs on. Without fastpacks the backpack/tail section keeps everything together but when it is folded up the rear of the toy gets a little loose. When the rear is loose it's a lot easier for the arms to sag... especially with the added weight of the fastpacks and the gun. You can rectify this by adding pressure on the outside of each legs to pinch the arms a bit when you're holding/positioning the toy.

Kensei:

What would you suggest in regards to not using nailpolish to make the connection points fit tighter?  I'm not sure what Testors non-toxic cement IS.  Is it the brush-on liquid glue?

352619[/snapback]

I'll try and answer your other propblem later, gotta rush now...but to be honest I am not a modelling guy and would like to know the answer to that myself.

Just to let you know that nailpolish is an organic solvent and dissolves platics really well. But the concentration in nail polish is pretty low, but the problems lies with people smackin it on like they would with Peanut butter. A little goes a long way, just a coat, very lightly like you would use Vegemite on toast.

i just use a hobby knife to shave a little nub off the arm armors to get my gunpods to attach right, i only have this problem with the TV version arm armors.

for the missiles, i just use some sticky tack that you use to hang posters with,

. Make sure you're pulling or pushing carefully without putting any pressure on the "BP-8" joint.

352473[/snapback]

What is this BP-8 joint? Anyone got a pic of it? I just got my VF-1J Hikaru with fastpacks and I don't want to break it!

353437[/snapback]

Neova's posted a good pic here.

. Make sure you're pulling or pushing carefully without putting any pressure on the "BP-8" joint.

352473[/snapback]

What is this BP-8 joint? Anyone got a pic of it? I just got my VF-1J Hikaru with fastpacks and I don't want to break it!

353437[/snapback]

Neova's posted a good pic here.

353456[/snapback]

Thanks